Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle United vs. Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 35173 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 17:10:53 »

cool. i forgot about the game today and went fishing in Øyeren instead.

we'll stay up, i'm confident of it  Cool

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 17:14:16 »

how was the fishing?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 17:19:00 »

We wont know much about Saturday till after the games Tuesday

Brighton Vs Bristol Rovers
Northampton Vs Scunthorpe
Yeovil Vs Hereford

If Rovers win Brighton will be 4 points behind us with 6 left to play for
If Scunthorpe win Northampton will be 4 points behind us with 9 left to play for
If Hereford win (as if) Yeovil would be on the same points as us with the same games

That would leave - going into saturday Brightons maximum points as 51, Northamptons as 54, Crewes as 52, Carlisle as 52 and Yeovil as 55.

If we then win against Rovers we'll have 52 which means

Cheltenham, Hereford & Brighton couldnt catch us.

Crewe(-19) & Carlisle(-15) could only over take us (-3 minimum if we beat Rovers by one goal) on goal difference.

Then of course if they didnt win their games against Stockport and Cheltenham respectivly then we'd be safe.

Of course, this is all going on us beating Rovers (not very likely) it worries me that Stockport and Chelteham are pretty easy fixtures and I can easily see Crewe & Carlisle both winning.

Which would leave all 3 on the same points with 1 game to play. We have Peterborough, Crewe have Leicester and Carlisle have Millwall - 3 of the top 4!!!

So, basically it isnt even close to being decided
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 17:22:33 »

well...it's a game closer

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #274 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 17:38:07 »

Phew.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 17:46:58 »

how was the fishing?
all i caught was a spinner(?!) and a vest.

so not good...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 18:19:23 »

Poo. Although at the time I celebrated Tudur Jones' equaliser like some kind of possessed dervish, I really really didn't want to be going into these last two games needing anything. Squeaky bum time? I've got the 1812 overture coming out of mine
Rich Pullen

« Reply #277 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 18:38:03 »

It'll add a little extra next Saturday that's for sure.

Doesn't look like Peterborough's fate will be settled before our fixture either. EEK.

Owain Tudur Pole's goal could prove quite crucial.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 18:46:50 »

I'd put our chances at staying up at about 70%...about the same as before today's games.  That said, I'd rather have a 70% chance of staying up with two games to go than a 70% chance of staying up with three games to go.  So to that extent, it's been a reasonably good day's work.
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 19:13:23 »

Our chances have improved slightly today as a result of Tudur-Jones goal and Crewe getting beaten at home. If we'd lost our chances would have got slightly worse.

If we win on Saturday, we're safe. There is no way Crewe or Carlisle are going to make up 11+ goal difference in two games.

Even a draw against Rovers would leave Crewe and Carlisle needing to win both their remaining games to overhaul us, and Brighton would be in the same boat if they lose on Tuesday.

Its easy to look at fixtures and predict that teams will win against Hereford/Stockport/whoever, but we'd have expected Crewe to beat Cheltenham today and that didnt happen.

The way we got our draw today is significant too. That late goal was a crippling blow to Carlisle. If we'd been in front for most of the game and they'd equalised at the death it would be quite different, even though the points would be the same.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 19:20:16 »

Completely agree about how the late goal will have affected Carlisle.  That was a massive (proverbial) kick in the bollocks for them.  I hope it stuns them all the way to League 2.
dell boy

« Reply #281 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 19:21:11 »

Rovers next week, what a massive game, we should have a full house!!

Lets hope Peterboro win next week and are in party mood when we go their on the final game.

We need two points really to be safe, three against Rovers would be mega ...

If you are a Swindon fan you MUST be at the County Ground 12 o'clock next Saturday, lets have 'um
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 19:23:02 »

Having looked around for some Carlisle fans reaction, they are of course doing the same type of calculations, but dont even mention us in the scenario any more.

Their rivals site is even quieter than the Trust forum is these days, but it has a very apt title which made me chuckle.

http://carlisleunited.rivals.net/forum/pgeThreads.aspx?boardId=105&clubId=20
dell boy

« Reply #283 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 19:26:41 »

If my memory is still functioning, didnt they do the same against us at The County Ground, 90th minute equaliser?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 19:30:51 »

Rovers next week, what a massive game, we should have a full house!!

Lets hope Peterboro win next week and are in party mood when we go their on the final game.

We need two points really to be safe, three against Rovers would be mega ...

If you are a Swindon fan you MUST be at the County Ground 12 o'clock next Saturday, lets have 'um

Please, Sir, can I go to the pub?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: