Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yeovil vs. Swindon Match Day Thingy.  (Read 28624 times)
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 09:38:57 »

Looking forward to this. We'd better win. Arrow @ 1315 is my plan.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 10:03:05 »

After Northampton Tuesday I have been looking forward to this all week.

Its another big big game, a win today will go a long way to confirming survival.

Should be a large away following and a good atmosphere, has all the makings of a great away day.
Spencer_White

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 10:11:34 »

Come on Swindon, put them away!

Getting ahead of myself, I think that if we can continue to hammer out wins it sets things up beautifully for next season. Last time we had a really strong finnish to a season was 2002-03, and look what happened after that?

Im sick and at home, but COME ON YOU REDS! (We'd better not be wearing our away kit!).

Townenda, are you heading back to the TE next season?
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 10:23:28 »

Come on Swindon, put them away!

Getting ahead of myself, I think that if we can continue to hammer out wins it sets things up beautifully for next season. Last time we had a really strong finnish to a season was 2002-03, and look what happened after that?

Im sick and at home, but COME ON YOU REDS! (We'd better not be wearing our away kit!).

Townenda, are you heading back to the TE next season?

Not sure yet, I do miss singing all game and the atmosphere from a few years back was great so if it could ever return to that it would be appealing.

Will make a decision on my April pay day on which stand, are you boys heading back Spencer?
swindon_chick

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 10:25:20 »

C'mon on the town.. Hopefully i'll be back on ere a little later (I'm currently stealing somebody's internet connection so hopefully it'll still be working later)
Spencer_White

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 10:38:54 »

Not sure yet, I do miss singing all game and the atmosphere from a few years back was great so if it could ever return to that it would be appealing.

Will make a decision on my April pay day on which stand, are you boys heading back Spencer?

Yes mate, we are all going back. Ive sneaked in there with my DRS season ticket a few times, and its nice and empty again, so hopefully plenty of room at 2.58pm at the first stairwell.

This season has been the most dissapointing I can ever remmember in terms of away supporters on the bank, which is when you get the real fun of being in the south stand. Just Leeds, Leicester (half full!!?) and surely Rovers on the bank in the league, which is a pitiful turnout. It seems to be the way things are going, so in my view the south stand isnt really worth the half time beer anymore. Plus the side stands are going up to £22 matchday, which wont be popular.

And to be fair, Ive been quite impressed with the TE these last few months, much better support.
Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 11:14:00 »

After Northampton Tuesday I have been looking forward to this all week.

Its another big big game, a win today will go a long way to confirming survival.

Should be a large away following and a good atmosphere, has all the makings of a great away day.

From what I remember it was almost impossible to create much of an atmosphere on that open terrace
Spencer_White

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 11:23:13 »

On an open terrace you think you are quiet, but actually the other team can usually hear you loud and clear.

Bournemouth last season I went in the home end, and you could hear it clear as day from the Swindon fans in the open end. You just have to be persistent.

Classic open end away day - last game v Oxford at the Manor? Problem that day was that everyone was singing different songs all the time. Classic game. Still awaiting that to be uplifted to youtube.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 12:47:18 »

is it too much to dream of four wins in a row?
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 12:51:59 »

is it too much to dream of four wins in a row?

Yeovil managed 4 in a row, if they can we can!
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 13:04:02 »

i am confident of 4 wins in 4 today. Setting of in about an hour. 2-0 Swindon. Shame that David Noble is playing Yeovil

Noble might take a game or two to get going.  This is the best time to play them before the team gets settled.  Skiverton may be out.

After the win at Northampton, a point will be acceptable.  It keeps the distance as it was at kick-off.
santasdead

« Reply #26 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 13:30:25 »

A win today takes us 8 points clear of the bottom. If brighton fail to beat tranmere then i think the only team to be a threat is yeovil. i can't see them making the 8pt gap with the games remaining, so a win today will keep us up. a draw will be satisfactory, and a loss will see us going back in time two weeks to the times where going down was the only thing people could think of.

that being said,im optimistic.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 13:41:08 »

A draw would be a superb result today, for the reasons others have given.  A few weeks ago I was saying only wins would do...but having now put a few together, we can afford a few draws in games like these.

That said, a win would be special today.  It would start me thinking in terms of probably staying up (rather than hopefully staying up.)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 13:42:20 »

PS  And who the f**k are Yeovil, anyway?  We've been spending too long in the lower leagues of late.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 14:05:44 »

A win today takes us 8 points clear of the bottom. If brighton fail to beat tranmere then i think the only team to be a threat is yeovil. i can't see them making the 8pt gap with the games remaining, so a win today will keep us up. a draw will be satisfactory, and a loss will see us going back in time two weeks to the times where going down was the only thing people could think of.

that being said,im optimistic.

Yeovil have Northampton on Tuesday at home.  With today, Yeovil have two games to save their season.  They should be nervous.   

Pook on the bench.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: