Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 339   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Who's snuffed it now?'  (Read 1352876 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Monday, April 7, 2014, 19:44:41 »

Just seems a pretty callous and inhumane to say about the mother of two young kids who died only a few hours ago

Or maybe I'm being a soft cunt

You aint soft...others are as thick as shit,unless its there family or it directly affects them they dont give a shit.
Now i may not know any of your family members...does that give me the right to take the piss if they died??/

Course it dosn't....bollocks about them reading the forum etc dont and shouldnt come into it.
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #466 on: Monday, April 7, 2014, 19:52:44 »

You aint soft...others are as thick as shit,unless its there family or it directly affects them they dont give a shit.
Now i may not know any of your family members...does that give me the right to take the piss if they died??/

Course it dosn't....bollocks about them reading the forum etc dont and shouldnt come into it.

Totally agree leefer. To have such disregard for someone so young dying is just callous. She has done nothing to offend or incense. Its as if its ok to take the piss simply because she is a famous figure.
Flashheart

« Reply #467 on: Monday, April 7, 2014, 20:03:25 »

Who's taking the piss? Has anybody said they find it funny?
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #468 on: Monday, April 7, 2014, 20:21:57 »

Honkeytonk
Flashheart

« Reply #469 on: Monday, April 7, 2014, 20:24:45 »

I don't think he found it funny that she died.

But then I'm sure he can speak for himself (cough).......
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #470 on: Monday, April 7, 2014, 20:32:18 »

did I say he found it funny?
Flashheart

« Reply #471 on: Monday, April 7, 2014, 20:42:16 »

So then what are you objecting about? How is/was he taking the piss?

I don't want to get into a personal argument with anybody by the way. I'm just curious as to why people think that we should tip-toe around the subject of somebody's personality because they have died.
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #472 on: Monday, April 7, 2014, 20:48:36 »

One more vapid, useless person gone from the world. Boo hoo.
This, famous for being famous. Couldn't care less.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Monday, April 7, 2014, 20:52:40 »

Humanity is on a sharp decline  Roll Eyes
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #474 on: Monday, April 7, 2014, 20:53:28 »

By claiming she is vapid and useless along with ending the statement with boo hoo. Saying that about someone who has not only just died but of someone they don't know is quite frankly in my book, taking the piss.
I'm sure you'll disagree though wont you Flashheart?
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #475 on: Monday, April 7, 2014, 20:55:09 »

Oh the Irony
Flashheart

« Reply #476 on: Monday, April 7, 2014, 20:57:40 »

By claiming she is vapid and useless along with ending the statement with boo hoo. Saying that about someone who has not only just died but of someone they don't know is quite frankly in my book, taking the piss.
I'm sure you'll disagree though wont you Flashheart?

Why does the fact that she's only just died make any difference?

Would it be OK to say in a couple of weeks? Months? Years?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Monday, April 7, 2014, 21:00:24 »

I am a conscientous human being. I didn't find it funny that Peaches Geldof died. Nor do I revel in her death or have contempt for her family members at what must be a massively difficult time for them.

Clear? Ok.

I just find it a little appalling that when someone related to a famous person, whose only (real) claim to fame was being related to that famous person, and therefore being someone who the media loves, a 'hollow' celebrity whose life is based around appearing in celebrity magazines, the media paw over it like jackals at a feast, and will doubtless continue to paw over it for as long as humanly possible, seeking out any kind of excuse to fill some air time with anything about the poor dead girl.

They don't care about who she was or what her family are going through. All they care about is using her shell of a media persona to sell stuff. And that's what they'll do, mark my words. Whether she asked for it or not. And that's what my comments were targeted at. Poorly, I'll admit, as I'd just come in from a 12hr shift at work, but that's where I was going with it.

As a related aside, if someone who has actually contributed to the betterment of life on this planet dies, they're doing well if the media reports it as front-page news, let alone actually takes a moment to remember them for their accomplishments.

Thanks Flashheart for defending me. You're a sweetheart. xxx
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Monday, April 7, 2014, 21:05:32 »

Personally, I tend to just think, oh that's sad.  I really don't think anyone has any need to see my thoughts through the wonders of social media.  Sometimes its just better to not share.  People seem to have lost the ability to shut the fuck up and consider things quietly without spewing it out on computers.

Never knowingly overstated.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Monday, April 7, 2014, 21:20:03 »

Personally, I tend to just think, oh that's sad.  I really don't think anyone has any need to see my thoughts through the wonders of social media.  Sometimes its just better to not share.  People seem to have lost the ability to shut the fuck up and consider things quietly without spewing it out on computers.

Absolutely.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 339   Go Up
Print
Jump to: