Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: peterborough v swindon official matchday thread  (Read 24706 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 21:56:13 »

At least our board are running the club so we don't make a loss now, so i believe, so if they walked we should still be solvent.
I'll bet Messrs. Watkins and Fitton have had a smile at that one!!  Let's just say they are probably not losing so much now as the previous regime were!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 23:03:22 »

I'll bet Messrs. Watkins and Fitton have had a smile at that one!!  Let's just say they are probably not losing so much now as the previous regime were!
Aye. It'll be a while before we're breaking even I should think
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 06:26:06 »

Did they show the earlier incident about 3 minutes before, because that looked like a certain penalty that wasn't given?

erm no

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 09:12:22 »

Their Chairman sells timeshare in Spain, and what has just collapsed in Spain...property !!!

I'd give it a year or so, and he'll be off !!!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 10:22:18 »

At least our board are running the club so we don't make a loss now, so i believe, so if they walked we should still be solvent.

While that may be their ultimate intention, we are a long way from that at the moment.

They are expecting to make a big loss for this season, mainly down to the huge squad we have of players who dont (or cant) play.

This will reduce massively in the Summer due to all the contracts expiring but even then they are not expecting to reach break-even unless players are sold to make up the difference.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 10:22:48 »

However.....just like us in the Prem....better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all! Yes

Clems Army!
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 12:34:48 »

I haven’t posted on this subject yet, but having read 18 pages this morning (good way to start a Monday), I thought I’d raise a few points.

Fair play to all who went, I must admit I decided not to at 4.40pm against Rovers – having read the posts I am regretting that decesion.  It sounds like there were few up there and as was mentioned, first away game on last day of the season for years (Stoke must have been the last???).  I have been to Posh’s stadium a couple of times and it’s a proper ground with a decent sized covered away terrace, how many of them are left in the football league?  It’s a shame that now they have been promoted no doubt they will chuck a load of seats on it and think about relocating to an out of town stadium.   Given London Road or some non descript, soulless, out of town, plastic, mono structure, I know which one I would choose every time.  The advent of this type of stadia may be great for the coffers of our beloved football clubs, but watching football post Taylor report can be pretty dull. In my opinion it won’t be long before we can’t shout, swear or raise our voices at football matches.   Now don’t get me wrong, I would love to be in Posh’s shoes and celebrating a promotion, however I would still view with caution – especially when I will have trouble getting tickets to the big games next season cos some bloke who hasn’t been since last time they were in the championship has decided Arsenal/man u etc can wait a season.  Doing a Wigan would be even worse.  No doubt Franchise will be in eth top flight sooner rather than later and I genuinley can't be arsed mixing with them types.

The issue with fans/atmos is probably similar to our game against Stockport in 96, awful atmos, about 400 Stockport fans out sang us for the entire game.  Unfortunately that’s what happens when half the ground is full of debutants.  As has been mentioned our home support / noise has been awful this season, in my view this is because everyone is dotted around the ground due to season tickets pricing - hopeflly that will chaneg nexty season.

Finally – Championship coverage on Sunday was rubbish, 10 seconds of Cox’s goal and that was it.  Did anyone see the Oldham fans sat in their away end, to a man they were in fancy dress - the bloke dressed as a Rubiks cube was quality!!!

PS All drums / musical instruments at football can fcuk off.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #262 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 12:40:41 »

It's not Monday Wink
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 12:45:43 »

Just testing
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 15:40:41 »

And the Rovers game finished at about 2pm. Smiley  Of course you might have considered your decision carefully..

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 16:17:14 »

Just to open this one up, I bet with Will Hill online and they paid out 390 on a tenner each way but if Paul d's mate as per the above used Will Hill and got full payout, should I query it with them or not?  I'm not sure on the betting malarky so just wanted to some professional opinions before I make a tit out of myself.  I'm more than happy with what ive got by the way, but just a curious question really!
Ooops! Clarification - had a message from my mate earlier today and apparently he was given the wrong info when he rang to check on Saturday. He rang up around 5-ish on Sat and was told they'd pay out in full, but has now checked and they've only paid halves, so looks like whoever he spoke to at Billy Hills was giving out duff info. Mind, he's still several hundred quid better off than I am and had a fun weekend before he checked mentally spending over a grand (fortunately he didn't actually go out and spend on the back of it)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 16:21:53 »

i got 348 from coral for 10 e/w at 40-1
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #267 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 16:24:59 »

e/w is a third of the odds? Nice one!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 18:22:24 »

I haven’t posted on this subject yet, but having read 18 pages this morning (good way to start a Monday), I thought I’d raise a few points.

Fair play to all who went, I must admit I decided not to at 4.40pm against Rovers – having read the posts I am regretting that decesion.  It sounds like there were few up there and as was mentioned, first away game on last day of the season for years (Stoke must have been the last???).  I have been to Posh’s stadium a couple of times and it’s a proper ground with a decent sized covered away terrace, how many of them are left in the football league?  It’s a shame that now they have been promoted no doubt they will chuck a load of seats on it and think about relocating to an out of town stadium.   Given London Road or some non descript, soulless, out of town, plastic, mono structure, I know which one I would choose every time.  The advent of this type of stadia may be great for the coffers of our beloved football clubs, but watching football post Taylor report can be pretty dull. In my opinion it won’t be long before we can’t shout, swear or raise our voices at football matches.   Now don’t get me wrong, I would love to be in Posh’s shoes and celebrating a promotion, however I would still view with caution – especially when I will have trouble getting tickets to the big games next season cos some bloke who hasn’t been since last time they were in the championship has decided Arsenal/man u etc can wait a season.  Doing a Wigan would be even worse.  No doubt Franchise will be in eth top flight sooner rather than later and I genuinley can't be arsed mixing with them types.

The issue with fans/atmos is probably similar to our game against Stockport in 96, awful atmos, about 400 Stockport fans out sang us for the entire game.  Unfortunately that’s what happens when half the ground is full of debutants.  As has been mentioned our home support / noise has been awful this season, in my view this is because everyone is dotted around the ground due to season tickets pricing - hopeflly that will chaneg nexty season.

Finally – Championship coverage on Sunday was rubbish, 10 seconds of Cox’s goal and that was it.  Did anyone see the Oldham fans sat in their away end, to a man they were in fancy dress - the bloke dressed as a Rubiks cube was quality!!!

PS All drums / musical instruments at football can fcuk off.

I looked at my TV guide and couldn't see that being on  Huh?
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 19:03:45 »

I looked at my TV guide and couldn't see that being on  Huh?

It was on about 11.15 at night on Sunday.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: