Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Does Gordon Greer feel obliged to stay with us...  (Read 4124 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 11:14:14 »

Greer is unlikely to commit to anything with us until he knows what division we're going to be in next season.

He's shown during this loan period that he'd be an excellent signing for a league 1 side, and unless we were going to offer him silly money he's going to want to play at this level as a minimum.

Wilson's making all the right noises, and giving him the armband and the Captain's column in the programmed is a pretty clear statement of intent to Greer that if he stays he's going to be intergral to the team. Until we're clear of relegation I don't think we can expect any progress.
Spot on! Treat someone with courtesy and respect. Empower them and allow them to take extra responsibility. Praise them and show them you value their contribution. Give them a bit of extra money when you can (ie I think you get more money for captaining the side). All good management principles.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 11:44:52 »

I think Greer will come here in the summer, can see him come along to the last game of the season too, don't think Donnie would stop him coming along, to support the lads, if we're still in trouble.

I did hear an interesting bit of info yesterday though, Villa, Boro and Newcastle are all sniffing around Coxy, apparently Middlesborough are favourites as it stands.  We've had numerous scouts here over the last few weeks, had it confirmed Garry Parker's currently scouting for Villa and has been at 7 Town matches recently.  Have to say I'd expect some of the scouts must be here to watch Morrison too, wouldn't have thought they're all here for Cox.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 11:50:08 »

Derby County have watched Cox at least 5 times this year as well.

If an EPL club comes in then that'll only push the price up surely?
glos_robin

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 11:50:21 »

I think Greer will come here in the summer, can see him come along to the last game of the season too, don't think Donnie would stop him coming along, to support the lads, if we're still in trouble.

I did hear an interesting bit of info yesterday though, Villa, Boro and Newcastle are all sniffing around Coxy, apparently Middlesborough are favourites as it stands.  We've had numerous scouts here over the last few weeks, had it confirmed Garry Parker's currently scouting for Villa and has been at 7 Town matches recently.  Have to say I'd expect some of the scouts must be here to watch Morrison too, wouldn't have thought they're all here for Cox.

If thats the case if we are to lose him hopefully we'll benefit from a bidding war......if Maynard went to City for 2/3 million then we should be looking for at least that now even with the recession hitting. Cox should and hopefully will be our biggest ever transfer fee received.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 12:15:42 »

joe jordan was at the southend game, although he may have been watching dorian dervitte.
Spencer_White

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 12:17:22 »

Going back to Greer, I would be delighted if we got him permanently. He's a leader, he's brave, he looks out for his team mates, seems intelligent as well. The club has suffered terribly from a lack of leaders, but this MAN is one. Please sign on!

Hopefully we can hold out as long as possible in the summer for Coxy, because the bids will get bigger and bigger. He is a genuine Championship player. Morrison on the other hand could well be the 3rd time weve mugged off a Premier League side with someone who is not going to be good enough for top flight football. Dont get me wrong, I think he could be a really good League 1 defender, but he will never be fast enough for top flight. Its sad for these players like Tozer and Jutkiewicz as much as for us, because they go away to play reserve football for their own clubs until they are 25 which is an awful waste. But we cant turn down the £££.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 12:19:39 »

How olds Morrison? 17? I know theres a long way to go, but some of his performances recently have been nothing short of top class. He's a much better prospect than either lukas or tozer

Things get better but they never get good
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 12:25:52 »

turned 18 in january. completely agree though, he is lightyears ahead of tozer in particular and has impressed in a struggling side leaking goals - lukas had the benefit of playing in a team on the up.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 12:34:10 »

Going back to Greer, I would be delighted if we got him permanently. He's a leader, he's brave, he looks out for his team mates, seems intelligent as well. The club has suffered terribly from a lack of leaders, but this MAN is one. Please sign on!

Hopefully we can hold out as long as possible in the summer for Coxy, because the bids will get bigger and bigger. He is a genuine Championship player. Morrison on the other hand could well be the 3rd time weve mugged off a Premier League side with someone who is not going to be good enough for top flight football. Dont get me wrong, I think he could be a really good League 1 defender, but he will never be fast enough for top flight. Its sad for these players like Tozer and Jutkiewicz as much as for us, because they go away to play reserve football for their own clubs until they are 25 which is an awful waste. But we cant turn down the £££.

I think his pace has improved bigtime this year!  He outpaced Brandy a number of times yesterday and earlier in the season had a one on one with another pacey player (can't remember who it was) that he was not expected to stay with and he was actually faster than him.

Bearing in mind he is only 18 and is improving game by game I think he could make it in the Prem, maybe not top, but I think he is capable of getting into a Fulham, Hull type side.  Not for a good 4/5 years though and assuming that he keeps improving as he is!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 12:41:58 »

Greer reminds me a lot of Calderwood, calm collected, good talker, good captain, passes simply and rarely kicks it into touch unless needed, I hope we sign him on.

Morrison has a lot more ability IMO than Tozer and hopefully will go from strength to strength with Greer alongside him, a much better option that Ifil and with shedloads of potential, hes gonna be a good un, maybe not premiership but certainly Championship level...if he continues to progress for the next few years as he is now.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 12:56:58 »

Provided we stay up I'm sure he'll be staying, probably a good chance even if we go down. The fact that Doncaster let him go whilst they were fighting a relegation battle says they don't want him and I haven't heard about any other clubs being interested. So I can't see him turning us down unless a Championship side makes him an offer.

It would be worth us making him the best offer we can, partly as he's been playing well but also as he seems the perfect partner to help Morrison develop further.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 13:31:27 »

joe jordan was at the southend game, although he may have been watching dorian dervitte.

yeah I saw Joe on Tuesday, he walked past into the Arkells, so I said to the young lad on the door, was that Joe that just went in there, cos I need to have a word with him, fair play to the lad, cos he said if you need a word mate just go through, gutted that I bottled it and said nah you're alrught mate.  I only wanted to thank him for the penalty v Wales in the 80's.

With regard to Morrison I disagree about his pace, think at 18 years old he reads the game well, and don't think he's that slow at all. If he continues at this rate I'd be surprised if he doesn't go up a level in the next two years.  The premiership is not just a dream for him, massive prospect.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 22:04:15 »

I heard Fulham and Sheff Utd for Cox... sorry to change the subject!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 23:28:30 »

I heard Doncaster will swap Greer + cash for Cox.
santasdead

« Reply #29 on: Monday, March 23, 2009, 00:03:43 »

I heard Doncaster will swap Greer + cash for Cox.

if greer is out of contract,then any deals for cox would have to be done seperately,so we should get greer (on a free/unattached) and a full whack of dough for cox - unless they want to pay high prices i cant see them getting him ahead of the prem teams.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: