Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: peterborough v swindon official matchday thread  (Read 24925 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #240 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 19:04:58 »

I was dissapointed with it. At these end of season games I always hope to go and see a set of fans on a real high about their football.

Yes they went up last week. But Peterborough getting promoted to that league is still a once in 20 year event.

I dont know if the fault is with modern football or modern fans. But somewhere along the lines football needs to get more excited. For me, saturday was a prime example of a ground full of people who didnt have a clue about football.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #241 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 19:06:08 »

Their chairman is talking about Europe within six years - maybe they're waiting for that Smiley
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 19:07:33 »

Peterborough have had back-to-back promotions, so the excitement is probably diminished slightly.

If they had spent 5+ years here then they'd have more of an understanding of what it is to get out of this league.

Once the manager leaves, the current crop is sold off, and the chairman gets bored, then I see them going back to League 2 to be honest, so I hope they enjoy it whilst it lasts.
glos_robin

« Reply #243 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 19:26:23 »

Isn't their chairman meant to be abit dodgy with his company making a few appearances on Watchdog? I can't see him staying long term and can only imagine when he does leave he'll leave behind a whole heap of problems.
Europe in 6 years .........don't make me laugh Peterborough are a mid-table league 1 team at best and are just riding a bit of wave at the moment which won't last forever. Next season they'll be competing with teams that have equal and greater spending power than them so won't find life so easy.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 19:31:54 »

I was dissapointed with it. At these end of season games I always hope to go and see a set of fans on a real high about their football.

Yes they went up last week. But Peterborough getting promoted to that league is still a once in 20 year event.

I dont know if the fault is with modern football or modern fans. But somewhere along the lines football needs to get more excited. For me, saturday was a prime example of a ground full of people who didnt have a clue about football.

I think they need to look at some clips from the game we played against Walsall  Wink

I was surprised how flat it seemed; especially after the fuss made by some of their fans about not getting the Moyes End  Baby
Spencer_White

« Reply #245 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 19:40:08 »

Or Mansfield. Or any of the games at the latter end of 2003/04.

Ive got every faith that if we do pull a good season out of the bag next season then our fans will turn out and make a great occasion out of it. Like we always do.

Lets go fucking mental.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 19:41:34 »

Well you'd get Yeovil Blue going to games for starters.

He alone is worth probably 500 Town fans.
Talk Talk

« Reply #247 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 19:44:03 »

Well you'd get Yeovil Blue going to games for starters.

He alone is worth probably 500 Town fans.

According to my personality profiling stuff, you and Yeovil are a match made in heaven. You will make a lovely couple.
Spencer_White

« Reply #248 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 19:44:24 »

Id swap 500 Peterborough fans for one Yeovil Blue.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 20:20:53 »

Peterborough were on our local news programme tonight as they had an open bus go round Peterborough, only 3000 people turned up. Now i know they finished 2nd and didn't win the league, but i thought that was a poor turn out for a side which has just won consecutive promotions.

And they are aiming to get into the Premier League within the next two years they said! As posts have said above, dream on. They would need a new ground, doubt they would get the attendances to finance it and as soon as the chairman walks, they would be stuffed.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 20:21:41 »

Having just watched the video, it was even worse a dive than I first thought. He's half way down before the challenge is even made. No idea how the ref could give that.
Talk Talk

« Reply #251 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 20:23:44 »

as soon as the chairman walks, they would be stuffed.

That makes me shudder if you apply the same train of thought to us...

(Sorry about the railway reference)
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 20:43:13 »

Id swap 500 Peterborough fans for one Yeovil Blue.

Cool

/
W56196272
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 20:49:03 »

That makes me shudder if you apply the same train of thought to us...

(Sorry about the railway reference)

I think it would affect them more than it would us. He has certainly financed the team more, they don't have a big support generally so he must be subsidising that as well.

At least our board are running the club so we don't make a loss now, so i believe, so if they walked we should still be solvent.

If the Peterborough chairman walked then i think they would come straight back down.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 21:10:27 »

Peterborough were on our local news programme tonight as they had an open bus go round Peterborough, only 3000 people turned up. Now i know they finished 2nd and didn't win the league, but i thought that was a poor turn out for a side which has just won consecutive promotions.

And they are aiming to get into the Premier League within the next two years they said! As posts have said above, dream on. They would need a new ground, doubt they would get the attendances to finance it and as soon as the chairman walks, they would be stuffed.

They didn't have to drive the bus very far then! That must be the shortest journey on record  Embarrassed
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: