Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leeds V Swindon Matchday Thread.  (Read 26976 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #270 on: Sunday, March 15, 2009, 21:18:44 »

I thought timlin played well. Highlight for me was talking to the young ladys in fluent french
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Sunday, March 15, 2009, 21:41:05 »

Did I see right at the time, that Beckford gave the lino the finger? I'd forgotten about it till the Flash's post
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Sunday, March 15, 2009, 22:11:30 »

you're just a fat specy bastard was my favourite.

got to say i felt a bit sorry for him but if you're going to sit right next to the away fans and mouth off in their general direction you've put yourself right in the firing line
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Sunday, March 15, 2009, 22:15:14 »

More to the point, I thought Keith Stroud did alright yesterday but is it just me or does Billy P get a freekick given against him for breathing out whereas whoever is marking him can get away with anything short of actually shooting him through the head? I get the idea his reputation precedes him as the poor chap must be infuriated by the amount of free kicks given against him.

Its not just you. Its like that every home game as well.

I was talking very briefly to a Leeds fan who was there Saturday and all he said was we did alright, keeper was good and that our number 11 was shit!

STFC_Rich will probably speak to him more tomorrow though!
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Sunday, March 15, 2009, 22:20:20 »

More to the point, I thought Keith Stroud did alright yesterday but is it just me or does Billy P get a freekick given against him for breathing out whereas whoever is marking him can get away with anything short of actually shooting him through the head? I get the idea his reputation precedes him as the poor chap must be infuriated by the amount of free kicks given against him.

I'm starting to think we must all be horribly biased, and are the only people who can't see Billy's constant fouling : /

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 07:22:47 »

Let's get Malpas in as assistant manager - he's going wonders at Inverness as they look like they are going to escape in the SPL with a great run of wins!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #276 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 08:19:37 »

I thought timlin played well. Highlight for me was talking to the young ladys in fluent french

J'Adore le asshole! Cheesy
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 08:55:37 »

I'm starting to think we must all be horribly biased, and are the only people who can't see Billy's constant fouling : /

He gives as good as he gets in all fairness, but rarely gets the benefit of the doubt.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Monday, March 16, 2009, 22:29:45 »

Just got back. Seriously....... Roll Eyes

The good:

We did OK.
Smith (P) played well, as did Morrison IMO.
Cox clattering Ankergren was well worthy of the yellow he received.
Beckford throwing his toys out of the pram.

The bad:

The result.
We got lazy for about 3 minutes before they scored. The players just seemed to switch off as Smith (J) came on, for some unknown reason.
Wasn't impressed with OTJ and Robson-Kanu.
Fatty flashing his moobs  Puke

Overall, they deserved to win on the balance of chances created, but we didn't deserve to lose. We weren't brilliant, but far from shit IMO.

But stating the blindingly fucking obvious, 3 points is essential tomorrow.
luke80

« Reply #279 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 22:48:15 »

you're just a fat specy bastard was my favourite.

got to say i felt a bit sorry for him but if you're going to sit right next to the away fans and mouth off in their general direction you've put yourself right in the firing line
I don't go to many Swindon games, but I went to Millwall and now Leeds this season.

Personally I thought we deserved a point. Leeds had long periods of domination, but we would have done fine if the service was good or even average. For all his running and control, Macca couldn't put a half-decent ball into the box. If the crosses had been better, who knows what other chances we could have made. Conceding in the closing minutes has become part and parcel of this season, and yet it still seems to come as a surprise each game!

I thought the Leeds fans were crap and the place would have been a library if we hadn't been there. The fat bloke provided the most entertainment in the 1st half - the 'fat speccy bastard' one was good, as was 'shall we bake a cake for you?', 'Ordering a takeaway'...the list is long. I'd never heard the empty seats chant before so that was another classic. Not forgetting the usual Swindon stuff sung throughout that of course just never gets old. Smiley

A bit of trouble at the end with 1 town fan getting arrested for sure. And what is it with the stewards and getting us to sit down? The reason why we're at the back is because we want to stand and not be in people's way!
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 23:56:05 »

Welcome to the forum, my personal favourite was 'ordering a takeaway' closely followed by 'weightwatchers la la la'.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2009, 08:24:41 »

A bit of trouble at the end with 1 town fan getting arrested for sure.

They used the force, Luke.
luke80

« Reply #282 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2009, 23:05:29 »

Welcome to the forum, my personal favourite was 'ordering a takeaway' closely followed by 'weightwatchers la la la'.
Me and my friends came up with 3 pages of fat supporter chants on our coach home to London. Pretty sad, but some of them are classics, honest... (Before you judge, it helped pass the time!) Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: