Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Spain v England  (Read 6295 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #60 on: Thursday, February 12, 2009, 09:28:23 »

Was good to see crouch carried on his seasons form of being utter shite. Lets be honest though Spain are a different class and if we can learn from that then great
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, February 12, 2009, 09:48:06 »

i'm taking nothing away from Spain with my comments as they showed they're quality but we couldn't cope with them.

Johnson seriously never got near a ball all first half. Barry i only heard his name once and that was when they called the teams out.
Boggyhore i don't rate as an international. Club yes. England  No.

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #62 on: Thursday, February 12, 2009, 09:51:26 »

i'm taking nothing away from Spain with my comments as they showed they're quality but we couldn't cope with them.

Johnson seriously never got near a ball all first half. Barry i only heard his name once and that was when they called the teams out.
Boggyhore i don't rate as an international. Club yes. England  No.
Agree they were poor the players you mention but then Johnson was up against world class and Neville would probably play in a more important match,Gabby will not play ahead of rooney and Barry not ahead of gerrard.Lets face facts we put out a average team and still only lost due to two defensive mistakes and spain did not cause any other problems bar that.
cib

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, February 12, 2009, 10:57:58 »

Gabby will not play ahead of rooney and Barry not ahead of gerrard.Lets face facts we put out a average team and still only lost due to two defensive mistakes and spain did not cause any other problems bar that.

Gabby won't be ahead of Rooney, Heskey, Owen or Defoe I'd imagine if they were to be playing well prior to a game. But I disagree about Barry, he's played moreorless every game for Capello and is in the side to compliment either Gerrard or Lampard.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #64 on: Thursday, February 12, 2009, 11:07:17 »

Good point and to be fair bar last night has done well
adje

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, February 12, 2009, 11:37:23 »

What happened to James "Swindon til he dies" Milner?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #66 on: Thursday, February 12, 2009, 12:01:21 »

Spain were by far the superior side. Xavi and Senna were both class. Spain gave a classic lesson in playing the ball on the floor and movement off the ball.
I thought our back 4 were garbage - particularly Jagielka and Johnson who both have a lot to learn.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, February 12, 2009, 12:12:50 »

over paid losers

never going win anything

they are all rubbish

*usual shite posted after England lose a game*

The one thing I didnt get, is there a more in form English player than Ashley Young right now. Why can he not get a game ahead of Stewart fucking Downing?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #68 on: Thursday, February 12, 2009, 12:44:59 »

I didn't watch the match, but it seems as though we more or less fielded our B team.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #69 on: Thursday, February 12, 2009, 12:48:42 »

You would be right and that b team restricted possibly the best team in the world to just 2 shots on target
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, February 12, 2009, 13:07:31 »

I dont think our players need a caning after that given that Spain are seriously fucking good and fielded pretty much their 1st XI.   There is no disgrace at losing to the best international team in the world right now.

We were misssing 4 of our better players in J cole, Rooney, Gerrard and Ferdinand.  Thier replacements are nowhere near as good.
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 12, 2009, 13:10:20 by Colin Todd » Logged
dell boy

« Reply #71 on: Thursday, February 12, 2009, 13:13:43 »

I don't think Spain are the best in the world at the moment, they are ranked best but have some weak areas and better sides than England will exploit.
Mainly there defence, it looked very poor to me and could not handle Wright-Phillips (who on the world stage is just an average performer) when he ran at them.
Midfield was just decent, nothing special and not a wow factor, in both those departments I'm positive England could match them any day of the week.
What we cannot match and haven't for years is the forward line, we have nothing nearing world class in this country, in total contrast Spain have an abundance of world class forward talent.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, February 12, 2009, 13:38:54 »

I disagree. Overall we didn't play badly, Spain were just much much better than us. It's not every week that Englands players are up against a midfield that are just constantly interchanging positions, they just couldn't handle them.

And the players you mention - Downing is the only genuine left sided winger we've got, Barry's probably the best defensive midfielder we've got, Agbonlahor when given the right service is a very decent striker and Cole and Johnson are the most in form players in their positions at the moment.

I agree about Carrick though, he just can't seem to perform at international standard.
Ashley Young?
Did i miss something yesterday was he injured or something because for him not to start was utterly, utterly ludicrous.

the best English player this season in the Premier League.

officially blacker than the night.
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, February 12, 2009, 14:00:52 »

Downing, Jagielka, Wright Phillips and Johnson are nowhere near good enough for international level in my opinion.

Barry and Carrick could be, so could Ashley Cole when we looks like he gives a fuck.

I think only 3 or maybe 4 players that started last night would make it into my first XI.
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 12, 2009, 14:02:39 by STFC4LIFE » Logged
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, February 12, 2009, 20:05:57 »

ashley young on left, theo walcott on right , heskey and rooney up the middle, not many teams could cope with that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: