Pages: 1 ... 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 ... 339   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Who's snuffed it now?'  (Read 1353131 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3375 on: Sunday, January 3, 2021, 22:25:42 »

Aged 79,   legend, RIP,

Last year I was event managing the Take That show at Anfield and he came and sang YNWA with them.  Proper special moment that was.

Never knowingly overstated.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3376 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 08:42:15 »

Last year I was event managing the Take That show at Anfield and he came and sang YNWA with them.  Proper special moment that was.

What a fantastic song and all down to one man Gerry Marsden and so iconic & emotional

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3377 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 09:19:16 »

What a fantastic song and all down to one man Gerry Marsden and so iconic & emotional

*Pedant Alert*

I'm sure Richard Rodgers might have disagreed with you. (had he been alive)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3378 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 09:21:54 »

*Pedant Alert*

I'm sure Richard Rodgers might have disagreed with you. (had he been alive)

Maybe but I can only go on what I see and hear

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #3379 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 09:26:08 »

Maybe but I can only go on what I see and hear

My pedantic point was that you stated YNWA was all down to one man, Gerry Marsden. However had Rodgers not written that song, then Marsdsen wouldn't have made it his own.

That said, he absolutely did make that song his own and lifted it to emotional levels rarely seen. Its definitely one that raises the hairs every time you hear it!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3380 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 09:28:13 »

My pedantic point was that you stated YNWA was all down to one man, Gerry Marsden. However had Rodgers not written that song, then Marsdsen wouldn't have made it his own.

That said, he absolutely did make that song his own and lifted it to emotional levels rarely seen. Its definitely one that raises the hairs every time you hear it!

That was also my point Bob. I know that he never wrote it but he turned it into the iconic emotional song it is today and who knows if it would have been the same if some other artist had got it first and such a shame a full Andield won't be able to pay their respects

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #3381 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 09:43:59 »

That was also my point Bob. I know that he never wrote it but he turned it into the iconic emotional song it is today and who knows if it would have been the same if some other artist had got it first and such a shame a full Andield won't be able to pay their respects

Fully agree Jimmy, sorry didn't mean to be a nob about it, Monday morning back at work so feeling a bit blue this morning!

I've been to a Champions League game at Celtic Park where they belt out YNWA prior to matches but I'd say you can't beat Anfield for it.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3382 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 10:00:06 »

Fully agree Jimmy, sorry didn't mean to be a nob about it, Monday morning back at work so feeling a bit blue this morning!

I've been to a Champions League game at Celtic Park where they belt out YNWA prior to matches but I'd say you can't beat Anfield for it.

Nice worries Bob Happy New Year to you. My first day back but even worse I'm on a 2-10pm shift so hanging around thinking about it.

It's a fantaaic song and never had the opportunity to witness at Anfield even when Swindon played there a couple of times over the last 20 years or so

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #3383 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 10:12:01 »

Nice worries Bob Happy New Year to you. My first day back but even worse I'm on a 2-10pm shift so hanging around thinking about it.

It's a fantaaic song and never had the opportunity to witness at Anfield even when Swindon played there a couple of times over the last 20 years or so

Happy New Year JQ, hope your shift today goes well squire! Smiley

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3384 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 10:16:49 »

Happy New Year JQ, hope your shift today goes well squire! Smiley

Cheers Bob but somehow think it will drag 😡

So, give no fucks
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #3385 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 15:59:30 »

The story goes that whilst playing in Hamburg at the time of the Beatles etc. etc. YNWA was done by Tony Sheridan and always got a tremendous reception. After returning to Liverpool Gerry and the Pacemakers used it in their set with a similar reaction. It was the third release of the number one trio and history made.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3386 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 18:28:40 »

Charlie's Angel and Bond girl, Tanya Roberts 65.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3387 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 05:43:44 »

Charlie's Angel and Bond girl, Tanya Roberts 65.
She's not died, apparently.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3388 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 09:01:16 »

She's not died, apparently.

Yeah, still with us, saw that this morning.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3389 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 09:37:39 »

I guess she will die another day

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 ... 339   Go Up
Print
Jump to: