Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford Mail  (Read 24879 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 14:02:29 »

Well at least we've got 4 stands !!!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 14:15:38 »

Picture 9 of 28 is a cracker

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/pictures/oxfordshire_galleries/oxfordunited260409/view/86961.Come_on_you_yellows_/

I love the blokes peering over the fence!
Spencer_White

« Reply #122 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 14:28:13 »

The Oxford Mail has all news of the pitch invasion in the 'news' section rather than the Oxford United section.

Its something that media have done for a while, putting any reports of trouble in the front rather than the back, thus distancing it from the football. However, when the fans actually invade the pitch and kick the opposition players I cant see how they can justify not putting it on the backpages!!!
« Last Edit: Monday, April 27, 2009, 20:38:52 by Spencer_White » Logged
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 15:37:32 »

I've been reading this thread, just not replying!

With the end of the season they had you can't really blame them. I think they'll go up next year.

In previous seasons we've always hoped to challenge just because our budget is much bigger than the other sides down here. Wilder knows his stuff and has completely turned round his inherited squad. Given the summer and his own faces, we should be alright

the Manor was a crap hole with a modest capacity.

The Manor was a beautiful ground! I still miss it.

Oxford Fan,

Did you go to the game today?

If so, what happened?

Do you mean the aggro and 'streakers'? At 0-1 a man ran onto the pitch in pants and a vest. None of the stewards seemed to know what to do, so he legged it down to the fence end and scaled it. Nice work and quite amusing at the time.

Then a raah idiot from down in front of where I was sitting took his vest off and tried to do the same. He ran the length of the pitch but the stewards took him down with a couple of attempts and he was unable to escape.

This is all in the space of a couple of minutes. Other fans were understandably getting a bit pissed off with the delays. Next a skinny bloke goes for it. Lots of booing. Ran around the middle of the pitch as the stewards had blocked the fence off. Billy Turley decided he'd had enough, shouts and him to get off the pitch. He didn't, so Turley flattened him and starts to drag him off the pitch. Stewards take over and remove him.

Then we took our free-kick, and scored. 1-1. About 100 of our fans go on the pitch, one grabbing the corner flag. Preece called his Northwich players off the pitch. Match delayed for five minutes.

Understandably alot of our fans were annoyed at the ones who went on the pitch. Things started to get a bit messy in the Oxford Mail stand, people squaring up and a couple of fights. 'Are you Swindon in disguise?' being sung at the invaders - which they didn't like too much.

I think the crowds would be better now.

Basically Im saying that a lot of Oxford fans were either too scared to come last time, or didnt think it worth the hassle.

Definitely would be better crowds. When I started going to the Manor regularly around 2000, the general opinion was that Swindon away was not a trip you made. Just wait for the home match.

Now I think we'd look at bringing a decent couple of thousand at least.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 16:27:50 »

Playoffs next year then OF?

The bigger clubs are a shoe in, so Luton and Chester should be OK.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 17:29:28 »

and dont forget wimbledon, wrexham and mansfield, youre not really a big fish down there anymore are you?
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 17:32:39 »

Just a sign of the quality of teams down here and how tough it is, its getting better all the time as the bigger teams are coming down and staying down.

If we can replicate anything near our form in the last half of this season we'll be right up there though
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 17:58:11 »

I've been reading this thread, just not replying!

At 0-1 a man ran onto the pitch in pants and a vest.

Then a raah idiot from down in front of where I was sitting took his vest off and tried to do the same. He ran the length of the pitch but the stewards took him down with a couple of attempts and he was unable to escape.

Are Vests the vogue in Oxford?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #128 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 18:01:42 »

I think with the amount of decentish teams within the Conference, a division I genuinely enjoy watching, in mind - it makes Chris Wilder's "poxy league" comments a tad uncalled for (not winning any favours there either).

Oxford were in the leagues with Luton, (either) Torquay or Cambridge, Wrexham, Mansfield, Rushden, Kidderminster... It's a strong league considering it's not FL.

Like League One - next season we could have Leeds, Norwich, Southampton and Charlton to play - yet many of us will call it a poxy division!
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 18:04:32 »

I wont, our division next year looks fucking great fun with loads of tasty away days.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 18:07:12 »

Rich,

Are you going to the Newcastle game tonight?  Football
Rich Pullen

« Reply #131 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 18:09:35 »

N'ah - I thought about it... Only a 3 minute bus journey away.

I might go to the Middlesbrough match though.
Spencer_White

« Reply #132 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 20:43:28 »

I wont, our division next year looks fucking great fun with loads of tasty away days.

Norwich 2-0 down tonight.

Looks a quality league next season!

Well happy to be staying up.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 20:58:34 »

I cant bloody wait already, I'm going to try and do all of our away games,as after a fair few years of sporadic attendance i've got the bug back. a lot of it is to do with the forums (here and MOS) as it's always good fun meeting up and sinking a few.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 21:05:56 »

Brentford away is the one I'll look for first. Then Charlton and Southampton. Then the rest.

Don't now why, always liked Brentford away.
-------------------------------
I might go to the Middlesbrough match though.

0-0 tonight then. Going to be a good one that.  But suddenly I can see Sunderland and/or Hull going and Newcastle scraping through. Nothing suggests this'll happen, but I bet it does.
--------------------------
I cant bloody wait already, I'm going to try and do all of our away games,as after a fair few years of sporadic attendance i've got the bug back. a lot of it is to do with the forums (here and MOS) as it's always good fun meeting up and sinking a few.

KR's views won't be the same if you he goes to the games.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 27, 2009, 21:08:09 by Batch » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: