Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Danny Wilson - New Swindon Manager?  (Read 4968 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 11:24:24 »

With no official announcement as to the reasons surrounding Wilson's removal as manager at Victoria Park, Turner admitted he too was unable to comment.

"The situation is contractual between the club and Danny," he told BBC Tees.

This could suggest that dear old swindonweb could be jumping the gun if there are still issues between Wilson and Hartlepool.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hartlepool_united/7795683.stm
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 11:26:32 by Rich Pullen » Logged
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 11:41:27 »

Wilson is probably the best candidate available to us. Can't believe people don't want him.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 13:39:37 »

Wilson is probably the best candidate available to us. Can't believe people don't want him.
Unfortunately IOB, there are "fans" out there who would run any manager down, especially if his cousin's wife's uncles, stepfather's half-brother once drove past the Kassam during a youth team fixture there!  I say just get the best man for the job, which basically is what AF is doing I guess!
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 16:11:51 »

He had Barnsley playing some very attractive football when he took them up as well. "It's just like watching Brazil" etc etc etc... And in the process he became one of the most coverted young managers in the football league.

I wouldnt mind him coming here really..
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 16:15:38 »

He had Barnsley playing some very attractive football when he took them up as well. "It's just like watching Brazil" etc etc etc... And in the process he became one of the most coverted young managers in the football league.

I wouldnt mind him coming here really..

Think Lumps will point out that he basically sank the Wendies into the shit, from which they've yet to fully recover...to completely ruin a decent club does take a bit of doing. Which explains why no-one above L1 will touch him with a barge pole.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 16:56:45 »

Wasn't there a lot of background stuff going on with the Wendies? I don't know - hence me asking - but didn't they have all sorts of financial problems/internal divisions for years?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 17:11:31 »

Wasn't there a lot of background stuff going on with the Wendies? I don't know - hence me asking - but didn't they have all sorts of financial problems/internal divisions for years?

Think he mainly got rid of Di Canio and Carbone, and replaced them with duffers like Simon Donnelly and Gerald Sibon, also Wim Jonk looms large in the lexicon of Wilson bad business.

Di Canio clearly wasn't the easiest man to manage, but I'm sure if you'd have told him how much you fancied Allesandra Mussolini he'd have don ethe biz for you.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 17:16:48 »

he told the kitman to hang Di Canio's shirt upside down from the light fitting - drove him mad
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 19:36:14 »

Think he mainly got rid of Di Canio and Carbone, and replaced them with duffers like Simon Donnelly and Gerald Sibon.
Didn't they need to get rid of them though to get them off the wage bill? Seem to remember Carbone nearly took Derby (or was it Bradford?) to the wall by himself due to his wages a few years later
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 20:07:38 »

It was David Pleat who fucked up Wednesday.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: