Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 50 of the most atmospheric stadiums in football  (Read 4609 times)
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, January 3, 2009, 17:25:39 »

Ive been to Nou Camp twice over the last couple of yearsm and both times the atmosphere has been awful on both of them. It seemed silent at times.

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, January 3, 2009, 22:54:03 »

MMMMM, no Trent Bridge or Baseball Ground.....and i agree Pompey are overated,love loftus road and Fulham is quality when full,my favourite away ground when full is Goodison,the place crackles with atmosphere.
Panda Paws

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, January 3, 2009, 23:12:51 »

Have you been to Fratton Park? It's fucking noisy, even when they were shit.

Yes I have, and really.....the tenth best atmosphere world football? they don't even fill the place most weeks and it was half empty before they suddenly became this massive club with the best fans in the world. I remember going there 10 years ago and it was no better than most grounds, certainly doesn't stand out in the memory for being spine tingling, ear splitting loud. Stoke, on the other hand, is amazing at times.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 4, 2009, 11:18:25 by Panda Paws » Logged
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #18 on: Saturday, January 3, 2009, 23:20:20 »

Wolves is good when it gets going
dell boy

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, January 4, 2009, 11:16:26 »

The Old Den use to really rock in the 80s.
Loftus Road is a proper ground and the atmosphere can be pretty electric.
Favourite ground for atmosphere/noise - The Dell!!!

Worse ground for atmosphere/noise - White Hart Lane
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, January 4, 2009, 13:01:46 »

Can't beleive boavista's ground isn't there. The match I went to was immense. Never heard it so loud.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, January 4, 2009, 13:17:38 »

Best atmosphere at a game i've been to was Russia Vs England in the Luzhniki. Intimdating.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, January 4, 2009, 13:19:17 »

I always thought Home Park at Plymouth was pretty decent, certainly a lot better than either Bristol club but, like, whatever
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, January 4, 2009, 14:14:46 »

That list is at least 50% total bollocks.

The Old Den and The Boleyn Ground should be in the top 10...and Trashton Gate...WTF, even in the derbies its fucking shit.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, January 4, 2009, 14:19:25 »

Agreed,though they never are really up for it against us....different v Rovers and the welsh clubs,can remember going to Ninian Park ona boxing day,Rogers played and we drew 0-0 in front of 26,000,tha atmosphere was amazing and can clearly remember it many years later.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, January 4, 2009, 14:57:49 »

The Old Den and The Boleyn Ground should be in the top 10...and Trashton Gate...WTF, even in the derbies its fucking shit.

Quite right! I've been there when neither were near full and the way their fans still get behind
the teams is something else.However,if you don't perform as a player or team, they soon let you
know!

The best atmosphere i've ever experienced at a league game,was when my Dad took myself and
a friend to see Rogers play for Palace against Man Utd.50.000 in the ground before 2pm and the noise just
got louder and louder in the hour before kick off.Palace won 5-0, Rogers ran them ragged scoring 2 goals
and with it being shown on the Big Match,one of the goals was voted ITV's goal of the season.
Bert Head was still manager,before Palace panicked and appointed Malcolm Allison.What a day out for
2 young school boys!

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, January 4, 2009, 15:01:40 »

And most were astonished he wasnt in the England squad after his performances for Palace...the best player never to play for England...according to no other than Jimmy Greaves and plenty more.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: