Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: philippe cuervo - "man of the people"  (Read 9605 times)
le god cuervo

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 10:54:40 »

just been reading on the thisis site & was surprised to see this on one of the old threads...

"Wow ! I'm impressed by the accolades you give to Philippe. I'm the webmaster of www.allezredstar.com and I'd like to say that the addition of Philippe Cuervo to the Red Star FC 93 squad has been an enormous boost to our team. He has contributed more than his talent to the team - when he returned to play for us this season, he had a hand in turning things around. Last season when he was finally fully fit & ready to play, I think that with him in the first team I think we only lost three games, despite a very poor start to the season. He missed the start of this season, and we we rather ordinary - eventually we were eight points behind the then leaders. With Philippe, we stormed up the table, losing only two games prior to winning promotion.

"For a club that two years ago went bust, and had to start from scratch with a very young and inexperienced squad in a tough division, that is no mean feat.

"Philippes' contribution to motivating our young and talented but inexperienced players has been unquantifiable. A brilliant personality, easy to talk to, revered by the supporters at Stade Bauer, Cuervo will be one name etched into the history of the new Red Star FC 93.

"There's loads of pictures on the www.allezredstar.com site of him, and he even very graciously agreed to an interview in English for the site - http://www.allezredstar.com/video/pcuervoenglish.wma

"Philippe has said that this will be his last season as a player, but such is his attachment to the club that there is talk of him supervising the training of Red Stars' youngsters. I hope that his does stay a part of the club - for me there will always be a place at Red Star.

"Super Phil - a man of the people, top bloke and a true hero."

thought that was quite nice to hear feedback from other fans!  Smiley

shame we dont hear anything like this about fjortoft or nijholt etc

link - http://www.thisisstfc.co.uk/forum_new/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19790
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 11:02:19 »

Cuervo was as good a player to wear a Swindon shirt as anyone I've seen. I'm glad he's still managed to have a relatively successful career, but he had the talent to be a class act in the Premiership.
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 11:23:59 »

fuckin hell this red star 93 club are more fucked up than swindon! currently playing in level 6 of french football league after a massive fall from grace involving administration & dodgey directors!

http://www.allezredstar.com/en_hist.htm
http://www.allezredstar.com/en_info.htm

no wonder they love cuervo he must piss over that league!
Piemonte

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 11:28:33 »

Cuervo was the nuts when he first joined us.

Ohh phillipe cuervos Magic,  he wears a magic hat.......
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 11:35:50 »

He must have scared the shit out of the opposition in his first couple of months with us.

Chris Hay scoring for fun Cuervo taking the piss down the right.

If we'd have had better luck with injuries that year, ie. niether of these two getting injured, and if we'd kept The Chief then we'd have been in with a chance that season.

As it was we went on a 19(?) game streak without a win, basically as soon as Allison left.  Crying
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 11:40:06 »

I saw that as well and had a look at the link on to their website.  It looks like they play at about Hellenic League level.  Ironic when you think that their original Chairman was Jules Rimet, as in the 'Jules Rimet Trophy'.

Cuervo was indeed shit hot for an all too short spell.  I remember a 0-0 draw against Forest early season when the crowd was about 13/14 thousand and he was fantastic.  I reckon he must have broken his leg not long after that.
Dazzza

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 11:44:29 »

Classic stuff, an excellent read.

How old is he now then, must be knocking into the 30's?

Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 11:48:41 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
I saw that as well and had a look at the link on to their website.  It looks like they play at about Hellenic League level.  Ironic when you think that their original Chairman was Jules Rimet, as in the 'Jules Rimet Trophy'.

Cuervo was indeed shit hot for an all too short spell.  I remember a 0-0 draw against Forest early season when the crowd was about 13/14 thousand and he was fantastic.  I reckon he must have broken his leg not long after that.

Was that the game in which Craig Davies (?)(ginger centre half) completely marked Ian Wright out of the game?

EDIT - Sorry just remembered its Gareth, not Craig.  My bad.
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 11:51:10 »

Did Cuervo get involved in a goal celebration with either Mark Walters or Ty Gooden on the Arkells stand side of the pitch which looked suspiciously like some gay love action?

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 11:53:12 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"

Was that the game in which Craig Davies (?)(ginger centre half) completely marked Ian Wright out of the game?

EDIT - Sorry just remembered its Gareth, not Craig.  My bad.

It was Gareth Davies - another very promising career blighted by injury.  I think the game when Ian Wright (and David Platt I think) played for Forest was a couple of seasons later.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 11:56:43 »

Quote from: "BrightonRed"
Did Cuervo get involved in a goal celebration with either Mark Walters or Ty Gooden on the Arkells stand side of the pitch which looked suspiciously like some gay love action?

I don't remember that, but he was getting quite involved with one of their players who happened to be French, before the game.  But then, French men are all a bit bent aren't they?
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 11:59:27 »

I quite liked Gareth Davies too, very aggresive in his play, and was more deffensivly sound than any other centre-half we've had in the last ten years (apart from OST, who left nearly ten years ago).  He also knew his limitations aswell though, so rarely got caught out, unlike, say, Gurney.
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 12:01:41 »

Quote from: "BrightonRed"

I don't remember that, but he was getting quite involved with one of their players who happened to be French, before the game.  But then, French men are all a bit bent aren't they?

I hope to God it wasn't a dream  :shock:

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 12:31:39 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"
I quite liked Gareth Davies too, very aggresive in his play, and was more deffensivly sound than any other centre-half we've had in the last ten years (apart from OST, who left nearly ten years ago).  He also knew his limitations aswell though, so rarely got caught out, unlike, say, Gurney.

Davies was alright, nothing special

Where as Culverhouse and Burrows were both brilliant sweepers
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 12:32:35 »

i always like phillipe cuervo but always bloody injured!!  :x
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: