Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Anti Fitton sentiment  (Read 9824 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 22:25:08 »

I can tell you that its more than a few Dicks on thisis who are dissapointed with this season,Fitton has said he made a mistake,fair play to him and all of us are more than happy with what hes done off field...but unfortunatly alot of fans whether we like it or not want more onfield...the average joe dont want to hear that the off field scenario is kicking ass..the average fan wants us to start kicking ass on field so in my view you have to take a little gamble to go forward.
Simon Cox has shown that by flashing the cash responsibly pays dividends...we need to flash abit more responsibly.we have taken a gamble on two trialists and two loanees and time will tell if they are the answer...i doubt it myself.
Ime very very happy with Danny Wilson as manager and as always will be behind the team during the matches...we were lucky to get him,if we can survive this season ime convinced he can push us forward.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #46 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 23:58:30 »

How can he push us forward without money leefer?

swindon-chap

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 00:02:32 »

Wilson has said today he won't rule out making more signings.

"We are still looking to bring one or two more in," he said. "We had to be patient but I am delighted to have made the signings. If their arrival puts one or two noses out of joint in the rest of the squad then so be it, we need results.

So obviously Fitton is giving him quite significant backing. Don't forget we did offer cash for Anyinsah too, and that might be spent on these couple of possible signings Wilson mentioned above. I have complete faith in what Fitton is doing and will support him completely. It's the least he deserves in my opinion.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 02:20:14 »

D.W. was the only choice to make, and now he's getting new players.  You cannot ask for any more than that.
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 08:30:27 »

D.W. was the only choice to make, and now he's getting new players.  You cannot ask for any more than that.

Bit ott isn't it

When you're smiling.........
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 08:36:36 »

This board have had merely 12 months anyone who expected a total revamp in that time need shooting. They backed malpas and have admitted that was wrong i dont know what more people want. They are now backing wilson so i really am confused what more they can do
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 09:47:41 »

There are as many mongs on here as there are there.Personally im sick of having to give thanks for them saving the club.How long are we supposed to to be thankfull? will we still have to be thankfull when we are in Div3? Still thankfull when we are out of the League?

We are constantly told to stop looking back and start looking forward but some fans harp on about our saviours and the old board as if that makes everything alright now,just because something used to be really shit doesnt mean we should have to put up with the current crap.And no I wont be outside the ground protesting just yet but that doesnt mean they should be beyond scrutiny.

No-one is saying that the new board are beyond scrutiny.  I see it as part of our job as supporters to do that.

But there is scutiny and there is negativity and knee jerk reactions. They got Malpas wrong. Most of the problems on the picth stem from Malpas. I'm willing to give them more than 12 months to get it right.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 09:51:03 by Colin Todd » Logged
Rich Pullen

« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 09:55:53 »

If we have a good month on the pitch the mood will change - at this stage it doesn't fully feel like a relegation season, maybe because we were far worse in 2005/06 and bottom of the table for the majority.

Question is, can we have a good month? After Leeds away, there's a run of fixtures that will truly decide whether or not we deserve to stay up.

H   Hereford
A   Yeovil Town
H   Crewe
A   Brighton
H   Leyton Orient
A   Carlisle
H   Bristol Rovers

Still alot of points to play for this season.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 10:07:36 »

Talking of staying up, I see Huddersfield are sniffing around Lambert. If he goes they can do us another favour by getting relegated instead of us.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 13:30:54 »

The old board got about 5 years before getting a concerted effort of negativity being thrown their way.  Given what they managed to do to the club in that period, I'd say the new gang should have a few months more!

Have they/will they get things wrong? Yes
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 13:43:38 »

The good thing is they seem to be very keen to learn by the mistakes unlike the previous wankers
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 17:14:37 »

The good thing is they seem to be very keen to learn by the mistakes unlike the previous wankers

Well James Wills is there to offer advice...although he's never seemed the brightest. I wonder where he gets his advice from?
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 19:42:17 »

So, in your opinion matters have been handled well since MM's sacking?

To answer your question, no I don't.

But I can't buy into your assumption/opinion that the Board have accepted relegation at this stage of the season. Which is speculative conjecture at best IMO.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 22:41:19 »

Well James Wills is there to offer advice...although he's never seemed the brightest. I wonder where he gets his advice from?

James Wills is on the Board by token gesture. His input consists of answering the question previously this was a mess, wasn't it James? by nodding and not saying a word.

Still, you can't beat a bit of comedy at an AGM.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 22:43:18 »

I'm pretty sure I can recall Fitton pretty much saying that if Wills disagreed with anything the rest of the board thought they would out vote him anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: