Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: superbowl  (Read 4528 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, February 6, 2009, 17:49:41 »

J!   E!   T!   S!   JETS JETS JETS!!!

that is all.

apart from to say i hope rexy boy does us proud, we got a decent core to the team, and i really wanna see us do better than those Blue and White cunts, the giants-pats superbowl was horrible to watch!

The first thing to do is get a new QB. Favre played like a prick in that last game against Miami and cost them the game. Yes he's a living legend....bla bla bla..but even living legends go past their sell by dates.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, February 6, 2009, 17:53:37 »

I'm going to support the Steelers. They sound like a good team to support and Pittsburgh is a beautiful part of America.
Yes, it's lovely:

[url width=352 height=450]http://www.explorepahistory.com/images/ExplorePAHistory-a0b8a5-a_349.jpg[/url]

« Last Edit: Friday, February 6, 2009, 17:56:12 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, February 6, 2009, 18:43:33 »

After readin this thread i have realised i now support the Pitsburgh stealers, they sound ace.

Don't know if that was a typo or not but it does actually sum up the scumbags.

Because that's what they do, Steal wins with the help of the officials.

Thank God the Philthy Eagles didn't make it to the Superbowl, at least with the Cardinals I had one team I could want to win.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, February 8, 2009, 15:23:49 »

J!   E!   T!   S!   JETS JETS JETS!!!

that is all.

apart from to say i hope rexy boy does us proud, we got a decent core to the team, and i really wanna see us do better than those Blue and White cunts, the giants-pats superbowl was horrible to watch!

I think Ryan is the right man, after all we had his dad on the staff for SB3 (must be a good omen).  As OST rightly says, we need to replace Favre, although by playing like an arse in the final match he stopped the Pats getting to the play-offs, so it wasn't all bad.

The news is still strong that Ray Lewis could be on his way...he'll be a free agent and he's already said Ryan is like a father to him.  Lewis would be the big leader we need on defence.  Get a top QB (Cassel? shame the Pats franchised him - although not surprising), and Lewis and on we go to glory.

I can dream, can't I?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, February 8, 2009, 21:16:30 »

I think the Pats are going to need Cassel next season. Even if Brady's injury heels completely, he's not going to be 100% by any means. I have to say, I am a big fan of Byron Leftwich. OK, he's a bit of a dough boy but he's got a fantastic arm on him and he's fully fit again after loads of injury problems. He came on for Rothlessburger (sp) when he got injured against the Redskins back in October and he was excellent. The Steelers didn't miss a beat (unfortunately) He's an Unrestricted Free Agent and there's no way Pittsburgh will keep him. If not for the Jets, he will be a great signing for some one.

I can see the 'murderer' ending up in green and white though. And a great signing he would be. I don't pretend to know what the hell I'm talking about when it comes to football (i.e NFL) tactics but I would imagine that The Jets will go to a 3-4 defence as that's what The Ravens have had a lot of success with over the years (well, it's sort of based on 3-4 anyway). That should mean that Vernon Gholston, who they shelled out big bucks for in last year's draft and did sod all this season, will be a lot more effective. And having big Ray beside him will do him no harm whatsoever either.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in Free Agency, I just hope the Bengals re-sign Houshmandzadeh. They probably won't though. They never do anything I want them to (like win)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, February 8, 2009, 21:24:57 »

I think Ryan is the right man, after all we had his dad on the staff for SB3 (must be a good omen).  As OST rightly says, we need to replace Favre, although by playing like an arse in the final match he stopped the Pats getting to the play-offs, so it wasn't all bad.

The news is still strong that Ray Lewis could be on his way...he'll be a free agent and he's already said Ryan is like a father to him.  Lewis would be the big leader we need on defence.  Get a top QB (Cassel? shame the Pats franchised him - although not surprising), and Lewis and on we go to glory.

I can dream, can't I?

Didn't know you of all people liked it!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, February 8, 2009, 22:17:26 »

Sure do...and OST seems to know a lot about the Jets, for a Bengal!  Fair play, Leftwich could be one solution for sure.  I just can't see how the Pats will want to pay for both Cassel and Brady - it'll cost far too much.

As for Lewis, I think he'll give Gholston the kick up the arse he needs.  I was really pleased when we drafted VG as he was versatile and would fit into the way the Jets liked to play.  Not sure, after all the coaching changes, what the defence will look like next year, but I guess it'll be a version of Baltimore's...and who could blame them for that?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, February 8, 2009, 22:21:49 »

Whos the couple in your Avatar Shaun T?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, February 8, 2009, 22:47:32 »

Whos the couple in your Avatar Shaun T?
It's the late great John Le Mesurier and a 'young friend'. It could be his wife actually, I think she was about 20 years younger than him. What a man Cool
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, February 8, 2009, 22:59:24 »

Sure do...and OST seems to know a lot about the Jets, for a Bengal!  Fair play, Leftwich could be one solution for sure.  I just can't see how the Pats will want to pay for both Cassel and Brady - it'll cost far too much.

As for Lewis, I think he'll give Gholston the kick up the arse he needs.  I was really pleased when we drafted VG as he was versatile and would fit into the way the Jets liked to play.  Not sure, after all the coaching changes, what the defence will look like next year, but I guess it'll be a version of Baltimore's...and who could blame them for that?

Learn something new everyday.

Personally I'm not a fan, much prefer the NHL.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 19:04:17 »

Ooh! ooh! ooh! News hot off the press - well, the NFL website actually...

Brett Favre has announced his retirement today.

Again.

I think he will stay retired this time though.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 19:54:36 »

Ooh! ooh! ooh! News hot off the press - well, the NFL website actually...

Brett Favre has announced his retirement today.

Again.

I think he will stay retired this time though.

Good, we need the cap room...just at the start of Free Agency, thanks Brett, the timing is spot on.  Thumb

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, February 13, 2009, 00:24:35 »

i'd rather he stayed retired thanks, gave us a bump for one season, pushed us on a bit, hopefully we can kick on from here!

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, February 13, 2009, 07:17:34 »

Learn something new everyday.

Personally I'm not a fan, much prefer the NHL.

NHL is awesome. Went to see Tampa Bay Lightning twice, enjoyed them both immensely. Super fast sport and the game against the Hartford Whalers, was especially violent. Somebody got sinbinned for about 30 minutes, his list of offences was legendary!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: