Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Anti Biotics plus beer equals what?  (Read 11258 times)
Onion_Jimbo

Ignore
« on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 22:28:39 »

I'm on anti fucking biotics to clear up ye olde super aids. What happens if I drink? Will it ruin the drug or will I die?

Rigobert Song La la la
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 22:30:26 »

A bit of both, I'd imagine.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 22:30:43 »

Depends what anti-biotic it is. If it's amoxicillin then you're fine, but anything else I'd check first.
Onion_Jimbo

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 22:31:38 »

Its flucloxacillin

Rigobert Song La la la
flammableBen

« Reply #4 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 22:32:06 »

I'm on anti fucking biotics to clear up ye olde super aids. What happens if I drink? Will it ruin the drug or will I die?

When I was in halls in my first year at uni everybody had to take some mad antibiotics to stop some meningitus outbreak. We were basilally told that we'd just get drunk more easily but I think it depends on the type or sommin. Anyway I got round all that by getting properly pissed and then taking the pill. Slept for quite a while after that.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 22:34:08 »

Should be fine. Usually it says on the label if you're not supposed to drink whilst taking something.
Onion_Jimbo

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 22:34:46 »

Whats all this "should"

I WANT ANSWERS BOOTS BOY

Rigobert Song La la la
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 22:36:20 »

Well, netdoctor.co.uk doesn't mention anything about alcohol for flucloxacillin whereas it does say not to drink whilst taking ciprofloxacin, so logic dictates that it should be alright. In other words, exercise caution though it should be perfectly fine.
Onion_Jimbo

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 22:36:38 »

Reason I'm worried is I almost fell over at work. I felt like I was floating round the room and couldnt concentrate. It was like Id had a few pints at lunch time.

Rigobert Song La la la
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 22:40:08 »

Did you have a few pints at lunchtime?

It's not a side-affect listed but don't stop taking them, if you're worried then go to the pharmacy you had the prescription dispensed at and talk to the pharmacist.

flucloxaxillin if you're interested
Onion_Jimbo

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 22:45:26 »

no i had no beer. I popped my first pill at 10 am then at  10:30ish I was serving some fatty and I just couldnt concentrate and felt all weird. I had to hide in the back office for the next half hour whilst someone got me a sandwich. The same thing happened when I popped the second at 2

Rigobert Song La la la
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 22:49:25 »

To be honest, in that case I'd say you really should go and talk to a pharmacist/the doctor who prescribed them. I don't know anywhere near enough to tell you what to do next other than what I've just said Smiley
Onion_Jimbo

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 22:51:51 »

I think Ill just keep off the booze till Im used to the drugs.  Now I'm a 20 something yuppy I need to take care of my beautifull bod.

Cheers for the advice though

Rigobert Song La la la
Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 23:05:52 »

Quote from: "Onion_Jimbo"
I think Ill just keep off the booze till Im used to the drugs.  Now I'm a 20 something yuppy I need to take care of my beautifull bod.

Smoke weed instead  Cool

Jimbo you'll be fine you poof, just need to drink some more....  Anti-biotics, depending on the type, normally just weaken the body's resistance so you get pissed quicker.

Disclaimer: If you die because of reading this it wasn't my fault.
Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 23:09:01 »

Quote from: "Onion_Jimbo"

Smoke weed instead  Cool

Jimbo you'll be fine you poof, just need to drink some more....  Anti-biotics, depending on the type, normally just weaken the body's resistance so you get pissed quicker.

Disclaimer: If you die because of reading this it wasn't my fault.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: