Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Any respect fot the Glasgow Rangers?  (Read 3303 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, May 22, 2005, 15:46:44 »

Quote from: "Amir Khan"

Anyone who slags off the Queen is unpatriotic. FACT.

Not a chance, I love my country.   I'm not really for abolishing the royal family either, but you won't catch me sing GSTQ.  Shit song as well, change it to Jerusalem.

Anyone on here been to Northern Ireland?  All the young people I met there couldn't give a flying fuck about politics, although it has to be said they didn't come from the Belfast slums.

I've been to Belfast and other parts of NI, on several occasions at the height of the troubles....haven't been for a few years mind, so couldn't say what the atmosphere is like now.

I hate that edgy paranoia you get when you know the territory is dodgy, and you wonder if you're in the wrong place....
Amir

« Reply #31 on: Sunday, May 22, 2005, 15:55:52 »

I hate that edgy paranoia you get when you know the territory is dodgy, and you wonder if you're in the wrong place....

In certain pubs I did wonder if I was in the right place, and in fact I was warned not to mention the south.  The loyalists love you though, a group of women were trying to get me to go out with their daughters, and then they gave me a load of free food and drink.  

The red, white and blue paving stones, and the murals were very strange to see in real life.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: