Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekend Bets  (Read 15364 times)
Danjackson10

« Reply #120 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 19:59:57 »

How much did you lose?

Thats the part we really want to know about
Amir

« Reply #121 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 20:15:55 »

I've won and lost thousands in the past, and definately lost more than I've won.  If I could have just limited myself to football I'd have been up, but I could never wait for the next set of football fixtures to come around.

Luckily I've never really believed in credit, so I didn't get myself into debt.  That said I'd quite happily have banged away most of a month's wages in a couple of hours at one point.  Haven't bet for about a year now, although I've got shit loads of shares which is gambling in a different way.

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 20:30:41 »

i had the usual 1 result ruining my accumilator(villa this week)
had a couple of winners on the horses yesterday.
hoping westwood gets some birdies as i'm on him e/w in the golf
dell boy

« Reply #123 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 07:22:49 »

How much did you lose?

At times I lost more than I could possibly afford, but as a punter you remember those massive wins and you know you can do it, and you believe you will. I've seen so many punters in my time who place a bet believing they have lost before it even runs, 'the doom and gloom brigade', lose their money every day but come back the next day with another stash. They are the guys who go home with nothing because they do not know when to stop, you have to realise that sometimes it is just not going to be your day, never chase money especially on 'Virtual Racing' etc.

Over the last 15 years I have become more mature with my gambling and can go months without a bet. I do not follow tips about horses who are supposedly going to win or are trying, I leave those races well alone. I do follow information about horses that are not trying especially if they are fancied and then obviously bet against them, it certainly narrows down the field.

It was easy come easy go for me ... my father was a bookmaker all his life and at the age of 5, I could calculate bets and was already studying the form. I worked with my father on the course for many years and when he retired I took over his pitches and trading name. I soon found out it was easier to win taking the bets than trying to find a winner from ten or more runners.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 07:47:37 »

I soon found out it was easier to win taking the bets than trying to find a winner from ten or more runners./quote]

Which is why bookies have three people taking bets and only one paying out.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
dell boy

« Reply #125 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 08:17:09 »

I soon found out it was easier to win taking the bets than trying to find a winner from ten or more runners./quote]

Which is why bookies have three people taking bets and only one paying out.

If you are talking about on the course, then that is not correct - the headman takes the bets and lays the odds, the clerk records the bets and informs the layer how the book stands, the third member of the party is the odd-job who will pay out bets and go for this and that and of course the shared tic-tac who will work for six or so firms each meeting, unless it is a large festival when you use your own.

Only one in a team can make the book or it would be chaos.

You can only ever have one taking the bets
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 16:37:42 »

any bet you want I will oblige.

I'll have a pound on Swindon getting more than 3 points this season at 1,000,000 to 1.

Thanks.
flammableBen

« Reply #127 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 18:20:14 »

I'll have a pound on Swindon getting more than 3 points this season at 1,000,000 to 1.

Thanks.

Why throw your money away?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2009, 21:12:44 »

Another small profit on 4s from 5 tonight,screwed over by Man Utd being beated by Burnley like the rest of the worlds fixed odd betters id imagine Grin

Still doubled my money and live to fight on(not gonna waste it this time)

/
W56196272
Miss Angry

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2009, 21:56:22 »

i won £100 today on a scratch card today!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2009, 22:09:09 »

When did you win it?
Miss Angry

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2009, 22:45:36 »

yesterday.... give me a brake im ill!
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 08:34:24 »

Another small profit on 4s from 5 tonight,screwed over by Man Utd being beated by Burnley like the rest of the worlds fixed odd betters id imagine Grin

Yeah I got stung by that result too.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 21:50:42 »

Took another profit tonight had

Dinamo Zagreb @ 4/9   
Everton @ 1/3   
Rapid Vienna @ 5/2   

in a Patent

3 footy bets in a row showing profit :O

/
W56196272
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Friday, August 21, 2009, 01:08:51 »

I won back the money I lost yesterday tonight.

Bet on Lazio, Ajax and Fulham all to win at home.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: