Pages: 1 ... 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 ... 339   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Who's snuffed it now?'  (Read 1352607 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #2880 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 03:15:34 »

I know next to nothing about her, but I am aware that there's rather a lot of people pissed off at the press.

Yet, many of those complaining are still likely to be buying the Sun tomorrow and other tabloids to read up on Katie Price's current misfortunes. Or if/when Gazza falls off the wagon again, or if Raheem Sterling didn't buy his girlfriend a card for valentines. And so on...

Nothing will change. The angst at the press will be gone in a week or two. And they'll just keep on doing what they always do; because people keep on paying for it.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #2881 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 03:20:30 »

I know next to nothing about her, but I am aware that there's rather a lot of people pissed off at the press.

Yet, many of those complaining are still likely to be buying the Sun tomorrow and other tabloids to read up on Katie Price's current misfortunes. Or if/when Gazza falls off the wagon again, or if Raheem Sterling didn't buy his girlfriend a card for valentines. And so on...

Nothing will change. The angst at the press will be gone in a week or two. And they'll just keep on doing what they always do; because people keep on paying for it.

This. We are all responsible, and the love island show she presented is part of the same game. Not that it makes it less sad. Anybody who buys a tabloid is scum.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #2882 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 07:57:36 »

Err ... not me.

Nothing to see here
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2883 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 08:17:21 »

Err ... not me.
+1
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2884 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 08:57:27 »

Some bloke has been posting some of the stuff the media were publishing in the weeks before Di died, I.e. before all the created peoples princess stuff and its vicious, so as you say nothing has or will change.

Its actually been quite interesting to follow on social media as a case study of the way the media can groom people to a way of thinking, firstly a lot were blaming the media, then the poor lasses management had a pop at the CPS, this has been picked up by the usual media suspects and heavily run with, suddenly it's been turned into the CPS with the same who were twittering on about media hounding having become experts in DV prosecutions following the media line.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #2885 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 10:26:00 »

This.

I had never even heard of her until this TBH, not the sort of programmes myself or any of my family watch but something has gone terribly wrong along the way.

Too young to go RIP.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2886 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 11:36:08 »

RIP, very sad end of a young life.

probably not the place, the press are cunts, but some people keep buying it too.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #2887 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 11:37:33 »

RIP, very sad end of a young life.

probably not the place, the press are cunts, but some people keep buying it too.
Exactly.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #2888 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 13:28:05 »

This.

I had never even heard of her until this TBH, not the sort of programmes myself or any of my family watch but something has gone terribly wrong along the way.

Too young to go RIP.
I'm with you.

Seen her in the online newsfeed headlines but never clicked, let alone watched Love Island.  I sensed she was taking a bit of a dicking from the headlines.  Think the blame on the CPS not dropping her case by her management team is understandable but misplaced.  It's the media feeding frenzy of any hearing (and all the incidental evidence) that would have been so hateful rather than the application of the law to her too.  As with (nearly) ALL suicide cases, desperately sorry there was no one  to take her through this phase to the other side.  She was obviously a seriously talented media performer
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #2889 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 13:30:59 »

Some bloke has been posting some of the stuff the media were publishing in the weeks before Di died, I.e. before all the created peoples princess stuff and its vicious, so as you say nothing has or will change.

Its actually been quite interesting to follow on social media as a case study of the way the media can groom people to a way of thinking, firstly a lot were blaming the media, then the poor lasses management had a pop at the CPS, this has been picked up by the usual media suspects and heavily run with, suddenly it's been turned into the CPS with the same who were twittering on about media hounding having become experts in DV prosecutions following the media line.
on the money there, Horlock, as so often

Ignore
« Reply #2890 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 17:15:48 »

Never could say I met Flack but did see her in the flesh. It was early in her tv career at a Fash FC match where she did the on pitch stuff. She came across as bubbly and jovial and of course was very pleasing on the eye. Feel really sorry for her and this is just tragic. She had a tough ride for years. From the screaming one direction fans to the press. Very sad ending for her.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #2891 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 06:32:30 »

Former assistant manager, Harry Gregg, who was a hero of the Munich air disaster.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #2892 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 09:15:59 »

The last of the Busby Babes,  I believe.   R.I.P. Harry.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2893 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 09:20:49 »

My old man would have seen him play, he went the the game at Highbury just before the Munich air disaster.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2894 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 09:39:12 »

The last of the Busby Babes,  I believe.   R.I.P. Harry.

Off the top of my head Bobby Charlton is still with us isn't he?

Edit: Plus Wiki suggests Wilf McGuinness (no idea)
« Last Edit: Monday, February 17, 2020, 09:43:15 by horlock07 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 ... 339   Go Up
Print
Jump to: