Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Radio Swindon texts during/after game  (Read 6697 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 08:33:26 »

That's a bit unfair Ben.

Everyone see's games differently and you'll always get a difference of opinion (Take me thinking that HRK is a selfish bastard, who puts us at risk by losing the ball all the time, trying to take on four players when what he should do is PASS THE FUCKING THING!! Other people think he's quite good) but it's the constant barrage of inane, pointless and downright stupid comments the RS allow to be broadcast.
Either the majority of those who text in are on a wind up, or RS actively broadcast those that are likely to cause the most annoyance.

I don't think it's that unfair.

All texts are going to be a bit inane and pointless, where do you draw the line at stupid? Phil Smith ones after leeds game - stupid. Yes. The majority of texts weren't about us losing because of Phil Smith though were they? That was a few texts.

Do you include texts like "Sort it out. We're a shambles and going down" as stupid ones - probably closer to the sort that makes up the majority. Pretty inane, possibly pointless, but stupid? We're sitting squarely in the relegation zone.

You get a fair few "Get your wallet out Fitton!" texts. There are people on here who have that view, and make a fair enough argument for it even if I disagree. Are they stupid texts?

I just think there's a bit of snobbery about the whole thing.

EDIT: Obviously I'd be pissed off when people just make comments on here like that. But there's a huge differences in what you can do and time you have between a text into a radio show and a post on the tef.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 08:50:24 by flammableBen » Logged
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 08:57:06 »

I don't think it's that unfair.

All texts are going to be a bit inane and pointless, where do you draw the line at stupid? Phil Smith ones after leeds game - stupid. Yes. The majority of texts weren't about us losing because of Phil Smith though were they? That was a few texts.

Do you include texts like "Sort it out. We're a shambles and going down" as stupid ones - probably closer to the sort that makes up the majority. Pretty inane, possibly pointless, but stupid? We're sitting squarely in the relegation zone.

You get a fair few "Get your wallet out Fitton!" texts. There are people on here who have that view, and make a fair enough argument for it even if I disagree. Are they stupid texts?

I just think there's a bit of snobbery about the whole thing.

I don't think it is snobbery and I don't think this is an attack on people who are down after a defeat.

I think its more people being pissed off with ludicrous texts saying Fitton or Wilson should leave now or just attacking the same old scapegoats i.e Phil Smith.

I would say the majority just wants to see a balance of posts some positive and some negative read out, that guy who presents Wiltshire Sound seems to take massive pleasure in reading the worst possible texts out.

With regards to your question Ben regarding people who attend the game in comparison to those that don't I would say that people that attend the game will have a better insight into what actually happened compared to listening to some guy commentating.  Although that does not give those that listen on the radio no right to an opinion.

Most people that text after games have those typed up before we have even kicked off, something definitely needs to change on how they moderate the texts. 

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 09:04:52 »

I think what bothers me, and what prompted me to post, is that week in, week out, it's an unremitting tide of fuckwittery that bears no relation to the game I've just seen. Play well, play badly, if you listen to the text comments, it's all the same. And it's that cumulative effect, week after week, of a constant tide of gloom, usually wholly unrelated to how we did in the game, that gets me. And yeah, sure, those guys are entitled to have their say, of course they are, no matter how much I or anyone else disagree with them. But I don't think it reflects a fair and balanced view of the games and, cumulatively, of how people see things overall. So all I was suggesting really was that perhaps those of us who feel we do take a less one-eyed view (and we may well be snobs, deluding ourselves, whatever - it's JUST MY OPINION!!!!! Smiley) could perhaps balance up some of the fuckwittery with some slightly more balanced texts in.
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 09:16:45 »

I think what bothers me, and what prompted me to post, is that week in, week out, it's an unremitting tide of fuckwittery that bears no relation to the game I've just seen. Play well, play badly, if you listen to the text comments, it's all the same. And it's that cumulative effect, week after week, of a constant tide of gloom, usually wholly unrelated to how we did in the game, that gets me. And yeah, sure, those guys are entitled to have their say, of course they are, no matter how much I or anyone else disagree with them. But I don't think it reflects a fair and balanced view of the games and, cumulatively, of how people see things overall. So all I was suggesting really was that perhaps those of us who feel we do take a less one-eyed view (and we may well be snobs, deluding ourselves, whatever - it's JUST MY OPINION!!!!! Smiley) could perhaps balance up some of the fuckwittery with some slightly more balanced texts in.

Thats what you should do. I listen to RS after all the games (although I do not attend away games) and it appears that, although they are broadcast,there are very few positive texts to read out.
Perhaps it is the old addage that people will complain but are reluctant to offer praise.
Personally, I feel there is precious little to praise this season.

When you're smiling.........
flammableBen

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 09:20:21 »

I don't think it is snobbery and I don't think this is an attack on people who are down after a defeat.

I think its more people being pissed off with ludicrous texts saying Fitton or Wilson should leave now or just attacking the same old scapegoats i.e Phil Smith.

I would say the majority just wants to see a balance of posts some positive and some negative read out, that guy who presents Wiltshire Sound seems to take massive pleasure in reading the worst possible texts out.

There's not some conspiracy to read out the most negative texts, and there's nobody organising a giant negative text in. The fact is we're shit, in the relegation zone, and are continually failing to pick up enough points. That's where the balance is. Not in some mystical TEF land where everybody should be happy whatever.

Texts directly calling for Fitton to leave are pretty rare. You get loads of vague criticism towards him/the club. "The club is going nowhere", "This is a shambles", "Can't win a game, sort it out". Do you expect everybody to add a "but I'm still grateful for them saving our club" at the end of each text? No, because they're texts written in with clumsy thumbs, hoping that it will get read out before the end of the show.

Trying to organise a campaign to text in random positives in when we're clearly not playing well enough or picking up enough points would be what's against the balance. "I thought the defence tried really hard" isn't what is naturally going to come to you when you've just seen us concede another late goal.

Yes you get the occasional clear cut retarded one. "We would have won if Smith wasn't in goal" or whatever. But that's not really what the majority of texts are like. They're mostly just fans venting their frustration in a few lines of garbaged txtspk, and there's fuck all wrong with that and no conspiracy to be negative.

With regards to your question Ben regarding people who attend the game in comparison to those that don't I would say that people that attend the game will have a better insight into what actually happened compared to listening to some guy commentating.  Although that does not give those that listen on the radio no right to an opinion.

I was getting a "People who didn't go to the game's views are ok, but only if they agree with me because I did go to the game" vibe. We're quite good at avoiding the "but you didn't go to the game" game in discussions on here. I think on the main it makes fuck all difference.

Most people that text after games have those typed up before we have even kicked off, something definitely needs to change on how they moderate the texts. 

That's just clearly not true.

I don't think they moderate the texts at all at the moment, just randomly read them out when they need to fill time. I don't really think they should be moderated to make it appear there should be a certain balance that isn't there.

Weren't a lot of you cunts at the Leeds game anyway. Complaining about texts you didn't hear because you were at the game they were commenting on? Head fuck.

Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 09:43:01 »

people who didnt go to the game have no right to an opinion.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 09:52:00 »

people who didnt go to the game have no right to an opinion.

I presume that you are having a woolly scarf there Colin?
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 09:54:46 »

Not at all. I should clarify i mean an opinion on the game itself. tactics and stuff.

i dont see how you can make a reasoned judgement or critisism based on Ed hadwins commentary, which often bares no resemblence to the game I've seen.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 09:55:17 »

There's not some conspiracy to read out the most negative texts, and there's nobody organising a giant negative text in. The fact is we're shit, in the relegation zone, and are continually failing to pick up enough points. That's where the balance is. Not in some mystical TEF land where everybody should be happy whatever.

Texts directly calling for Fitton to leave are pretty rare. You get loads of vague criticism towards him/the club. "The club is going nowhere", "This is a shambles", "Can't win a game, sort it out". Do you expect everybody to add a "but I'm still grateful for them saving our club" at the end of each text? No, because they're texts written in with clumsy thumbs, hoping that it will get read out before the end of the show.

Trying to organise a campaign to text in random positives in when we're clearly not playing well enough or picking up enough points would be what's against the balance. "I thought the defence tried really hard" isn't what is naturally going to come to you when you've just seen us concede another late goal.

Yes you get the occasional clear cut retarded one. "We would have won if Smith wasn't in goal" or whatever. But that's not really what the majority of texts are like. They're mostly just fans venting their frustration in a few lines of garbaged txtspk, and there's fuck all wrong with that and no conspiracy to be negative.

I was getting a "People who didn't go to the game's views are ok, but only if they agree with me because I did go to the game" vibe. We're quite good at avoiding the "but you didn't go to the game" game in discussions on here. I think on the main it makes fuck all difference.

That's just clearly not true.

I don't think they moderate the texts at all at the moment, just randomly read them out when they need to fill time. I don't really think they should be moderated to make it appear there should be a certain balance that isn't there.

Weren't a lot of you cunts at the Leeds game anyway. Complaining about texts you didn't hear because you were at the game they were commenting on? Head fuck.

Hypocrysy I am sure you said you should you should not SHOUT down people opinions when thats all you seemed to have done throughout this thread.
Talk Talk

« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 09:57:03 »

Hypocrysy I am sure you said you should you should not SHOUT down people opinions when thats all you seemed to have done throughout this thread.

Have you been accidentally wearing full denim recently, fB?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 10:01:59 »

Not at all. I should clarify i mean an opinion on the game itself. tactics and stuff.

i dont see how you can make a reasoned judgement or critisism based on Ed hadwins commentary, which often bares no resemblence to the game I've seen.

Quite easy.

I don't need to be there to figure out that moving Kanyuka into midfield or Amankwahh on the wing has worked, at least to some extent.

I don't need to be at the game to work out that XXX keeper might need replacing after constantly dropping the ball in his own net. Or that Ifil can't simply kick the fucking ball clear.

I don't need to be at the game to figure out that macmanee's lack of defensive skill means that he needs a supporting and covering full back behind him

I don't need to be at the game to figure that we need an out and out right winger to balance the side because JPM keeps drifting inside and doesn't take it to the byline.

The list goe's on

And whether or not YOU think that I have a right to an opinion, I still fucking well have on whether you like it or not.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 10:13:27 »

Fishing. wtg

I was hoping to catch Flamable ben, but as its a bit early for him you'll do!
flammableBen

« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 10:48:05 »

No, I think you should shout down peoples opinions. Always have done. It's the people who say "Yeah well it's my opinion" Who do my head in.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 10:48:58 »

Have you not heard a text from "JFW's Earmuffs?"

no but a bit of wee might escape if I did
flammableBen

« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 10:51:07 »

Fishing. wtg

I was hoping to catch Flamable ben, but as its a bit early for him you'll do!

You probably would have done if I hadn't gone shopping.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: