Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Message to Rovers fans  (Read 17744 times)
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 17:27:15 »

Off the top of my head, the only time they've beaten us in the last 6 was 1-0 away at the end of the promotion season?

Before that we went 4 or 5 seasons without playing them I think.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 18:18:19 »

I just registered to a rovers forum solely to rip it out of them but it says I don't have permission to start or reply to any threads. Think maybe a mod needs to review my registration first?!? Its weird.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 00:10:23 »

Seriously tho what's the 6 games figure? Swindon and Rovers have played each other loads more times than that.

The last 6 times we played. Before that we didn't play them for 5 years.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 07:43:23 »

the games shop.

Monopoly, Scrabble, Cluedo, Risk, Hero Quest and Connect 4.

no space crusade? how disappointing

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
GasAttacK

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 08:44:28 »

Congrats on the win guys. It's true, Swindon are a bit of a bogey side for us. Even when we play well - which wasn't yesterday by the way - we rarely get a result.

The game couldn't have started much worse for us; Phillips and Anthony almost knock each other out and leave Cox with an open goal. We had no other centre backs available so when Anthony was stretchered off it meant Lescott - who is barely 5 foot tall - had to move into that position; that also left us with 2 wingers playing in the full back positions.

We could have gone 2 down soon after but eventually settled into the game and equalised with an equally freaky goal. We had 4 or 5 good chances after that, Lambert missed 2 free headers, Duffy and Kuffour failed to convert chances inside the 6 yard box and your keeper made a great save from a Lines shot. We probably deserved a lead at half time and with the wind blowing towards the away end I thought we might need one and that proved to be the case.

We never really got going second half and despite Phillips not having too much to do I always felt you might sneak one. I think 3 of our defenders got a touch on the cross which led to the goal, each taking it away from the other but when it got to Cox he finished it very well.

I thought that was game over because we didn't look up for it in the second half but we could and probably should have snatched an equalizer at the end when Lambert chested down a long ball forward but put his shot wide when it looked easier to score.

My prediction was 3-3 and on another day I think that could have easily been the score.

Looks like Carlisle will probably go down with Crewe after blowing a 1 goal lead and having 2 players sent off at Cheltenham but I doubt you’re bothered now you know you’re safe.

See you again next season.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 08:46:44 by GasAttacK » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 08:56:05 »

Indeed. Can you try and make your away 'stand' a little bit more solid next year? Spent the whole game thinking it was about to collapse.
flammableBen

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 08:59:04 »

no space crusade? how disappointing

genestealers were too fucking gay.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 08:59:29 »

Looks like Carlisle will probably go down with Crewe after blowing a 1 goal lead and having 2 players sent off at Cheltenham but I doubt you’re bothered now you know you’re safe.

Getting rid of some norvern teams is always good...shame that Cheltnumb and Hereford have gone really.  I'm just hoping Barnsley stay up....Norwich would be an interesting addition at this level.

When was the last time Rovers played them in a league game?
GasAttacK

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 09:03:53 »

No idea when we last played Norwich in the league. We lost 1-0 up there a few seasons back in the cup though and it was a great away day - despite the result - so I'm hoping they come down; Charlton and Southampton should be pretty good as well.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 09:08:06 »

No idea when we last played Norwich in the league. We lost 1-0 up there a few seasons back in the cup though and it was a great away day - despite the result - so I'm hoping they come down; Charlton and Southampton should be pretty good as well.

I've just had a look, 3 seasons since the the formation of Div 3 in 58, the last being 74/75, the other two being very early 60's.

Of course, Norwich were long time regulars of Div 3 (South)...when we used to give them some right pastings.
Spencer_White

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 11:00:13 »

Looking at Rovers team, theyve had the same players for quite a few years now.

I think there is a danger of them going a bit stale? Like we have done this season with Sturrock's old faces.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 07:05:14 »

genestealers were too fucking gay.

you're an idiot

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
Danjackson10

« Reply #27 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 07:09:11 »

league one next season is starting to look like a retro premier league
Southampton
Norwich/Barnsley/Forest
Charlton
maybe Leeds
Oldham
Swindon Smiley
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 07:12:11 »

can we petition the FA to get QPR and coventry relegated so we can get some points?

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 10:08:24 »

league one next season is starting to look like a retro premier league
Southampton
Norwich/Barnsley/Forest
Charlton
maybe Leeds
Oldham
Swindon Smiley

I'm glad you didn't say MK Dongs.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up