Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: £5 tickets for P45 wavers  (Read 14590 times)
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« on: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 10:59:21 »

Are you on the rock and roll? On 'holiday' from Honda? You can get £5 tickets in the Town End and £10 in the Don Rodgers Stand for the Southend game and until the end of the season..

Yes under the terrible headline of TOWN LAUNCH JUST THE TICKET on the official site there are £10 Don Rodgers tickets and £5 Town End tickets for Southend and free tickets for any under 10s that you bring with you - if you can prove that you are out of work...

Read the press release below if you want but more as a lesson in how not to market a very good offer..

--
http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/page/TicketNews/0,,10341~1545806,00.html
---
Swindon Town Football Club is acutely aware of the impact that the current economic conditions are having on so many Swindon based businesses and individuals and the club itself is not immune from the effects of the recession.

The club considers itself to be an integral part of the Swindon Town community and believes that it has an important role to play in using its facilities to help support the community in these challenging financial times. The four month shut down at Honda, allied to recent press articles relating to other businesses in Swindon that are suffering from the downturn, brings the depth of the economic crisis into sharp focus.
Article continues
Advertisement

In these challenging times, entertainment, with a particular emphasis on football, can often provide temporary release from the trials and tribulations facing so many people presently and act as a catalyst for knitting communities more closely together.

Therefore, commencing with the February 7th home fixture against Southend United and for the remainder of this season, Swindon Town Football Club would like to make the following gesture available to those members of the Swindon community who find themselves currently out of work and seeking new employment financial support under the Job Seekers Allowance initiative or who have recently been laid off or made redundant.

Swindon Town fans

Don Rogers Adult or Concession Advance Match Day Ticket: £10
Children aged 10 and under (accompanied by an adult) Free

Town End Adult or Concession Advance Match Day Ticket: £5
Children aged 10 and under (accompanied by an adult) Free

The conditions of purchase.
 Tickets must be purchased before 12pm on the Friday before the Saturday game, and before 12pm on the Monday before the Tuesday evening fixture
 No 'Just The Ticket' tickets can be purchased on Match Day
 One adult ticket per person, no multiple purchases
 Valid documentation i.e. Job Seekers Allowance registration, Honda I/D, or official redundancy notice, together with legitimate I/D must be produced when purchasing a ticket
 This offer is only valid until April 24th 2009
 Match Day access to the Legends' Lounge is permitted with a valid Match Day ticket
 Up to two children aged ten and under permitted per adult
 Conditions subject to review by Swindon Town Football Club

The club is only too aware that a great many current Season Ticket Holders are victims of this economic downturn but are confident that they will support this community gesture for the non 2008/09 Season Ticket Holders.

The STFC management team will be meeting this week to begin planning the 2009/10 Season Ticket campaign.

Commenting on the 'Just The Ticket' initiative, STFC Chief Executive Nick Watkins said:

"Given the economic conditions and the attendant financial uncertainty that so many of our fans maybe facing, 'Just The Ticket' is a temporary measure for the remainder of this season to assist those who may otherwise be denied the opportunity to watch football.

"Challenging times demand creative thinking."

Watkins added: "In the coming weeks we will be seeking to construct a 2009/10 Season Ticket proposition that will allow our fans to continue to enjoy Saturday afternoon football at The County Ground within what could be, revised budgetary constraints."
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 11:01:45 »

Great idea if you ask me, which you didn't.
Sussex

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 11:08:11 »

Are you on the rock and roll?

I am (only because I had to for mortgage protection to pay out).

Do you think they'd pay my £30 petrol to get there and back too?

Oh well.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 11:17:30 »

Great idea if you ask me, which you didn't.

Sorry Batch, what do you think?

I also think it is a great offer and one that the club should do a bit more to promote.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 11:21:12 »

unless i misunderstand, you need to actually visit the ground to purchase the tickets to provide proof...that's a bit of a bummer for the unemployed that don't live nearby.

(i.e. me)
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 11:22:58 »

Fair play to the club. Its a very good idea.

*enters tory boy mode*

bloody scroungers! is there anything they dont get for free or cheaper? house, council tax, buses, now football tickets.  shoot them all!

*exit tory boy mode*
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 11:23:38 »

unless i misunderstand, you need to actually visit the ground to purchase the tickets to provide proof...that's a bit of a bummer for the unemployed that don't live nearby.

(i.e. me)

Maybe they'll let you fax / email?
Sussex

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 11:28:14 »

Fair play to the club. Its a very good idea.

*enters tory boy mode*

bloody scroungers! is there anything they dont get for free or cheaper? house, council tax, buses, now football tickets.  shoot them all!

*exit tory boy mode*

Ha. I spend all day everyday job hunting. I want to work!
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 11:29:29 »

Ha. I spend all day everyday job hunting. I want to work!

A likely story.  Watching jeremy kyle and wanking more like  Wink
nochee

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 11:47:14 »

A likely story.  Watching jeremy kyle and wanking more like  Wink

What ever flicks your switch but i prefer a good XXX movie than Jeremy Kyle for self pleasure.
DMR

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 11:49:03 »

I'd be embarrassed to wave my P45 in front of some cunt in the ticket office.

Woooo, I'm unemployed or redundant, check it out!

No thanks.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 14:52:33 »

Watching jeremy kyle and wanking more like  Wink

At the same time? Have you seen the women on there? No thanks, though some blokes obviously like them  Cheesy

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 15:23:11 »

I'd be embarrassed to wave my P45 in front of some cunt in the ticket office.

Woooo, I'm unemployed or redundant, check it out!

No thanks.

spoken like a proper rich kid
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 16:11:35 »

What ever flicks your switch but i prefer a good XXX movie than Jeremy Kyle for self pleasure.

In that case I recommend XXX2 - the next level.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 16:19:16 »

I'm just about hanging on at my place.

Should know either way by tomorrow!

Good idea of the club though....thinking of the fans, a refreshing change.

Clems Army!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: