Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Audience with Danny Wilson  (Read 13033 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 14:06:42 »

Why are you such a miserable cunt Reg?

Clap  Everything is great at our club...is that better.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 14:08:44 »

Clap  Everything is great at our club...is that better.
He's got a point though Reg, you should change your avatar to Eeyore. Recently you've been a right miserable bastard - kind of like Bart but with added "Tales of the Old Railway" stories Wink
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 14:11:13 »

seen as Bart hasnt been seen for ages. I put it to the TEF that Reg is actually Bart
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #93 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 14:20:46 »

Seconded.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 14:28:46 »

seen as Bart hasnt been seen for ages. I put it to the TEF that Reg is actually Bart
Actually, Reg seems to have got more miserable as you've cheered up - I think you've got some weird "slough of despondency" transference going on. Kind of like a miserableness Picture of Dorian Gray. Leave Reg alone and dump your excess gloom on someone else!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 14:34:22 »

So, if I become more miserable Reg will become more happy?!

I'll try it
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 14:40:40 »

He's got a point though Reg, you should change your avatar to Eeyore. Recently you've been a right miserable bastard - kind of like Bart but with added "Tales of the Old Railway" stories Wink

I refuse to be silenced by the happy clapping tendency...you lot may be satisfied with everything on the good ship STFC, but I'm not....

[url width=227 height=227]http://www.didcotrailwaycentre.org.uk/guide/photos_square/branch_02.jpg[/url]

My grandfather used to work this signal box at Radstock Junction.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 14:41:51 »

I refuse to be silenced by the happy clapping tendency...you lot may be satisfied with everything on the good ship STFC, but I'm not....

[url width=227 height=227]http://www.didcotrailwaycentre.org.uk/guide/photos_square/branch_02.jpg[/url]

My grandfather used to work this signal box at Radstock Junction.
Smiley Nice one Reg, made me chuckle
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 16:31:31 »

Whatever the fine detail of the argument, I consider it important that the Board are held to account for their actions...with the AGM being a decent vehicle for it to happen.

Agree completely about that.

What I find odd, is that you seem determined to compare the current board unfavourably with previous ones. Previous boards may not have "suggested" doing away with AGMs but in several recent years we have had no AGM being called despite it being illegal!

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 16:49:14 »

I go to Radstock alot Reg...also Midsomer Norton...which as you kow is Rogers coutry,only a small area but always seems alot going on there.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 16:58:29 »

I go to Radstock alot Reg...also Midsomer Norton...which as you kow is Rogers coutry,only a small area but always seems alot going on there.

My father was born in Midsomer Norton....Somerset coalfield
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 17:11:13 »

He probably knew the Rogers mob then...was talking to a fella about the coal mines in Somerset and in fact the Forest of Dean..it was very interesting,the work was shockingly hard.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 20:06:33 »

Agree completely about that.

What I find odd, is that you seem determined to compare the current board unfavourably with previous ones. Previous boards may not have "suggested" doing away with AGMs but in several recent years we have had no AGM being called despite it being illegal!
He also omits the rather salient point that the proposal in question was actually withdrawn voluntarily by the board after they'd listened to and taken on board suggestions from the floor of the AGM. Which puts a rather different light on the matter - you don't get a lot more responsive to listening to the fans than that. How many people remember Holt doing something like that at an AGM, as opposed to misleading shareholders about the financials?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #103 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 20:19:46 »

Bob Holt said that holding an AGM was just like buying a house.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 20:23:45 »

Using the term "known to favour" I think is fair enough. Whether this becomes a reality, we'll have to wait and see....I'm hoping not.

We cannot give this Board carte-blanche, because they're not Diamand Mike...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: