Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pride...  (Read 2711 times)
JTomlinson

« on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 10:36:54 »

Why on earth are players no longer clambering to grab a chance to represent the Country?  Our summer tour of USA is a joke, so many players have dropped out with 'injuries'.
Marie

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 10:39:00 »

Whats the betting they want a holiday, and a break instead of playing for their country. I was thinking about this last night after i saw McAteer crying, there is really a lack of passion in football at the minute and i dont know why... maybe im not just seeing the right things, but take ur club. Which player can you say is passionate about Swindon?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 10:40:29 »

the likes of kieron richardson are now in the sqaud. i think this is because managers of premiership teams dont want their players to be burnt out so they fake injuries to make them pull out. sad really isnt it?  surely one of those managers played for their country but they wont let their players play for their country.
JTomlinson

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 10:41:18 »

They have added Zac Kinght and Keiron Richardson to the England squad now...

Wonder if we will do as well as last time we went over there with Graham 'the grass was too long' Taylor?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 10:44:22 »

Quote from: "Marie"
Which player can you say is passionate about Swindon?

Stefani Miglioranzi....

Apart from that......no one really....
Amir

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 10:44:44 »

That has to be one of the lowest points in our nation's history, along with losing 3-1 to the aussies.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 10:45:25 »

Sam Parkin? Grant Smith? they seem to be the only two that try
Marie

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 10:46:01 »

Quote from: "DV85"

Stefani Miglioranzi....

Cares yes, but passionate im not sure. To be fair to him, hes the players representative of the Study Centre. Top Bloke.
JTomlinson

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 10:47:09 »

We never seem to win friendlies under Sven, so why he even bothers?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 10:48:09 »

i dont know either i dont care about shitty friendlys anyway to be honest
Marie

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 10:49:03 »

Hes too scared of dropping 'the big guns' and giving the rest a go, Stuart Downing and Andy Johnson come to mind...maybe it is a good thing that some players are not going to the states and they can actually get a run out?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 10:52:31 »

we will probably win all our games out there with players who can be bothered! e.g. wright philiips an downing. USA are shit anyway (they call the damn game soccer for crying out loud!) so even Swindon town would beat them!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 10:55:59 »

Stefani Miglioranzi....

Cares yes, but passionate im not sure. To be fair to him, hes the players representative of the Study Centre. Top Bloke.

When was the last time Migz wasnt the last one off the pitch, he ALWASY goes round the whole ground (home) and to the end (away) and claps the fans no matter how shit the performance has been.

Some games we are awful and the players cant wait to disapear down the tunnel, Stef is always the last one out on the pitch....

He always has time for the fans, if you see him and say hello he will stop and have a chat none of this im footballer leave me alone I need to drive my merc home right now stuff....and as you said he is involved in most STFC Community related things...

Its a know fact there have been times when our players havent been paid on time, I think Migz would be the only one who went out there and played for free if he had to....
McLovin

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 11:00:16 »

Playing for your country doesn't mean as much to the players anymore, which is a great shame. And for the likes of Owen and Beckham, and to a certain extent Campbell, there isn't even competition for places.  Some players are more likely to feature internationally than domestically!  In an ideal world, all those casualties would be fighting to be fit and represent England, but that just doesn't happen.  As for Ericsson's selection policy, it is a strange one when you bring up the likes of Downing and Johnson to see if they can make it, and then leave them on the bench while letting tried and tested players prance around with no drive or commitment. It's baffling.
Marie

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 11:03:09 »

Stefani Miglioranzi....

When was the last time Migz wasnt the last one off the pitch, he ALWASY goes round the whole ground (home) and to the end (away) and claps the fans no matter how shit the performance has been.

Some games we are awful and the players cant wait to disapear down the tunnel, Stef is always the last one out on the pitch....

He always has time for the fans, if you see him and say hello he will stop and have a chat none of this im footballer leave me alone I need to drive my merc home right now stuff....and as you said he is involved in most STFC Community related things...

Its a know fact there have been times when our players havent been paid on time, I think Migz would be the only one who went out there and played for free if he had to....

I know exactly what you mean. You would have seen the 'Boyz on Film' video he did for the centre. He is the nicest bloe you'l ever care to meet, and he has huge respect from the staff because of it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: