Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Time to be negative??  (Read 9591 times)
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 14:17:02 »

Smith has been one of our most consistent players this season imho...agree arriba that you don't see him sweeping up too often, but I wouldn't say he got skinned regularly....you gotta bear in mind who has been playing in front of him the majority of the season....answers on a postcard
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 18:26:57 »

Smith has been one of our most consistent players this season imho...agree arriba that you don't see him sweeping up too often, but I wouldn't say he got skinned regularly....you gotta bear in mind who has been playing in front of him the majority of the season....answers on a postcard

His positional play for a defender is awful, he stands 2 yards off of a winger.  No doubting his attacking ability has been good as has his distibution at times.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 07:57:05 »

The handful of games I have been to I have been impressed with Jack Smith and his consistency. He is the only defender I feel relatively confident at him having the ball at his feet as he appears to be the only player at the back looking for a pass to feet. The guy with the ludicrous long hair who looks like some celebraty wally whose name I can't remember who sits near where I sit hates him.

That said I haven't seen Greer or Vincent yet so this could change.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 08:40:32 »

The handful of games I have been to I have been impressed with Jack Smith and his consistency. He is the only defender I feel relatively confident at him having the ball at his feet as he appears to be the only player at the back looking for a pass to feet. The guy with the ludicrous long hair who looks like some celebraty wally whose name I can't remember who sits near where I sit hates him.

That said I haven't seen Greer or Vincent yet so this could change.
That the guy who looks like Rick Wakeman, comes from Cirencester, goes by the name of Ernie!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #79 on: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 09:02:14 »

That the guy who looks like Rick Wakeman, comes from Cirencester, goes by the name of Ernie!
I only sit a few seats from Ernie
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 09:29:32 »

I only sit a few seats from Ernie

He comes across as a bit of a negative Wallydinho to me. This was especially noticeable when MM was in charge.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 09:33:55 »

His two mates are normally the real negative ones that i've heard when i've been sat near them, he's normally been the quiet one.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 09:37:27 »

Tbqfh, i couldnt care less whether jack "stand off the man" smith looks comfortable on the ball on the ball or not. As a defender he is fucking shocking

Things get better but they never get good
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 09:39:48 »

Back peddles allowing the cross/shot every time.
Not many good attacking crosses either.
Yes, he is crap.

When you're smiling.........
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 09:42:24 »

During the 2 - 1 win at Trashton Wakeman and his two friends were complaining constantly and loudly about one Sam Parkin. Mainly that he didn't score enough! They carped and complained so much that my friend turned around to make the not unreasonable point that Parkin might actually be a decent player having scored 20 the previous season only to get told that his opinion was only valid when he'd been to over 800 games.

I've avoided them at every game since.

And yeah I've got to agree, J. Smith stands off far too much and really doesn't like heading the ball.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 09:45:06 »

Wakeman and his gang are fuckwits.  Sits about 4 rows behind me in the DRS.  It was those guys who slated Given in the warm up against Hull back in 1996.  Shows how much they fucking know about football no matter how many games they may have seen.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #86 on: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 09:49:25 »

I think i sat near them at Franchise and told the prick to shut up
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 10:05:51 »

Didn't Wakeman aka Ernie nearly get involved in a fight with own supporters at Hartlepool?
Dozno9

« Reply #88 on: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 10:19:00 »

Tbqfh, i couldnt care less whether jack "stand off the man" smith looks comfortable on the ball on the ball or not. As a defender he is fucking shocking

Spot on. Thumb
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 11:12:57 »

i sit behind those cunts. one day im going to bring some scissors and cut his hair.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: