Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Steve 'Chalky' White - Happy 50th Birthday!  (Read 7739 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, January 3, 2009, 16:49:52 »

Definitely in the legend category.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, January 3, 2009, 17:25:05 »

what a cult hero he was.shorts up to his neck,not a clue about the offside rule,the two handed celebrations towards the north stand,his poor touch.but above all that his knack of scoring goals or falling over to win pens makes him a legend imo.

What Arriba said.

Considering his technique, or lack thereof it was often a wonder how he got to that level in the first place. But man did he know how to bang them in.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, January 3, 2009, 17:26:50 »

His 2 goal salvo at Trashton when we beat the Traders 4-0 will stay in my mind a long time. The Traders weren't very happy with our Chalky.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, January 3, 2009, 17:51:11 »

His 2 goal salvo at Trashton when we beat the Traders 4-0 will stay in my mind a long time. The Traders weren't very happy with our Chalky.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #19 on: Saturday, January 3, 2009, 18:27:54 »

Good find Mr. Mayes.

And what a fuckin' line up, let's hope that we get a first team as good as that again sometime.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, January 3, 2009, 19:10:23 »

Nice one Mr Mayes. You soemrtmies forget how good Jonah was and what a takle from Stigger in the lead up to the 3rd goal.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, January 3, 2009, 19:28:06 »

The pleasure was all mine. in putting in the link to the video of that match.Whenever the Slave Traders
try to give it the big un,just remind yourselves of that sunday afternoon.  Smiley

The fluidity of our midfield was just so good,with every player able to interchange with one another,
movement on and off the ball and above all else, the skill to beat their opponents.

We'll get back to those levels with the help of good management,financial investment from Mr Fitton
and the encouragement and support of all of us.Keep the belief guys,even when times are tough.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
dell boy

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, January 3, 2009, 19:49:51 »

God, we were so good in those days.

Thanks for the vid, great memories.

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, January 3, 2009, 19:54:01 »

remember that day well.to think we struggled that season too.shows how shit we are now
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, January 3, 2009, 20:51:03 »

Roger Mallone was almost in tears, we were marched back to temple meads by coppers and greeted by a ford fiesta of bristols hardest wanting a fight with a couple of thousand of us.  They were laughed at quite a lot.

Great days indeed.

Never knowingly overstated.

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, January 3, 2009, 21:22:19 »

myself and mates were in that convoy to temple meads(land of bo was there i think?) a horse slobbered all over some geezers face, and my mate got nicked back at swindon station for opening the train door before the train had stopped.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, January 3, 2009, 21:55:30 »

Who can forget being at Selhurst Park for the play-off victory,with our hero scoring twice.
Nice interview with Chalky and Barny.Happy Days..

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, January 4, 2009, 01:45:39 »

Is that favourable editing, or did we really shit on city that easily?

I want us to be that good again Sad

Things get better but they never get good
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, January 4, 2009, 10:47:54 »

Chalky is still fitter than Barry Corr!

Also remember in the early days he was a supersub of some note..........

Clems Army!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, January 4, 2009, 10:56:05 »

Dave...I can never quite decide whether it's better to have, at least seen, decent STFC sides or just always known us as crap.

When you've seen some decent stuff, it somehow makes the present shit harder to take.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: