Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Northampton Matchday Thread.  (Read 48515 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 18:35:06 »

tee hee deano's on the OS pictures

So am I, although somewhat out of focus
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 18:46:12 »

And Bart as well Eek
Cobblers

« Reply #542 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 18:54:10 »

I have to say credit is due when credit is due. I thought you lot were very good last night and did a professional job. Lucky to hold onto a win in the end after nothing was wrong with the goal disallowed, but I bet you knew I was going to say that. Paynters goal looked offside, but a very well taken finish, i'd probably give you that one Wink

I was sitting in the upper west corner, where the home section sang. I thought the overall atmosphere was very good and your fans were noisy at times. I, along with many other cobblers fans just have absoulte admiration for Simon Cox, a few mistakes from us costing goals but not bad for Cox to score a hatrick against his former loanee club (who he nearly joined but wanted more money Tongue). I enjoyed the banter from you guys last night and I hope you all the best for the rest of the season. Last night game was truely wonderful.

See you all next year Smiley
Good luck keeping hold of Coxy
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 18:56:18 »

I have to say credit is due when credit is due. I thought you lot were very good last night and did a professional job. Lucky to hold onto a win in the end after nothing was wrong with the goal disallowed, but I bet you knew I was going to say that. Paynters goal looked offside, but a very well taken finish, i'd probably give you that one Wink

I was sitting in the upper west corner, where the home section sang. I thought the overall atmosphere was very good and your fans were noisy at times. I, along with many other cobblers fans just have absoulte admiration for Simon Cox, a few mistakes from us costing goals but not bad for Cox to score a hatrick against his former loanee club (who he nearly joined but wanted more money Tongue). I enjoyed the banter from you guys last night and I hope you all the best for the rest of the season. Last night game was truely wonderful.

You wanted more money, we wanted a decent striker and League One football. Each to their own... Wink
Cobblers

« Reply #544 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 18:58:11 »

we wanted a decent striker and League One football.

You got a superb striker and League One football Smiley

We have got a very good striker (in Bayo) and League One football too Smiley

So it all works out Wink
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 19:12:16 »

That was my favourite Tuesday night away game this season. Good atmosphere and good entertainment.

BTW you scored 3, not 4, because you are not allowed to foul people, wait for the flag to go up, and the whistle, and then hit it in the corner of the goal and pretend it counts.  Wink

Good luck staying up, you're a convenient away day and there's others I'd rather see relegated.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 19:43:39 »

Aren't these Cobblers fans awfully decent people? Makes a change from the usual mongs we get a-visiting. 

I do wish people wouldn't say we're now staying up....still work to do, it could still go horribly wrong.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 20:30:41 »

Aren't these Cobblers fans awfully decent people? Makes a change from the usual mongs we get a-visiting. 

I do wish people wouldn't say we're now staying up....still work to do, it could still go horribly wrong.

This is true of course, but us staying up looks an awful lot more likely than it did NINE points ago Cheesy
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 21:14:09 »

I agree, but we are currently top of the "Relegation contenders league table" if you like. A win at Yeovil and there's very little chance of even a Swindon team ending up in trouble
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 21:42:27 »

I agree, but we are currently top of the "Relegation contenders league table" if you like. A win at Yeovil and there's very little chance of even a Swindon team ending up in trouble

But I can sense an air of complacency amongst the fans now...let's hope it doesn't transmit to the players.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 21:47:16 »

But I can sense an air of complacency amongst the fans now...let's hope it doesn't transmit to the players.

Think you're confusing optimism with complacency there Reg.
No one I know is certain we'll stay up, but we stand a much better chance now than we did 2 weeks ago.

A bit of positivity makes a fucking change this season.

It's All Good..............
Rich Pullen

« Reply #551 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 21:57:49 »

If we can't enjoy an away win - what's the point?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 21:58:43 »

Think you're confusing optimism with complacency there Reg.
No one I know is certain we'll stay up, but we stand a much better chance now than we did 2 weeks ago.

A bit of positivity makes a fucking change this season.

Maybe...I just don't want to see us bung away this good work now.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 22:09:10 »

Well, i've been half glass for most of the season, but from what i've seen the last few weeks, firstly we wont lose at Yeovil, and secondly we will stay up. If both of  these fail to come true i'll stand on the magic roundabout with a baguette up my whatever. Basically no chance of us going down.....there i've said it so bollocks.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 22:32:54 »

Did anybody feel that Smith should of done better with the freekick?

It didnt look as if it went into the corner but the middle of the goal and it seemed to me that Smith was in the middle of the goal.

Looked to me as if it went through him....

I thought he should have saved all three!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: