Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wanborough Training Ground...  (Read 7267 times)
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 08:18:43 »

Apparrently the owners have gone into administration...

If ever there was an alternative possible location to the county ground then in my eyes this has always been it.. it already has the conferencing facilities and training facilities and the amount of land available would be sufficient to hold a decent sized stadium.  This, coupled with the fact it is within a stones throw of the A419 and M4, makes it a viable option...

Discuss...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 08:23:15 »

Good luck trying to persuade the planning authorities those access roads are going to be suitable for getting 4-5000 people up there every other week. The roads round there get jammed for the Wanborough summer fete
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 08:29:28 »

Don't think the council are too bothered at the moment with congestion taking into account their likely decision to remove the park and ride scheme (having already removed a significant number of parking spaces in town on the back of it)  Wink
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 08:43:45 »

Swindon Town belongs in Swindon.  If I wanted to get my sporting kicks in Wanborough, I'd take up fox hunting.  (Well, actually I wouldn't.)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 08:49:59 »

If ever there was an alternative possible location to the county ground then in my eyes this has always been it.. it already has the conferencing facilities and training facilities and the amount of land available would be sufficient to hold a decent sized stadium.  This, coupled with the fact it is within a stones throw of the A419 and M4, makes it a viable option...

Discuss...

Or... the council buy the land and buildings for a nominal fee, relocate the athletics club and cricket club and let the football club have the surrounding land at the CG for training facilities.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 09:16:26 »

Or... the council buy the land and buildings for a nominal fee, relocate the athletics club and cricket club and let the football club have the surrounding land at the CG for training facilities.

Now there's a thought...

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 11:32:15 »

the land is private and would cost fucking loads.poor location for a football stadium anyway imo.a deal with the council over the county ground site,or an alternative is the only way forward i can see.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 11:45:39 »

the land is private and would cost fucking loads.

But the company is in administration, so it won't go for anything near market value.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 11:48:06 »

How much do you reckon it would cost to buy?

Could be an idea for Andrew Black to buy it up and house some of is orses there, and let us use the football pitches to train on.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 11:49:20 »

i wonder if the club have stumped up cash for the use of the pitches in advance? a deal was only reached a few months ago.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 11:50:21 »

And if the owner is in administration, does that mean the players won't be getting their chicken curry lunches anymore?

Maybe Sargeant Wilson can answer this one for us.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 11:52:08 »

this...

I think this was in trust plans that were put to the old board about 2 and a half years ago? Or it was certainly looked into
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #12 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 12:00:27 »

I think someone should email that suggestion to nick Watkins.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 12:08:41 »

But the company is in administration, so it won't go for anything near market value.

Not necessarily. They will try and get the best price for it, usually through an auction.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 12:28:45 »

this...

I think this was in trust plans that were put to the old board about 2 and a half years ago? Or it was certainly looked into
Yes it was. Whether it would be viable now would depend on the cricket club's attitude to a move. At the time we wrote the proposals they were amenable to a move, subject to an adequate alternate location/facilities being provided, but since then I understand they've decided they'd rather not move. Of course, whether that's a hard and fast set in concrete decision or whether they may change their minds again is another matter and I would imagine would depend on how attractive any offer made to them was. They have no compelling need to move in their own regard so any offer made would have to be a pretty good one.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: