Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: My sky box  (Read 932 times)
Miss Angry

Ignore
« on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 13:16:40 »

I know i should put it in standby but i always forget to... but recently its just been putting itself in standby over night which is kinda cool!

But i have a week off work, so today i have had it on itv all morning whilst i have been bumming around... but its just gone off agian so im wondering if it now goes off if ive not switched it over in 4 hours or something?

Is anyones doing weird things or is it just mine?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 13:18:09 »

they go to standby after a period of inactivity.
Miss Angry

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 13:20:29 »

but it never used to, its only started going off at night in the last two weeks... and i dont have it plugged in to the phone line so i didnt think they would be able to update it

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 13:21:58 »

mine puts up a warning that it is going to go to standby.i'm guessing yours is doing the same?  or does it just shut down when you are viewing?
Miss Angry

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 13:23:36 »

It didnt cos i was watching loose women ( which was a bit rubbish ) it just went off  Huh?

I think not going to work has made me feel slightly dim... i could never be a "stay at home mum"
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 13:23:40 »

It seems like this is an update from sky that's been pushed down as mine is doing the same
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 13:25:43 »

There is an option somewhere to disable the auto standby feature. This is in the picture settings menu I think.  

edit : old instructions, probably still correct

# Press the Services button on your Sky remote.
# Press 5 for Sky+ Setup.
# Push up twice to highlight Auto Standby.
# Push left (or right) once to change ON to OFF.
# Push down once to highlight Save New Settings and press Select.
# Push the Sky button to return to whatever you were watching

Originally it was that your box would only go into standby at night. But I think in the name of green-ness they have extended this to any  time of day after x amount of inactivity as Arriba says.

FYI: Software upgrades are done over the air (dish) not over the phone line.
Miss Angry

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 13:32:31 »

Thanks Batch, i was slighlty confused but guessed it might be something like that... and the reason it prob doesnt go into standby whilst im at work is becasue my son wakes up and for whatever reason puts automatic timers on every silly programme going, so even though the TV is off the box is still active therefore not turning off. He hasnt done it today cos we were up late and i just so happen to be home all day with one channel so it did it.

Sussex

« Reply #8 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 13:38:43 »

mine puts up a warning that it is going to go to standby.i'm guessing yours is doing the same?  or does it just shut down when you are viewing?

I've been getting this recently too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: