Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season Ticket 2009/10  (Read 31274 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 11:24:06 »

NUS is valid until end of August.

I still need to sort mine out, I only got it to get a discount for my season ticket and haven't got one for the current year yet!
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 11:28:37 »

I still need to sort mine out, I only got it to get a discount for my season ticket and haven't got one for the current year yet!
You can use your student card, mate. Well i'm guessing your student card will still be valid? I used mine to get this seasons ST, as i didn't bother gettin an NUS card...

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 11:34:27 »

I don't have another student card as I'm not at college or uni anymore - I work full time and study on top for professional exams. My institution is affiliated with the NUS though so I can legitimately get a card through through them. Just a case of sending off the form and proof of student membership with the ICAEW and then waiting to get the card back. I better try and sort it out this week or I'll run out of time!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 12:12:43 »

Cheap skate.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 12:30:04 »

Cheap skate.

Setting up a fishmonger's establishment IOB ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
nevillew

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 12:30:46 »

Or was that post a red herring ?

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 13:17:58 »

just got mine renewed, nice and swift.  They've pushed out 1000 ish in the past 2 days and reckon they are over 2000 in total today, which is good news.  They seem quite confident of getting close to 3000 by the end of the week.  Given the next deadline still offers decent priced options then I think they won't drop as many season ticket holders as we may have feared, which probably suggest the pricing and deals were ok.  I suppose Saturdays result helped.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 14:16:45 »

Happy Baby Mr and Mrs Rob - you had an ickle boy didnt you?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 14:18:55 »

I still don't know why they had to fuck about with the prices and payment options. If they had left it alone I reckon they'd of got the same or possibly more for next season, keeping fans and gradually building the numbers in the long term is far more important than making a few extra quid.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 14:22:35 »

I still don't know why they had to fuck about with the prices and payment options
They had to "fuck about" with the payment options because last season loads of people decided that the 2nd installment was not in fact a second installment but some kind of optional renewal clause they could choose to exercise or not depending on their view of the team/manager/price of hot dogs, leaving the club with the choice of either taking a massive hit on the budget or suing their own fans.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 14:44:19 »

Happy Baby Mr and Mrs Rob - you had an ickle boy didnt you?

yes, born on Sunday morning.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 14:47:19 »

Congrats!

/
W56196272
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 15:05:42 »

They had to "fuck about" with the payment options because last season loads of people decided that the 2nd installment was not in fact a second installment but some kind of optional renewal clause they could choose to exercise or not depending on their view of the team/manager/price of hot dogs, leaving the club with the choice of either taking a massive hit on the budget or suing their own fans.

I'm not convinced they lost that much money and you could argue they didn't lose anything, people who didn't pay didn't get the tickets and the payment was loaded on the first half. Unless they get at least 4,500 season tickets next season, they'll have actually lost money with by fucking about.

Besides that isn't the only thing they changed. To get the best price you have to pay a lot earlier (we're talking months) and you have to pay in full, which a lot of people can't do. They could have offered full season tickets for the same price up until the season starts and half season tickets at a slightly higher price. Problem solved.

If I bought my season ticket for next season on the same day my price would have gone up from £269 to £399, which is completely taking the piss. As it happens I've renewed it already so its only gone up £10 but that's not the point. We should be looking to build the season ticket base and this is a step backwards.
nevillew

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 15:16:41 »

I'm not convinced they lost that much money and you could argue they didn't lose anything, people who didn't pay didn't get the tickets and the payment was loaded on the first half. Unless they get at least 4,500 season tickets next season, they'll have actually lost money with by fucking about.

Besides that isn't the only thing they changed. To get the best price you have to pay a lot earlier (we're talking months) and you have to pay in full, which a lot of people can't do. They could have offered full season tickets for the same price up until the season starts and half season tickets at a slightly higher price. Problem solved.

If I bought my season ticket for next season on the same day my price would have gone up from £269 to £399, which is completely taking the piss. As it happens I've renewed it already so its only gone up £10 but that's not the point. We should be looking to build the season ticket base and this is a step backwards.

Does anyone know how many people didn't pay their second instalment ?

People who didn't pay, didn't get the tickets, no, and the club didn't get the revenue that they'd budgeted for on the back of the ticket sales did they ?

You could get a payment option this year which would be £30 more expensive than the cheapest option, ie the same as buying it before the end of May rather than April, and have 10 regular payments (I think it was 10)

You clearly didn't buy your season ticket until late on last year. There's been a cheaper 'early bird' price for a number of years

Given the season we've just had, it's always going to be a tough task to increase season ticket numbers. Let's not forget we were given significant incentives to reach the 6000 number which didn't happen, so collectively we can't really expect the same generosity.

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 15:19:40 »

You clearly didn't buy your season ticket until late on last year. There's been a cheaper 'early bird' price for a number of years.

When did the 6,000 / £269 offer end last year? I thought it was pretty close to the start of the season.

Was there a cheaper option than that for people renewing?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: