Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Northampton Matchday Thread.  (Read 48517 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 22:36:48 »

Thats harsh, certainly the first one was right in the corner - no one was getting that.

Third looked decent on the highlights, god knows how their man got so much time and space in our box!!

Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 22:55:07 »

Smiffy did OK, great save from Akinfuckinpushya in the first half in particular. In fact great performance all round (even Jack Smith who started off very shaky) especially BP and Coxy (and I've slated BP in the past) who look very potent with our improved midfield now looking for ball into their feet as well as long ball.

Only critical thing for me all game was where the ref got 4 mins injury time in the second half Huh??? and then played an extra minute !
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: Thursday, March 26, 2009, 07:49:39 »

Thats harsh, certainly the first one was right in the corner - no one was getting that.

Third looked decent on the highlights, god knows how their man got so much time and space in our box!!

I thought he could have done better with the first at the time, seemed to just bobble passed him, but on the highlights is does look like the fat man struck it a bit better than I had first thought.  The free kick was a poor one to let in, the camera angle makes it look good, as do the commentator's comments, but that really was quite central.  Agree about the third good finish that.

Love BP's goal though, didn't think he had it in him!!  Never offside, nor was it a free kick when he took the ball from their full back for Cox's hat trick as some cobblers have stated. 

As for their disallowed goal, well you can see the fat man in there by Smith, making no effort to get to the ball, just being a nuisance, so I can understand why the ref blew.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #558 on: Thursday, March 26, 2009, 08:16:40 »

Billy Paynter's best goal in a town shirt I'd say. Absolute class.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #559 on: Thursday, March 26, 2009, 08:33:46 »

Agreed  Yes
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: Thursday, March 26, 2009, 08:33:54 »

billy payners best performance in a town shirt!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
santasdead

« Reply #561 on: Thursday, March 26, 2009, 10:44:56 »

Trust me to goaland spoil cox's hat-trick,but i've just seen the highlights and it seems to me that the first of cox's was an OG,cant see how it was goin towards goal off cox's head.

His secind and paynters were class, i recon paynters was the better of the two,they way he did that defender was pure quality.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: Thursday, March 26, 2009, 11:37:23 »

http://www.football.virginmedia.com/page/Football/League1/VideoIndex/0,,12555,00.html

If not posted already.....i cant be bothered to go back through the thread.....

Clems Army!
REDBUCK

« Reply #563 on: Thursday, March 26, 2009, 11:59:04 »

Not sure that the free kick didn't take a little nick off the wall which change the flight slightly

Coxy's first defnitely goes in off the defender. A change of luck a last, two games in a row.
REDBUCK

« Reply #564 on: Thursday, March 26, 2009, 12:02:06 »

And if you pause the action Paynter is in his own half when the ball is flicked on
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: Thursday, March 26, 2009, 17:08:21 »

Billy Paynter's best goal in a town shirt I'd say. Absolute class.

Walsall was better for me.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: Thursday, March 26, 2009, 17:39:14 »

Agreed. No way does it beat the Walsall strike!
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: Thursday, March 26, 2009, 17:44:49 »

Different types of goals to be fair - I think Billy is more capable of goals like the Walsall one, as we've seen before he's not afraid to have a pop from distance. I think the northampton one asked a lot more from him - the way he committed the defender was brilliant, as was his finish. Also required a turn of pace you'd not expect from him.

That said, both fucking ace goals.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: Thursday, March 26, 2009, 17:48:41 »

Different types of goals to be fair - I think Billy is more capable of goals like the Walsall one, as we've seen before he's not afraid to have a pop from distance. I think the northampton one asked a lot more from him - the way he committed the defender was brilliant, as was his finish. Also required a turn of pace you'd not expect from him.

That said, both fucking ace goals.

Great finish but think he was a bit lucky with the defender, looked like he stumbled a bit.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #569 on: Thursday, March 26, 2009, 18:12:30 »

Billy made him stumble with his mad skillzzzz innnnit.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: