Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This forum where did it all gone wrong?  (Read 8038 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 15:28:50 »

Cheese.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
spacey

« Reply #76 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 15:36:42 »

When you have cheese on toast, do you think it's better to use sliced cheese or grated? I'm torn on this as cheese graters are a pain in the arse to wash up, but you can cover all areas of bread with grated cheese. With sliced cheese, all you have to worry about is washing the knife, but you might find yourself with uncovered areas, leaving you with the prospect of the odd disappointing mouthful. Sometimes I get impatient waiting for cheese on toast and put the grill on too high. This means that the bread toasts before the cheese has properly melted. It's always best to grill on a lower setting so the cheese melts to a nice professional looking snack. The potential downside to this is that you could burn your mouth.
Talk Talk

« Reply #77 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 15:47:32 »

I could use the Arachnoflame 6030 to burn labour ministers and post pictures if that would help?

Sorry, that's too mild for them. Treason deserves this:

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/189300.html
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #78 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 16:33:34 »

henry viii hung his chancellor (cromwell?) we should do the same
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 16:46:43 »

There just seems to be a distinct lack of fun more than anything. Just the same old football bollocks and pauld, Lumps, Reg and Ironside droning on about political shite (I know what you'll say - don't read it - I don't, but it's still boring).

TBF I have policy of not getting over engaged in any of political stuff, OK I'll pass the odd comment about our BNP bredren, but that's it, the odd comment.

This dates back to the formation of the TEF....and I don't think it's changed, and I still regard this as a rather wonderful place...venereal warts and all.
flammableBen

« Reply #80 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 17:00:34 »

henry viii hung his chancellor (cromwell?) we should do the same

Thomas Cromwell. I think I played him in a school play. Didn't he organise the marriage between Henry and the ugly wife (Anne of Cleves?)? 'enry weren't too chuffed.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #81 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 17:07:17 »

I believe you are correct
flammableBen

« Reply #82 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 18:26:04 »

The tudors are ace.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 18:31:47 »

Especially the welsh branch of the family....
flammableBen

« Reply #84 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 18:34:02 »

Keep your fucking gay arse football shit out of it you cunt.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 18:39:24 »

So, is the forum still shit or is it good again now?

/
W56196272
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 19:14:39 »

Sadly back on topic, IMO there has been a decline in the quality of posting lately (or should that be toasting?). There just seems to be a distinct lack of fun more than anything. Just the same old football bollocks and pauld, Lumps, Reg and Ironside droning on about political shite (I know what you'll say - don't read it - I don't, but it's still boring).

I think it's because Ben seems to have been a lot less crazy lately. I mean, when was the last time he went out, got pissed and lost all his clothes? Or scratched his arsehole after chopping chillis and then came and told us all about it?

I liked the old drunken late night threads, they used to be fun. If you look back historically at the TEF most of the jovial times were started by Ben. You get the occasional ace thread started by a random TEFer, but Ben was consistent.

I miss all the crazy shit that. I suppose what I'm trying to say is; Ben pull your finger out and be a bit more 2007ish again.

We all know Ben is quality on here...but cant agree about the others Samdy...Reg,Pauld,Ironside and Lumps,for me there all top posters....Ironside gets alot of stick on here for obvious reasons...but boring he aint....not having a go Samdy but everyone is different.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 19:44:56 »

When you have cheese on toast, do you think it's better to use sliced cheese or grated? I'm torn on this as cheese graters are a pain in the arse to wash up, but you can cover all areas of bread with grated cheese. With sliced cheese, all you have to worry about is washing the knife, but you might find yourself with uncovered areas, leaving you with the prospect of the odd disappointing mouthful. Sometimes I get impatient waiting for cheese on toast and put the grill on too high. This means that the bread toasts before the cheese has properly melted. It's always best to grill on a lower setting so the cheese melts to a nice professional looking snack. The potential downside to this is that you could burn your mouth.

I think the benefit of a more spacially populated cheese to bread ratio far outway the arse that is the cheese grater clean - especially if you're running one of these bad boys in the cleaning department of your abode:  http://www.amazon.co.uk/60cm-Dishwasher-Stainless-Steel-FDD912X_SS/dp/B00180IR7E/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1240601984&sr=8-9

I admit is it highly unlikely many of you will have seen such a machine before, or ever will for that matter but trust me they're worth it for the cheese grater alone - basically one of these machines will do all the washing up for you at the touch of a button - I even here they are good for cooking salmon, which you could maybe have for lunch after you're cheese on toast breakfast.

Incidentally I'm a fan of sardines on toast, sardines are a type of fish that go well on toast - I believe this is why they were invented...
« Last Edit: Friday, April 24, 2009, 19:48:43 by Kinky Tom » Logged
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 22:06:39 »

Sussex,you need a pair of these !

http://www.gizmoandwidget.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=269

I have some and frankly they have changed my life.

6 and 3/4"? Thats above average.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 22:14:03 »

Cheese on toast has to be done in slices. The secret is to find cheese that is the same width as your bread, this way it covers the slice perfectly. I recommend Cathedral City and Mighty White as compatible partners.

I also advocate the use of tabasco in a liberal manner (calm down pauld).

Toasters are somewhat hit and miss and I personally have no trust for them. Instead i find a clipper lighter and a few ounces of patience will do a superior job.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: