Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Oldham Official Matchday Thread  (Read 22651 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #240 on: Saturday, January 31, 2009, 17:59:41 »

This is the key run, if we go down after these set of fixtures - we deserve to go down.

21/03/09    H   Hereford   
28/03/09    A   Yeovil Town
04/04/09    H   Crewe       
11/04/09    A   Brighton
13/04/09    H   Leyton Orient
18/04/09    A   Carlisle
25/04/09    H   Bristol Rovers

I feel DW may have them sorted by then. Hopefully.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, January 31, 2009, 18:10:56 »

This is the key run, if we go down after these set of fixtures - we deserve to go down.

21/03/09    H   Hereford   
28/03/09    A   Yeovil Town
04/04/09    H   Crewe       
11/04/09    A   Brighton
13/04/09    H   Leyton Orient
18/04/09    A   Carlisle
25/04/09    H   Bristol Rovers

I feel DW may have them sorted by then. Hopefully.

That looks horrible...we've still only lost to 2 of the top current 9.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, January 31, 2009, 18:13:28 »

DW sounded well pleased with that performance....got to build on that v Cobblers.

It's unusual to get so excited by a 0-0 draw Smiley

Windass usually blasts one past us, so it was good to keep silent such a deadly player.  Oldham must have smelled victory in the second half, and it must have been cathartic for the Town players.        
FlashGordon

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, January 31, 2009, 18:32:25 »

Allen looks to be taking his chance as well good on the lad

Come on YOU REDS!
justboiledover

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, January 31, 2009, 19:16:49 »

Went to match today, can't beleive how solid we looked. Brez had to pull off a couple of good saves but all in all a decent performance, Kanyuka put in an excellent shift (if unspectacular), and on another day we may even have nicked it.
santasdead

« Reply #245 on: Saturday, January 31, 2009, 20:15:20 »

Good game today,end to end stuff,defence held out well,kanyuka MOM until he went off - winning balls to allow allen to play it around & hassling their midfield,good call by DW,now we can get rid of nalis.

Back four had a good game greer & vincent looked like they get on very well on that left channel,glad to see ifil being given captaincy giving him that confidence he lost.

Kanu didnt really do anything spectacular,mcnamee came on for him and the game turned straight away,macca had a good run out imo,but others may disagree.

up top we created good chances and space,but allen and jpm seemed like they were confused with who they wanted to pass to,that'l come to allen if he gets a good run out for the next few weeks,jpm was just poor,his movement after passing was appauling,but some of his crosses were top notch.

razak did well wen he came on playing "like a 12 year old" who wanted teh ball,just needs to be less clumsy and keep his arms down when challenging,a better target man, but is pushed off teh ball relatively easily considering his physique, and was given a lifeline when the ref backed down from sending him off,cos in all honesty he should have seen red at least once.

good point again though Smiley
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, January 31, 2009, 20:20:52 »

Much more encouraging, didn't go on Tuesday so first time I've seen the shiny new defense and I have to say I'm impressed.  Amazing what difference having a left back makes, Vincent's distribution is still a little shady but he knows how to defend and we looked so much the better for it.

Greer was unremarkable but solid and I'd be very happy if we managed to bag him permanently, looked comfortable and didn't hoof it too much, good L1 defender.

Somehow the central midfield partnership worked and Pat Kan looked so much more assured than he does in defense, provided good cover to allow Allen to try and play football.

Razak is a head case, really aggresive in the air and that scissor kick came right out of nowhere, would have been a fantastic goal.  Didn't look great in possession but I expect with a bit more experience and game time that will get better.  Think the ref got a little carried away with himself really, one of the free kicks given against him wasn't a foul at all and I think the left back knew the ref was on the look out for Razak, bit of gamesmanship there for sure.

All in all a good performance but we weren't great in wide areas if I want to be picky.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #247 on: Saturday, January 31, 2009, 20:52:51 »

Kanyuka played really well today, broke most of the oldham attack up. Brez 2 saves at the end kept us in it. Also Oldham keeper save from Razak shot was top drawer material. Thought that one was in.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, January 31, 2009, 22:57:02 »

Allen looks to be taking his chance as well good on the lad
  Never saw him a lot of tuesday, until he played a crossfield pass from the outside of his boot that spun a mile straight to jpm ,not seen anything like it for years, but it was missed by most i think, absolutely top class
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Sunday, February 1, 2009, 02:23:17 »

He also massively ballsed up a corner routine that looked suspiciously like it may have been rehearsed a few times.

Proportional representation, and all that.
Spencer_White

« Reply #250 on: Sunday, February 1, 2009, 10:46:41 »

The most interesting thing about yesterday was me doing smelly farts in a pub.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Sunday, February 1, 2009, 15:33:58 »

We heard. Literally. Even out here. Thank god the aroma didn't travel so well.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Sunday, February 1, 2009, 16:59:59 »

I must admit that a well timed, smelly fart in a pub can be very useful.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Sunday, February 1, 2009, 17:02:21 »

Town fans in "not freezing cold" shocker!Didn't even need a coat!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Rich Pullen

« Reply #254 on: Sunday, February 1, 2009, 19:17:44 »

That looks horrible...we've still only lost to 2 of the top current 9.

But as I said, if we can't get points against those - we deserve to go down.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: