Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Radio Swindon texts during/after game  (Read 6695 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 15:22:25 »

The thread suggests that people who were at the game should only text in with positve comments.
Who is to say the people who do text in have not been to the game.
If you have watched tripe it is your right to have your say even if it does upset Pauld and others.

The thread doesnt suggest that in the slightest.

The thread clearly suggest Pauld along with others are fed up of the negatives texts sent in by people who arent at the game.

If you were at the game, you'd know full well Phil Smith didnt cost us the game.
If you actually listened to the radio commentary not once did they have a bad thing to say about Phil Smith

So, how the fuck can someone come to the conclusion Phil Smith cost us the game?

Pauld isnt against people being a negative, he is against people being stupid.

'we lost and played rubbish' is negative
'we lost because Wilson played Phil Smith' is stupid
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 15:24:56 »

The thread suggests that people who were at the game should only text in with positve comments.
Who is to say the people who do text in have not been to the game.
If you have watched tripe it is your right to have your say even if it does upset Pauld and others.

It's fine to text in and say it was a poor game, or a certain player had a bad game, but that's not what they say. The amount of drivel that some of the texters spout is so far removed from reality it's not funny.
As a Swindon supporter it's fucking embarrassing listening on the way home. It's turned into a platform whereby the mongs can sound out with no challenge.
It's all very well saying Fitton and co should have thicker skins, but let's be honest, they're not Swindon Town fans they're football fans who've shelled out millions on our club. To get the amount of stick certain sections are dishing out it wouldn't surprise me if they just thought 'fuck it' and walked.
Fitton has undoubtedly made some mistakes this season, but that just means he's human and I'm sure he's learnt from them.
As far as I'm concerned he's earnt a lot of patience from us by saving our club.

It's All Good..............
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 15:47:02 »

DV and hertha, I'd like to employ you both as my official interpreters. You both said what I meant far better than I did. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure I can't afford hertha and DV's unemployable so meh
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 15:52:41 »

You must be confusing me with Ben.

I'm retired, not unemployable
Danjackson10

« Reply #34 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 17:24:52 »

Like the same old people texting in like John Trollopes noisey neighbour and so and sos magic hat and all that crap

Have you not heard a text from "JFW's Earmuffs?"
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 18:22:58 »

Is it not a really known fact that fitton knows pretty much whats said on all forums, including this one

Things get better but they never get good
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 20:23:53 »

I don't even listen to the radio coverage anymore.

The geezer that presents the show is a clown.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 20:25:22 »

He is very unprofessional.

Not at all what I have come to expect from Aunty Beeb.
flammableBen

« Reply #38 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 20:30:09 »

I think he's ace.
spacey

« Reply #39 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 21:38:30 »

Have you considered turning it on as the game starts, turning it off at half-time, turning it on again when the second half starts and then turning it off at full-time? I'd find it hard to believe if you said you didn't like Ed Hadwin as the man is clearly a commentatory wizard.
Danjackson10

« Reply #40 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 21:39:49 »

i think he's ace too
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 03:56:49 »

I wouldn't worry too much about AF getting upset at comments on the adver site:

when i was a ball boy when the u 18 played newcastle i fort he was a rocket up and down them lines so DW play the lad he will get us out this mess

Putting the actual comment to one side, I doubt that too many people would put much credence in a post with such atrocious spelling.
flammableBen

« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 07:45:24 »

The thread doesnt suggest that in the slightest.

The thread clearly suggest Pauld along with others are fed up of the negatives texts sent in by people who arent at the game.

Do you have a problem with people posting negative stuff on here if they haven't gone to a game?

If you were at the game, you'd know full well Phil Smith didnt cost us the game.
If you actually listened to the radio commentary not once did they have a bad thing to say about Phil Smith

So, how the fuck can someone come to the conclusion Phil Smith cost us the game?

Pauld isnt against people being a negative, he is against people being stupid.

'we lost and played rubbish' is negative
'we lost because Wilson played Phil Smith' is stupid

Yeah, but so what? People text things are stupid, people texts things that are needlessly negative, people text things which are blindly positive. They're throwaway comments people send in to get a little buzz when something they've written is read out on the radio. You're always going to be making assumptions about the reasoning behind someone's comment because you can't exactly go into an essay with a 160 character limit.

It's not a balance you're worried about, it's 'I want my view to be shouted loudest'.

I bet it winds you the fuck up DV. It's fun watching you on here trying to always get the last word - fun fact, you've got nearly 500 more posts in the Match Day section than any other forum, quite impressive when you're often not about for the quick multi-posts which go on during games. I bet it eats you up inside hearing any comment you might decide to text in get buried under these throwaway stupid/retarded/wrong ones. "I'm DV! Why isn't my comment getting more prominence."

EDIT: That's not an attack on your posts on here, I quite like them. Let's just be honest.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 07:50:05 by flammableBen » Logged
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 08:13:05 »

That's a bit unfair Ben.

Everyone see's games differently and you'll always get a difference of opinion (Take me thinking that HRK is a selfish bastard, who puts us at risk by losing the ball all the time, trying to take on four players when what he should do is PASS THE FUCKING THING!! Other people think he's quite good) but it's the constant barrage of inane, pointless and downright stupid comments the RS allow to be broadcast.
Either the majority of those who text in are on a wind up, or RS actively broadcast those that are likely to cause the most annoyance.

It's All Good..............
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 08:15:59 »

Or just maybe that is how the majority of town fans feel after another fuck up of a game.

When you're smiling.........
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: