Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Transfer Deadline Day  (Read 7546 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, February 2, 2009, 11:58:54 »

Because players,agents and the club medical staff are having trouble getting to there locations.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, February 2, 2009, 12:31:37 »

Sheffield United are expecting some activities this afternoon according to ssn. Someone on the Sheffield United forum reckons they are expecting to bid 1.5m for Cox.

Hopefully it's bull shit.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #17 on: Monday, February 2, 2009, 12:42:02 »

Sheffield United are expecting some activities this afternoon according to ssn. Someone on the Sheffield United forum reckons they are expecting to bid 1.5m for Cox.

Hopefully it's bull shit.

I heard that... Sad
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, February 2, 2009, 12:48:57 »

Shouldn't be extended... should make it more fun trying to get deals done...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, February 2, 2009, 12:49:37 »

That Seffield U rumour has been doing the rounds for ages though. So hopefully it is BS. Didn't they just buy a striker? edit: Yes, Chesterfield's Jamie Ward for £300K + extras.

That said, for £1.5M would we deal or no deal. I'd say we'd sell, but it would knacker us for the rest of the season.
« Last Edit: Monday, February 2, 2009, 12:52:17 by Batch » Logged
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #20 on: Monday, February 2, 2009, 12:55:34 »

Shouldn't be extended... should make it more fun trying to get deals done...

Ageree they have had fuckin weeks to get deals sorted
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, February 2, 2009, 12:57:38 »

That Seffield U rumour has been doing the rounds for ages though. So hopefully it is BS. Didn't they just buy a striker? edit: Yes, Chesterfield's Jamie Ward for £300K + extras.

That said, for £1.5M would we deal or no deal. I'd say we'd sell, but it would knacker us for the rest of the season.

Nonsense. Razak will rattle in a dozen goals and then it will be Simon Who?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #22 on: Monday, February 2, 2009, 12:59:03 »

Nonsense. Razak will rattle in a dozen goals and then it will be Simon Who?

this is true!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, February 2, 2009, 13:09:57 »

Hopefully it's bull shit.  It is bullshit, it came off that rumours website yesterday.

Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, February 2, 2009, 13:40:46 »

According to BBC sport the transfer deadline could be extended.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, February 2, 2009, 13:44:32 »

Think that post got delayed by the snow russ!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, February 2, 2009, 13:52:18 »

Wilson's view
http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/page/PreMatchPress/0,,10341~1542403,00.html

Danny Wilson is not expecting any further additions to his Town squad before the transfer window closes at 5pm today.

Seven days ago the Town boss recruited Hal Robson-Kanu (Reading) and Gordon Greer (Doncaster Rovers) on one-month loans and signed Jean-Francois Lescinel and Hamdi Razak until the end of the season.

And having already bolstered his squad, the manager is not anticipating any further new arrivals before the deadline arrives.

"It looks as though it is going to be a quiet day for us," he explained.

"There were one or two things that could have come off, but I don't think anyone else will be joining us between now and five o'clock.

"I am also delighted to report that so far there have been no phone calls for any of our players. We have had no enquiries aside from the one we had a few weeks back for Coxy.

"We have strengthened the areas that we wanted to," said DW. "Had I not been able to bring in the likes of Robson-Kanu and Greer then I would have been disappointed.

He added: "Any additions to the squad today would have just been the icing on the cake, but we may be able to do something with the flexibility that the emergency loan system affords us."
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, February 2, 2009, 13:57:09 »

Think that post got delayed by the snow russ!!

Ooops that will teach me to read other post's first before i jump in like a bull in a china shop.
santasdead

« Reply #28 on: Monday, February 2, 2009, 15:34:37 »

dont get why it should be lengthened,if teams wanted to buy or sell theyve had a month to do it.

in any other business if there was a deadline...its stuck to, if cox ends up goin after 5, i will be very dissapointed...although if 1.5m is the figure then it gives us a bit to work with in the summer.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, February 2, 2009, 16:11:24 »

I see Brighton have signed Craaaaaaaaig Davies (can I get a re-wind?) from Oldham for an undisclosed fee and some bloke called Mcnulty from Stockport for £150k.  Never heard of him.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: