Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: £5 tickets for P45 wavers  (Read 14723 times)
spacey

« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 14:49:07 »

It's teachers that piss me off! They get loads of holidays, finish at 3.30 everyday, spend half their day thumbing through a copy of the Sporting Life and the other half having an affair with the Home economics teacher. They should pay double to subsidise price reductions for those that deserve it.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 15:08:47 »

Could you? Cheers reaper

Who rattled your cage?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 15:10:14 »

Could you? Cheers reaper

Sprinkling salt in the wounds again Shop!!!  Cheesy

Clems Army!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 18:20:15 »

Anything to keep fans coming through the gates during the recession is good.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 18:39:22 »

Which is still more than most get paid. Look at NHS staff, some take home less than that. I'm not saying its not a tragic loss for the town and surrounding businesses but the point I was making is why should Honda workers be singled out? A lot of people have had to take pay cuts etc- what about the 'trades'? They're suffering. Would they get cheaper tickets? Its should be the same rule for everyone - be it cheaper or the same price. End of the day a lot of people are hard up.

I'm getting 8 days pay this month. I'm sure that's 8 days more than many are getting this month. NHS staff get loads of other benefits, cheaper pizza; state pension; voluntary early retirement benefits; life assurance cover, not to mention if they get laid off, I think they get a nice little package too.

As Paul D said, if you're going to make it fair, you'd need a system to means test everyone. The reason Honda workers are included is because they are a large target audience and the club could potentially miss out on a lot of revenue.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 19:31:19 »

Sippo's got fuck all to moan about anyway. He only works term time, is employed by the local council so earns a dcent wage for doing little work, gets a state final salary pension and all the other benefits.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 20:01:00 »

Fuck OAP's! They've had plenty of time to prepare for these occasions.
Thats just made me laugh,a lot.

I love you John  Cheesy

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, February 12, 2009, 00:20:37 »

Which is still more than most get paid. Look at NHS staff, some take home less than that. I'm not saying its not a tragic loss for the town and surrounding businesses but the point I was making is why should Honda workers be singled out? A lot of people have had to take pay cuts etc- what about the 'trades'? They're suffering. Would they get cheaper tickets? Its should be the same rule for everyone - be it cheaper or the same price. End of the day a lot of people are hard up.
So, like I say, what are you going to do? Means testing on the turnstiles. Get real - this is a decent gesture to people suffering a hard time. Perhaps not everyone suffering a hard time, but then if you're going down that road, that's like saying unless everyone can benefit from something, no-one should.

Reaper, best of luck coming through it, let's hope things pick up as quickly as possible (for everyone not just Honda workers, heaven forfend). And Sippo, just count your lucky stars it hasn't hit you yet, instead of bemoaning a small gesture of help being offered to some of those it has.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #53 on: Thursday, February 12, 2009, 08:15:14 »

Thats just made me laugh,a lot.

I love you John  Cheesy

I love you too - just don't get old.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, February 12, 2009, 08:35:32 »

Sippo's got fuck all to moan about anyway. He only works term time, is employed by the local council so earns a dcent wage for doing little work, gets a state final salary pension and all the other benefits.

Earns a decent wage?!! I don't think.

People are getting me all wrong here. I think what the club is doing is great, but should offer to a wider audience.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #55 on: Thursday, February 12, 2009, 09:35:49 »

People are getting me all wrong here. I think what the club is doing is great, but should offer to a wider audience.
What like milkmen, we should help them.Leefer used to be a milkman
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, February 12, 2009, 09:57:57 »

Why should fat people get benefits?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, February 12, 2009, 12:51:00 »

Why should fat people get benefits?

Because inside every fat person there is a thin person trying to get out, so the club could potentially sell 2 season tickets.

You know it makes sense.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, February 12, 2009, 12:56:28 »

2 season tickets needed = 1 seat for each cheek Cheesy
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, February 12, 2009, 16:18:20 »

You crack me up!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up