Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC vs Walsall Matchday Thread  (Read 35581 times)
Danjackson10

« Reply #375 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 12:53:13 »

Rah Ha that was me!! I was stressing due to lack of milk available!

You did look rather stressed, i was gonna say hello but thought better of it and you might not of known who the hell i was ! Smiley
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 13:30:08 »

As I said in my post, they looked solid and then lost the plot which is exactly what they've done in plenty of other games. In that regard I don't think there has been any improvement. Walsall weren't a threat until we gifted them a goal and then collapsed, letting them back in to the game. Again, the same thing has happened in plenty of other games so again, no improvement.

Our defence has been pretty decent all season, except for the stupid mistakes which cost us dearly. Its not like they're a complete crock of shit for entire games, they just keep making mistakes they shouldn't be making.

As I said in my post in many games this season I dont think we've looked solid at the back at all, we did go through the period (as you describe) of individual errors under malpas but that stopped months ago and just started to look generally shambolic instead as any confidence they had drained out of them.

Yes we panicked like fuck when we conceded the 1st goal, which to an extend is understandable given recent results and our inability to hold on to leads over the season. But until that point there had been a major improvement in my eyes which is probablly due to the inclusion of 2 experienced defeders who have played at a higher level.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 14:11:50 »

I think the important thing to take from tonight is that Walsall were a poor side, but the amount of times we've given away 2 or 3 points to crap teams does't bear thinking about. Three points is the biggest thing, even if we did make it hard on ourselves.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #378 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 14:45:54 »

The important thing to take from last night is 3 points.

Let's just keep on doing that this season and then worry about sexy football next season innit, DW doesn't exactly have an easy job ahead of him innit.

*Disclaimer*

It was ridiculous O'clock here and so I was sleeping through the match.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 15:00:08 »

The place for blanket wearing, thermos swigging, ladies of a certain age used to be the upper tier of the Shrivenham Road Stand.

It was a completely different habitat up there....a self contained ecosystem...Larwood would have fitted right in Smiley
Ha ha,ace  Grin

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 15:42:27 »

I take a thermos - well except last night when I didnt have time

I often contemplate taking a blanket but wonder if its a step too far?? the two old ladies that used to sit in front of me in the Townend used to have a big red and white one they had kniited themselves - perhaps its OK if its your own needlework?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 18:18:34 »

I too saw your muffs last night!  Looked very toasty!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 18:49:22 »

Just seen the goals on Points West. Cox's was a real minter. I thought when I saw it last night that it bounced before he hit it, but it didn't. He took one touch to control the high looping ball then lashed it in. Absolute wonder strike. Tick-a-boo son.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 19:15:32 »

I think everyone's being a bit OTT at how much we imploded. Even after Walsall had the second goal we saw a lot of the ball and apart from a few corners at the end had no other efforts on goal? I can't see how anyone can think that wasn't a vast improvement!
nochee

« Reply #384 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 19:35:02 »

Just seen the goals on Points West. Cox's was a real minter. I thought when I saw it last night that it bounced before he hit it, but it didn't. He took one touch to control the high looping ball then lashed it in. Absolute wonder strike. Tick-a-boo son.

Any links so us "foreigners" can see the goal?  STFC world take ages to put the latest highlights online.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 19:44:37 »

Nope. It'll probably be on the Virgin Media site tomorrow.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 19:44:51 »

It looks better on TV...i didnt see the control from the Town End.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 20:06:13 »

I think everyone's being a bit OTT at how much we imploded. Even after Walsall had the second goal we saw a lot of the ball and apart from a few corners at the end had no other efforts on goal? I can't see how anyone can think that wasn't a vast improvement!

because then some people wouldnt have anything to moan about...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 20:16:55 »

Not sure if this has been posted if not...   http://www.walsall-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=429457
ST_INC

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 20:55:10 »

Cox goal.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: