Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Bristol Rovers Matchday Thread.  (Read 14831 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 07:59:54 »

It's supposed to be a sunny 13ºC all day.
GasAttacK

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 08:00:41 »

I don't really understand how you can want us to stay up, if the roles were reversed I'd love the opportunity to relegate your lot, I think it might be a highlight of the season.

To be honest I never really look at Swindon as a real derby. It's just a nice local away game where I don't have to spend half the day on the road.

These days any ground within 100 miles seems to be considered a derby. Whether it's Swindon, Cheltenham, Cardiff, Yeovil, Exeter or even Plymouth the press seem to build it up as a derby game.

For me the only real derby is Bristol City and the wins we've had over them are certainly highlights of my time supporting Rovers.

I guess as you are the only team in Swindon it's slightly different for you so I can understand why you'd take pleasure in sending us down.

Just as a matter of interest who do you consider your main rivals? Oxford?
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 08:02:14 »

Very much Oxford.

You're right about us not really being a derby, but you are Bristol and we are Swindon so there is something there, especially after our recent encounters.

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 08:02:25 »

Oxford. No one else.

City, Cheltenham, Brighton and Gillingham could be considered slight irritants along with yourselves but I wouldn't go as far as calling them rivals.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 08:03:17 »

And judging by posts on here from some of your fellow supporters they are very much relishing the opportunity of easing us into League 2.
flammableBen

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 08:07:18 »

Urgh. Got a ticket. Drank too much last night. Savoy?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 08:09:57 »

Traditionally - yes, Oxford.  But my own view (which some others will disagree with quite strongly) is that the longer Oxford stay in the Non-League, the less relevant the 'rivalry' becomes.  There is already a fair slice of our support that is too young to remember games against them.

That said, the section of our fan base that lives west of Swindon probably cares more about games vs the two Bristol clubs.  I've never really 'hated' Rovers or City, but have always enjoyed wins against them.  And if I'm being brutally honest...narrowly avoiding having my head caved in by a pack of baseball bat wielding chavs at the Inn on the Green two years ago means I'm (hopefully) going to enjoy this win all the more today as well.
GasAttacK

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 08:10:05 »

Like you Samdy, I have a particular dislike for Gillingham. I would much rather they stayed down than you guys go down.

I also think those Rovers fans hoping to dump you into league 2 are going to be disappointed. Even if we win - which I doubt - I think Cheltenham will take something off Carlisle.

blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 08:16:30 »

I hate City, Reading more than the pox. bastards.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
GasAttacK

« Reply #24 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 08:16:50 »

And if I'm being brutally honest...narrowly avoiding having my head caved in by a pack of baseball bat wielding chavs at the Inn on the Green two years ago means I'm (hopefully) going to enjoy this win all the more today as well.

Like most clubs we have some fans we could do without and I'm sorry to hear about the incident at the Inn. I can understand you'd take particular pleasure in beating us after that.

I'm off to get ready for the game now so I guess I'll see you guys there.

Glad to hear it's meant to stay dry as getting soaked was my main concern today because we have nothing left to play for except pride. I would however like to stay dry and watch a Rovers win but that might be asking for too much; all will be revealed very soon.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 08:34:54 »

lets fucking have it.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 08:49:25 »

I am fucked.

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 09:24:53 »

i'm looking forward to the game after a few matches absence
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 09:37:42 »

JUST FUCKING WIN, PLEASE!!!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 09:39:21 »

if they aint up for it today then we deserve to go down.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: