Pages: 1 ... 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 ... 339   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Who's snuffed it now?'  (Read 1352991 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2520 on: Tuesday, March 26, 2019, 23:39:52 »

The great Ranking Roger from The Beat aged just 56, lovely man I had the fortune to have met several times and always a gentle giant and real gentleman, RIP big man Sad .

Rip. First record I bought was by The Beat, Too nice to talk to.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #2521 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2019, 05:24:33 »

Very sad to hear this. RIP Roger
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #2522 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2019, 12:53:32 »

Sad news,top man roger
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #2523 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2019, 22:30:56 »

The great Ranking Roger from The Beat aged just 56, lovely man I had the fortune to have met several times and always a gentle giant and real gentleman, RIP big man Sad .

Did he take you to a restaurant that had glass tables ?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2524 on: Friday, March 29, 2019, 15:10:43 »

Shane Rimmer, the voice of Scott Tracey  Sad
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #2525 on: Friday, March 29, 2019, 15:12:49 »

Agnès Varda, film director of the nouvelle vague.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2526 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2019, 09:48:56 »

Bill Heine of Headington Shark infamy! 
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #2527 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2019, 10:41:30 »

Used to walk past the shark every day when I lived in the area in the 80's.
Bill Heine also managed a cinema nearby called 'Not the Moulin Rouge' that had a large pair of can-can legs dangling from the roof. The site is now flats but the legs moved to Brighton.

Swindon did have a mini going up the side of Alexander House in Fleet Street area I think.
Not sure if it's still there as the builders are in by the look of it.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2528 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2019, 10:52:40 »

Used to walk past the shark every day when I lived in the area in the 80's.
Bill Heine also managed a cinema nearby called 'Not the Moulin Rouge' that had a large pair of can-can legs dangling from the roof. The site is now flats but the legs moved to Brighton.

Swindon did have a mini going up the side of Alexander House in Fleet Street area I think.
Not sure if it's still there as the builders are in by the look of it.

Had a number of reasons for having a quick look at the shark down the years..... trips to the Manor... Headington Labour Club. ex Sister in Law living nearby etc. Thinking about, it's been a while since last out that way, although in Oxford on Monday for cricket.... is it still there?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #2529 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2019, 11:24:41 »

Had a number of reasons for having a quick look at the shark down the years..... trips to the Manor... Headington Labour Club. ex Sister in Law living nearby etc. Thinking about, it's been a while since last out that way, although in Oxford on Monday for cricket.... is it still there?

Yes, still there.
Use to live next door to the Labour Club, round the back.
Cheap beer. Happy days. Not so good with that period coinciding with Headington United's rise through the divisions.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2530 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2019, 11:53:46 »

Sad Great guy, very sad to hear that
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2531 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2019, 14:41:02 »

Yes, still there.
Use to live next door to the Labour Club, round the back.
Cheap beer. Happy days. Not so good with that period coinciding with Headington United's rise through the divisions.

I can sympathise.... but you can't have everything in life.   Headington were OK when a Southern League club, there was something quaint about a working class enclave tacked onto the Oxford of establishment privilege, a shame when they went for a sort of early franchising by changing their name.  Oxford had a traditional club in City, they won the Amateur Cup in 1906.

The Amateur Cup used to be quite a big thing.... some great names... won or got to finals... including Swindon Victoria in 20/21.  My fave Bormuff Gasworks Athletic reached the final of 29/30.
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #2532 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2019, 17:43:04 »

Also the great Pegasus from Oxford, Amateur cup winners and Oxford and Cambridge students. Managers included Vic Buckingham and Joe Mercer.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2533 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2019, 18:00:56 »

Also the great Pegasus from Oxford, Amateur cup winners and Oxford and Cambridge students. Managers included Vic Buckingham and Joe Mercer.

I always had Pegasus down as an Oxbridge combination side.... where did they play? 
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #2534 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2019, 18:06:18 »

Not so good with that period coinciding with Headington United's rise through the divisions.

I was living there about 10 years later when we won at Wembley under Glenn.  That was more fun.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 ... 339   Go Up
Print
Jump to: