Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs. Cheltenham Town Matchday Thread [Must Win XXXIII]  (Read 59857 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #555 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 22:49:39 »

Not just you berni but alot of people in general seem to be saying he should not be playing because we do not have players who can give him the ball or players to get on his crosses. This confuses me as this cant be his fault. As for tracking back its a two way thing surely? Vincent hardly attacks does he and knowing that this allows macca to roam which he is instructed to do. At the moment its our target man,midfield pairings and ifil who are our luxury players not our main attacking player
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 22:54:10 »

Not just you berni but alot of people in general seem to be saying he should not be playing because we do not have players who can give him the ball or players to get on his crosses. This confuses me as this cant be his fault. As for tracking back its a two way thing surely? Vincent hardly attacks does he and knowing that this allows macca to roam which he is instructed to do. At the moment its our target man,midfield pairings and ifil who are our luxury players not our main attacking player

Sturrock works hard, so does Pook.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 23:08:33 »

They're both equally as shit as the rest if not more so.

Macca is clearly a class player, his lack of movement is annoying me though.  Ok, I can accept he'll over play it from time to time and put crosses in blind too often, but he can be a key for us in this situation.  He's not looking for the ball in the right way and he's closing off options.  Kanu is not as gifted but makes angles for others to get the ball to him.  Macca is simply standing wide and usually pushed up on the full back meaning he gets too many high balls which he can't deal with, or basic short balls along the line behind him meaning he has to come back to go forward.  It makes it easier to defend when he should be a fucking handfull for even the best full backs in this league.  I can see why he doesn't get used away, you can't play the game with 10 men unless the passenger is an out and out striker (hence why Cox gets more leeway for bad performances, in fact he runs around too much).
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #558 on: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 10:25:33 »

I thought Macca did OK for us, he drifted in the middle of the pitch a little too much in the second half, I think he wanted to give it a go at right wing and swap with Kanu but Kanu seemed unwilling to swap.

Macca did lose his legs after about 70 minutes and as a result was hitting in crosses when he would normally have taken his man on.

But he does need a better target man than Paynter to get on the end of the crosses, Cox had an off day....they happen.

We need a good target man and a ball winning midfielder and a tough tackling midfielder.

And play Awankman from the start.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 11:55:41 »

Adver reported that there was some boos when Akmanawah came on as a sub.  I didn't hear any, did anybody else?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 12:00:26 »

They were from the Cheltenham fans werent they?

they had him on loan years back and even managed a half chant of Cheltenham reject. Although I probably booed when we left him at fucking left back!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 12:19:21 »

they had him on loan years back and even managed a half chant of Cheltenham reject.

Yes I think so.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 12:28:31 »

I think i remember one of the angry shouty brigade joining in with the cheltenham reject chants. i may be imganinnig it though

Things get better but they never get good
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 12:36:42 »

People in the Arkells were doing that after Kev had scored, as a sarcastic reply to the Cheltenham chant.

And I think if there were any boos at the time of the substitution I don't think it was aimed at Kev, more at the decision to bring a left back on when we needed goals, obviously with hindsight....  Well that was my take on it anyhow.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 12:42:49 »

I think i remember one of the angry shouty brigade joining in with the cheltenham reject chants. i may be imganinnig it though

Wouldnt surprise me....

Big Kev has played the last few games on the wing. A goal down I thought we'd go at the 3 stick Big Kev on one wing, Macca on the other and push Kanu up as a 3rd striker.

Leaving him at left back was waste in my opinion.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 12:44:06 »

Janaage and Adje, I wasn't having a go last night, just trying to point out that although Macca has undoubted quality, while we are in the shit that we are we need every player to put in 100% and be prepared to put their body on the line as well as have the flair players producing their moments of quality i.e. Cox, Macca and Kanu!  Cox and Kanu did some dirty stuff on Tuesday as well as having a go (although I agree that Cox was off his game).  

I can understand because of the sort of player that Macca is that he isn't going to go flying in to 50/50 tackles etc. but at least track your man and make a nuisance of yourself.  He needs to be more involved in the game other than just his attacking quality.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 13:26:58 »

Agree Bernieman. 

Sammy Igoe was very good at making a nuisance of himself (1st season anyway) despite having the same stature as macca.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 13:29:18 »

they had him on loan years back and even managed a half chant of Cheltenham reject. Although I probably booed when we left him at fucking left back!!
So the Adver really was trying to create a mini-story that really was nothing to do with Town fans!!  Typical!!  Have to say I was surprised he wasn't playing from the start, thought he was our best player against Hartlepool.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 13:34:25 »

Janaage and Adje, I wasn't having a go last night, just trying to point out that although Macca has undoubted quality, while we are in the shit that we are we need every player to put in 100% and be prepared to put their body on the line as well as have the flair players producing their moments of quality i.e. Cox, Macca and Kanu!  Cox and Kanu did some dirty stuff on Tuesday as well as having a go (although I agree that Cox was off his game).  

Exactly....you dont have to go lunging in to a tackle...just shut people down and he never did that on Tuesday night much to my Ire!
I can understand because of the sort of player that Macca is that he isn't going to go flying in to 50/50 tackles etc. but at least track your man and make a nuisance of yourself.  He needs to be more involved in the game other than just his attacking quality.

Clems Army!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 17:27:10 »

You really need to learn how this quoting thing works Flash!  Grin

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: