Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats needed next season?  (Read 10245 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 11:05:52 »

My ideal League 1 Squad: (starting line up in bold)

GK:
Smith
Fon-Williams

Def:
Amankwaah
Jack Smith
Greer
Nelson
Tamika Mkandawire
Morrison
Tommy Rowe
Billy Jones

Mid:
McNamee
McGovern
Alan Navarro
Dom Blizzard
Timlin
Tudor-Jones
Macklin
Robson-Kanu

Strikers:
Paynter
Cox or if Coxy goes Tom Craddock
Billy Clarke
Razak

You'd have the best defender in the league on the bench?! Are you insane

Things get better but they never get good
Maguire11

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 11:07:28 »

Which defender is that Dave?

Swindon Town League 2 Champions - 2012
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 11:27:26 »

Tamika

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Panda Paws

« Reply #18 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 11:28:14 »

And Fon Williams would never agree to come here as number 2, a couple of championship sides are sniffing around him
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 11:43:20 »

With the recent interview about getting the spine right for the team,i'd expect DW to be interested in
some of the following players.

Goalkeeper - Konstantopoulos

Centre Halves - Greer and Nelson

Rumours at Bristol City that they're prepared to let McCombe and Carey go,think DW would be interested
in one or the other,if we can't get Nelson.

Strikers - Adam Boyd  - Contracts up this summer and DW knows him from Hartlepool

Billy Clarke - looks a real player and good finisher.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 11:49:40 »

Thomas Butler is likely to get released from Swansea. He's a decent player at this level.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 11:51:13 »

Let's sign James Constable - would be a handy 5th choice striker behind Razak.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 11:51:56 »

wilson thinks Boyd is lazy, so we won't be seeing him I don't think.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 11:57:28 »

wilson thinks Boyd is lazy, so we won't be seeing him I don't think.

He probably is,but he knows where the goal is, (Same thing used to be levelled at Big Dunc)

It's all a bit of fun anyway to speculate,especially after the season we've just had  Grin

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Panda Paws

« Reply #24 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 12:01:12 »

Let's sign James Constable - would be a handy 5th choice striker behind Razak.

Scummer
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 12:06:17 »

I don't think it is worth signing players that will just do a job at this level I think we have to be looking at signing players who are good enough for the league above, it is no good signing players for this level when we have a good season next and get promotion and the players we have are still in contract and no good for the level above.

It is worth looking as well at the model of P'boro they went for the option of signing young hungry players and it paid off with 2 consecutive promotions, I think we will find Wilson knows who he wants and I suspect there will be a few unknown players coming in.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 12:13:32 »

Scummer

He's their best striker - we could employ him to clean the dressing room or something.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 12:16:04 »

Peacock is still in contract for next season as well - Didn't Wilson tell him he'd be a striker ?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 12:16:21 »

Apaprently we're the 11 richest club in Britain aswell, so shop shop shop!!
No we're not. Even assuming this rich list survey is not, uniquely among such surveys, utter steaming bullshit
AND assuming that the survey is not based on wild guesswork
AND assuming that any guesswork etc is current rather than as is more than likely based on old figures from before the recession hit and wiped kazillions off the value of everyone's holdings, rendering all such old data even more worthless than the notional value of stocks they're based on

....even if all that holds true then our owners may just may be the 11th richest club owners, but that doesn't make us a rich club. Unless you think wealthy individuals get to that state by being the kind of people who are prepared to pour their every last penny into a 3rd division football club. Which, typically, they don't
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 12:19:34 »

deja vu but....andy bishop if bury dont get promoted altho he did sign a new contract this season so may cost us a few quid

paynter was good on sat and if he played like that every week, I would say he warrants a start, but would be happy to see us with a new front pairing...preferably with at least one of them who can head the ball as we do play with wingers after all.....

talking of which, as DW likes his wingers, I feel that altho most of us crave a creative centre mid, we aint gonna be seeing one anytime soon as DW relies on 2 combative bodies in there...we're currently a bit one dimentional (sp) and would like to think that we can work on a plan B during pre season
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: