Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sack Wilson Talk Is Ridiculous  (Read 15459 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #135 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 17:11:28 »

We're getting out of this league a lot quicker than 4 years.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #136 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 17:15:59 »

Re: wilson at city.  We all know what happened when he left and they gave Tinnion the job. 

Reminds me a bit of England, post Sven.   You only realise sometimes that someone is doing a good job when some one much worse comes in and fucks it up very quickly.

And Hartlepool since Wilson left?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #137 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 17:16:57 »

So honestly would you be happy with that? Four years in this leauge never quite being good enough to get our of it?

I'm not sure you would be. I don't think i would be, and I'm pretty sure the board wouldn'y be.

Maybe not, but our level does seem to be league one strugglers/league two at the moment, if we sustained a decent level of football we'd inevitably go up, build a fan base worthy of Championship football and gernerally be better than rushing things through.

If we're not careful we'll be too poor to not get out of this dividion.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 17:25:55 »

Re: wilson at city.  We all know what happened when he left and they gave Tinnion the job. 

Reminds me a bit of England, post Sven.   You only realise sometimes that someone is doing a good job when some one much worse comes in and fucks it up very quickly.

Not really a good counter argument as Tinnion was  completely out of his depth, Johnson came in having inherited a seriously poor side....Hoofwood, Grunt Sniff, anyone and at first struggled...by mid December they were in 23rd a point above us.

He turned it around got them  to 9th and it's been progress since....we off course went down.

That's because Johnson is a decent manager....Wilson still has 10 games to turn us around, which will show whether he is a decent manager.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 17:37:57 »

And Hartlepool since Wilson left?

Were 13th when he went....now 15th so slight drop.
REDBUCK

« Reply #140 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 17:44:17 »

Jonhson was allowed to ship out the underacheivers and rebuild his team a little. Some of Shitty fans wanted to get rid of him after about 10 games as he had made no difference. i don't tihink they had a seriously bad side when he took over.

How mny people could really have said he was a manager good enough to take them to the edge of premiership football based on his record. It's all a matter of opinions and taking a gamble.

Us having another manager for the 99th time this season doesn't seem much point. 
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 18:07:25 »

Jonhson was allowed to ship out the underacheivers and rebuild his team a little. Some of Shitty fans wanted to get rid of him after about 10 games as he had made no difference. i don't tihink they had a seriously bad side when he took over.

How mny people could really have said he was a manager good enough to take them to the edge of premiership football based on his record. It's all a matter of opinions and taking a gamble.

Us having another manager for the 99th time this season doesn't seem much point. 

The reason Shitheads wanted out was because he lost something like 8 in a row, after taking over. Which put them down to 23rd.  But it was this process that enabled Johnson to identify the problems and do something about it.

Whisper it quietly but the fella down the 420, also inherited,by all acounts, a bunch of wasters.

Shipped a couple out, brought in a few lads from either reserve teams or the scrapheap, and lo and behold they improve.

As things stand Wilson just hasn't managed the resources available to him very well...we were 18 th when he took over now 21st.

Still time to prove his worth....
« Last Edit: Monday, March 16, 2009, 18:10:16 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
adje

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 18:34:14 »

because im a nerd

Anthony McNamee - 0 goals 8 assists
Andy Monkhouse - 8 goals 4 assists
Sofiene Zaaboub - 0 goals 7 assists

That would be McNamee-20 assists if we had a forward that could head the fucking ball!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 18:50:39 »

I dont think Wilson is the main problem- i think it lies with the backroom and coaching staff.

Fitton seems incredibly loyal to Byne- this could well cost us our league one status. I honesty believe if Wilson would have brought in his own staff we would not be in the position we find ourselves,

Rubbish. The reason we are in here is a combination of shit players, poor manager at the start of the season and the fact that it took 6 weeks to replace him.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 18:58:24 »

That would be McNamee-20 assists if we had a forward that could head the fucking ball!

I wouldnt go that far.

More like that would be McNamee-20 assists if his crosses were good every single time rather than 1 in 7.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 19:07:35 »

Adje is Mcnamees agent!

or love child!

Grin

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 19:27:38 »

So honestly would you be happy with that? Four years in this leauge never quite being good enough to get our of it?

I'm not sure you would be. I don't think i would be, and I'm pretty sure the board wouldn'y be.

Given the past few years I'd be quite happy with those kinds of league finishes.  They'd be up there with some of the better seasons this club has ever had.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 22:17:37 »

Adje is Mcnamees agent!

or love child!

Grin

Smiley

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 22:48:03 »

As was said in FourFourTwo, Wilson is hands on with the training now. If something is wrong in that respect then he is as much to blame. Maybe this is why he's never felt the need to have the same backroom team. For all we know Byrne and Williams collect the cones and nothing more.

The same magazine said Malpas didn't really handle training, so your point would make more sense with Malpas perhaps.

What did Malpas then, besides bad interviews?
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 09:32:38 »

Yes Id be happy with that, very happy. Given our crowds and financial strength relative to the division we have no divine right to expect any more.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: