Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise and football.  (Read 8635 times)
deltaincline

« Reply #90 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 00:00:26 »

It wasn't so much a case of the passion going. It was the source of my passion that died. It's a bit like living with a bird you stopped loving some time ago. You still climb on it and do the business every weekend, but it's a soul-less performance that actually gets eclipsed by the lighting of the cigarette straight afterwards.

Wanker.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 08:12:11 »

And fair fucks to you. That's your choice and good luck to you for sticking with it.

If you ever do reach a level of success that sees your side and support effectively replaced, will you still feel the same about the club though?

when we were in the premiership i could only get a ticket for 1 game, i still follow swindon though, a football club is in your veins you fickle cunt.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 08:38:07 »

Right - That's me done and I'll piss off and leave you in peace.

At fucking last.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 08:52:41 »

when we were in the premiership i could only get a ticket for 1 game, i still follow swindon though, a football club is in your veins you fickle cunt.

Well fucking said.

As far as I'm concerned there's little or no justification for supporting McDongs, if you've got any grasp on proper football you'd realise its a soulless wankpatch of a club with a fucking awful cunt of an owner too. The day Wankerlman dies I shall not be shedding a tear...

p.s am I right in thinking McDongs only got a shiny new stadium as Asda wanted a supermarket in the town but weren't allowed due to competition laws, but got round it by helping to pay for the ground the stadium is on?

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 09:14:34 »

p.s am I right in thinking McDongs only got a shiny new stadium as Asda wanted a supermarket in the town but weren't allowed due to competition laws, but got round it by helping to pay for the ground the stadium is on?
ASDA Walmart to be precise and it was planning concerns IIRC rather than competition laws but yes
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Monday, March 9, 2009, 09:43:20 »

No matter what you think, it was a good debate and fair play to all involved.

Now let's move the fuck on!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Sunday, March 15, 2009, 19:51:22 »

No matter what you think, it was a good debate and fair play to all involved.

Now let's move the fuck on!

No...i want to dwell on it.

Clems Army!
Gazza's Fat Mate
Morality Robocop

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 12:56:28 »

My problem (one of them on this issue...) is that MK decided roughly 35 years ago that they wanted a league club.

Now MK City were an already existing club and instead of the council getting behind them and building from the bottom they shit on them and actively decided that the best way to get league football would be to wait until a club from wherever in the football league were in the shit so they could buy thier registration - not the team, the registration.

How on earth can you seriously think that is acceptable?

The amount of money that has had to be put into the dons would easily have seen City push for league status years ago - it took Rushden and Diamonds what, 11 years from conception to gaining league status.

If the council had played this right from the start then this whole discussion would never have to happen.

How is it right that teams like Stevenage have been banging on the door of the league for years had to watch a town come from nowhere waving a piece of paper in their faces saying that they now have a league club after all the hard graft they put in?

And this argument that Wimbledon would have died?  They did didn't they?  Started from scratch again and will be a league in the next decade.

Accrington Stanley folded and 44 years later they were back.

Get off your high-horse and realise that the whole thing stinks and should never have happened.

You McDons fans are not moral troopers you think you are, if it were legal to blow schools up you wouldn't do it because it's just plain wrong, as is following the Dons.  Just because something is so does not make it right.

Can't beat that. Fucking ace!

As I live in MK whenever I drive past the ground I start shouting out cunts cunts cunts. My missus goez nuts but it makes me feel better. I do the same whenever I see a road sign for Oxford!

Ash - "GFM Mate your like like Marmite you Love it or Hate it"
Christian Roberts " I fucking hate Marmite"
Dazzza

« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 13:30:22 »

No supermarket no stadium!!

http://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/news/No-supermarket--no-stadium.580718.jp

It makes my teeth itch that story every time I read it and I find it somewhat appropriate as the founding flagstone it the Dons history is the soulless green and white money mountain and the local wally.   It certainly really underpins and defines them more as a club than the tragedy that is that badge. 

I think you have to bite your lip a little as time goes by they will eventually cultivate a fan base that aren’t inclined alternate their Premiership shirts every other game, or even worse those that have sold their soul and ditched their club for the green devil in disguise.  However, I think they’re still prime targets for the next decade or so for some fair abuse!!

I think this bit of success will be interesting as they seem to be by the large a blinkered bunch and if they don’t progress as quick as some of their supporters seem to believe is their god given right it’ll be interesting to see how it pans out. 

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 14:06:33 »

From yesterday's Martin Samuel column :

Roberto DiMatteo and Eddie Newton, the managerial team at MK Franchise, are livid after being notified that they have failed their UEFA A licence coaching badges.

Never mind, they could always follow the example of their employers and nick somebody else's qualification instead !!!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: