Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Finally...a man who stands up and says what a lot of people really think  (Read 28393 times)
cib

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 16:41:03 »

Yes, until all of those collapsed for pretty much the same reason.

Fantastic, let's do it all over again.  Cheesy

Maybe they were the wrong examples to use, but society could equally collapse for the reasons they did if there wasn't a government. I get the feeling you'd never be convinced otherwise though  Grin
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 16:44:33 »

Can anyone find Brown's rebuttals to the two speeches on the first page?

The 'market' doesn't fuck anything up, it's the regulation imposed upon it that distorts and perverts. In UK plc's case that is McBust's Financial Service Authority (FSA).

Surely the implosion of the private finance sector is proof that the market most certainly does fuck up? Big style. And lack of regulation allowed them to do so

Farage was on Question Time a month or so back and came accross badly. At least in the video posted here he pinpoints specific decision-making errors by Brown, and makes objective assessments of his downfalls. Hannan is more sensationalist, vague and sweeping, but his point about extrapolation of debt during the boom is spot on.

I can't believe some people are still defending Labour.
totally agree. They've failed and need to fuck off asap

What's the alternative? Do you fancy giving the blues another shot? I'd rather stick.
flammableBen

« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 16:47:27 »

Yes, until all of those collapsed for pretty much the same reason.

Fantastic, let's do it all over again.  Cheesy

Well yes, why not. Despite eventually collapsing they still managed several hundred years each of varying degrees of success.

Everything ends eventually, doesn't mean you don't bother to start off with.
Talk Talk

« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 17:00:08 »

Maybe they were the wrong examples to use, but society could equally collapse for the reasons they did if there wasn't a government. I get the feeling you'd never be convinced otherwise though  Grin

Nope!  Cheesy

I think there is an opportunity for a stateless society that could exist permanently for the benefit of all, in freedom, wealth and stability.

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 17:07:11 »

who would decide on every subject which effects the nation under your idea?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 17:21:27 »

And what about national defense, police, healthcare etc?
Talk Talk

« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 17:32:59 »

who would decide on every subject which effects the nation under your idea?

And what about national defense, police, healthcare etc?

There's no point in me writing pages and pages on this when someone else has done it much more eloquently. If you have a few minutes, have a read of the following:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig6/molyneux1.html

A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 17:49:37 »

So all that happens is that every citizen throughout their entire life needs to be a full active, engaged and highly intelligent individual capable of using these new non-state courts or DROs every day to ensure that their rights are protected at all times?
Talk Talk

« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 17:54:03 »

So all that happens is that every citizen throughout their entire life needs to be a full active, engaged and highly intelligent individual capable of using these new non-state courts or DROs every day to ensure that their rights are protected at all times?

Where does it say any of that? It doesn't.

And why is the current membership of (e.g.) trade unions any different? You don't need to be Einstein or read their monthly meeting minutes to be a member and benefit from it.

DROs would be optional like everything else, but you wouldn't get very far in life without subscribing to one.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 17:54:42 »

TalkTalk, have you ever met any actual people? Wink
Talk Talk

« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 17:55:36 »

TalkTalk, have you ever met any actual people? Wink

No, not really. I'm completely virtual  Grin
Lumps

« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 18:37:54 »

I would agree with Hannan myself.

The 'market' doesn't fuck anything up, it's the regulation imposed upon it that distorts and perverts. In UK plc's case that is McBust's Financial Service Authority (FSA).

That is possibly the single most laughable post I've ever seen on this site. Absolutely clueless......
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 18:38:58 »

What's the alternative? Do you fancy giving the blues another shot? I'd rather stick.

Most people know where my vote is going for the time being. Some say they'd be a disaster.  I say they certainly couldn't do any worse than the current mob, or the ones before that.  They may even make some changes that will improve many things.

TT seem's to think that getting rid of govenment compeletely would be a solution and have them replaced by "private concerns"  That thought scares the shit out of me completely.  Who regulates and controls these "private concerns"?  At least with democracy we can vote them out...eventually.  With "private concerns" running the show, or as prefer to call it "Corporate Government" we would all be well and truly fucked to the eyeballs with no way out whatsoever.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 18:39:56 »

That is possibly the single most laughable post I've ever seen on this site. Absolutely clueless......

Here comes another fucking Righteous rant from the resident goon....

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Lumps

« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 18:42:22 »

I disagree. I don't think we have had ever had unfettered, unregulated capitalism in recent history. Certainly not since governments set up central banks and began to control the money supply, generally in the early years of the last century and have piled on more and more regulations ever since.

The truly free market hasn't had a chance since the pioneers who populated the mid-West of America last century and were surprisingly successful without regulation or a state.

I guess if you can live with the murder, theft general lawlessness, and that ugly genocide thing you'd count that as successful yes......
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: