Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ask Away...  (Read 10745 times)
JTomlinson

« on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 11:10:40 »

I am the Councillor who has been leading on the County Ground redevelopment, so if you have any questions I am happy to answer them.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 11:15:02 »

Is this some sort of wind up?  If not, are you slightly in love with yourself?

Also if anyone has any questions for a tight arsed half scotsman feel free to ask away!
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 11:15:25 »

Well, as you may have read on the Trust site, I don't live in Swindon, so have no real links to what is going on with the club other than the 'net.

What are the realistic time-scales of something actually being done?  Are we talking redevelopment in a seasons/couple of seasons time, or is it a lot further off than that?
JTomlinson

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 11:22:35 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Is this some sort of wind up?  If not, are you slightly in love with yourself?

Also if anyone has any questions for a tight arsed half scotsman feel free to ask away!

No people had been asking me what was happening, so if youy are interested I was going to let you know.
JTomlinson

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 11:24:37 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"
Well, as you may have read on the Trust site, I don't live in Swindon, so have no real links to what is going on with the club other than the 'net.

What are the realistic time-scales of something actually being done?  Are we talking redevelopment in a seasons/couple of seasons time, or is it a lot further off than that?

Well when we first sat down with the club, speed was of the essence.

In theory should they be able to agree with their developer partner(s), then it could start to happen very quickly because a lot would be simply modernising the stadium (rather than a whole new ground).

The key at the moment is that the club can broker a deal with a developer to make it worth while.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 11:26:06 »

As you're also lead Councillor for Swindon Services....do you think the fiasco over recycling and refuse ( the streets around me are curently festooned with bright orange boxes in various states of disarray) is a resigning offence?

Are you prepared to resign from the council if the CG redevelopment goes tits up and leads to the death of the football club?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 11:28:25 »

yeah im also a bit puzzled by the fact that in west swindon we are receiving wheely bins that only hold 3 bags. this will be collected every two weeks but our household puts out 3 bags a week so how is that going to work?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 11:49:17 »

Are any of those bloody indangered green annoying newt things going to show up and stop us re-developing!!!
Marie

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 11:51:10 »

How did that go from county ground to rubbish bins.... how ironic.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 11:52:42 »

talk about 25% football, 80% bollox Wink

JTomlinson

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 11:53:32 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
As you're also lead Councillor for Swindon Services....do you think the fiasco over recycling and refuse ( the streets around me are curently festooned with bright orange boxes in various states of disarray) is a resigning offence?

Are you prepared to resign from the council if the CG redevelopment goes tits up and leads to the death of the football club?

Overall the recycling scheme has been a success, so I won't resigning for that!

I am not the key player in this, my role was purely to get the club to explore the County Ground site, which I have done.  It is for the club to decide whether a scheme can stack up.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 11:53:57 »

If we put a rubbish bin in the middle of the County Ground, would it make more tackles than Hewlett did last season, discuss?
JTomlinson

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 11:55:15 »

Quote from: "Rich"
yeah im also a bit puzzled by the fact that in west swindon we are receiving wheely bins that only hold 3 bags. this will be collected every two weeks but our household puts out 3 bags a week so how is that going to work?

I thought they held more than that?

You have also been given a weekly, full kerbside recycling option.

The idea is to get people recycling more, and less stuff sent to landfill which is costing a fortune and is bad for the environment.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 11:55:28 »

Quote from: "Marie"

OK very funny......

JT though apart from trying to get the Councuil to build us a new football ground....is in charge of Swindon Services which are presently in a farcical mess.

This is not the sort of thing to fill you with confidence.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 11:56:07 »

yes it will!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: