Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: peterborough v swindon official matchday thread  (Read 24933 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #225 on: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 17:10:10 »

My youngest lad, 25, went to his first Swindon game in 12 years this weekend, he supports Reading (had to check his blood group when he started going this season) - girlfriend influence I'm afraid - anyway after the noise and atmosphere from the Swindon fans at Peterborough I think he is now a true believer - he said he has never heard anything like the noise generated from our mop on Saturday - he wants to come to Swindon games in the futue - he has also split from the Reading bitch as well, that might have something to do with it as well.
I think I might be the first to say, oh how funny to see so many long faced Reading fans walking around the village this afternoon, bless!!!

Your boy needs to sort himself out.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 18:21:05 »

I think I might be the first to say, oh, how funny to see so many long faced Reading fans walking around the village this afternoon, bless!!!

I had great fun driving past the Madejski laughing at them with my big Swindon crest in my rear windscreen.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 23:12:09 »

Well done to all those who went.

Just watched the extensive highlights..........what utter bollox!

Cox first and their equaliser....that was it.....Fuck the Championship tv programme......

Clems Army!
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 23:23:43 »

What sort of bloke would support a football team cos his bird does?

Im shocked Dell,did you never take him aside and ask him what he was playing at?

Lets be honest though,our fans are shit at home and most fans have a laugh and make a noise when they are away.So if you dont want to burst his bubble id only let him go to away games.

/
W56196272
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 23:24:48 »

I'll wait until on Virgin tomorrow, championship really is turning into prem mk2.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 23:30:29 »

It always comes across diluted on the telly. Anyone who has been away knows the score. We took over their party and they know it. My missus (who I took yesterday) wants to do more away games next season, and I agree totally. We sit as ST holders in the DRS, and though you can get an atmosphere going, it is usually average to poor; away from home is fun  Yes
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 08:16:50 »

Just seen, the goals up close, both good finishes by Cox, but shocking defending. Also what a dive by Boyd for the penalty!
Archie

« Reply #232 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 08:39:25 »

There were a few fans in end opposite that made a bit of noise and there was a drum (bloody drums!). Most areas of the ground were sat still though.

It makes me laugh when fans use the poor acoustics argument. Our fans have said it of the Town End in our ground, but whenever I haven't been in it and the fans have sung I've always heard them fine. Obviously poor acoustics can be detrimental, but if the majority of fans sing then you still hear them.

When you equalised at the end I heard the fans wake up then. I certainly saw them jumping up and down and clapping too. That's how I expected it to be over the entire course of the game.

Anyway, well done for getting promoted.
We have this every week. It's not that the noise doesn't get out - it does. It's just so loud in the ends that you can't hear anything else if there's any more than a murmur.

I could see you Swindon fans waving your hands a lot on Sat, but didn't hear you sing once. Not even when you scored.

Your team looked good on Saturday and I'm surprised that you were so low in the table. If you play like you did in the first half, you'll be up near the top next year.

That lad Cox would look very pretty on our bench next year.  Wink
swindon-chap

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 09:00:42 »

I could see you Swindon fans waving your hands a lot on Sat, but didn't hear you sing once. Not even when you scored.
Funny how you say that, when some Peterborough fans I've been talking to have said we were one of the loudest set of fans to visit London Road this season. There's no way you can say you created an atmosphere Saturday, no way at all.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 10:12:27 »

There is no chance you didnt hear us at all

....there is also no chance Cox would firstly go to Peterborough and secondly end up on the bench.

Better than all your strikers.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 10:13:50 »

Maybe he meant as a first team coach to show Mackail Smith how to finish?
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 10:25:42 »

he was hungry?

No, Slovakia

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
dell boy

« Reply #237 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 10:28:45 »

Only when they scored did I actually see there fans move/clap. I definitely heard them before the kick-off and thought it was going to be a great atmosphere, but once the game started nothing apart from that flipping drum.
In the first half I stood right in the middle of the main Swindon singing lot, second half I moved across to left hand side and the noise from the Swindon fans was very loud, still heard nothing from Peterborough. They were quieter than Leicester and that is saying something.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 16:34:14 »

Just seen, the goals up close, both good finishes by Cox, but shocking defending. Also what a dive by Boyd for the penalty!

even from our end we could see that wasn't a penalty, what a shocking decision!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
dell boy

« Reply #239 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 18:22:22 »

even from our end we could see that wasn't a penalty, what a shocking decision!

Did they show the earlier incident about 3 minutes before, because that looked like a certain penalty that wasn't given?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: