Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Worst Weekend Ever.  (Read 2042 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 06:04:08 »

As a lot of you know, I live in Somerset, about 6 miles from Yeovil. My local in owned by a Yeovil fan, most of my mates down here (Who aren't plastic glory boys) are Yeovil fans, even my missus is a Yeovil fan.

I took 2 of my mates to Swindon on Saturday.

Now, I don't mind losing the numerous bets I had on the game, but when I got back to the pub the Landlord had put signs up on the bar and in the gents, the signs read 'Swindon 2 Yeovil 3!! Merry Xmas, Steve.' This encouraged even more people to take the piss. What could I say in Swindons defence, that wouldn't sound like whiney excuses? Nothing. I couldn't leave the pub, as I would've just got shit for that, so I stayed until closing, trying to exude an air of indifference (I don't think it worked).

On Sunday I switched my work mobile on and had 7 missed calls from Saturday and 9 texts, all the texts were not work-related, just gleeful messages taking the piss.

I have to go in to the office today.

My pain isn't over yet.

At times like this, I wish I still lived in Swindon.

It's All Good..............
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 06:11:34 »

Ouch.

I am completely spared all of this as most people here think that there is no football outside of the premiership and that Swindon is a country in Europe.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 06:31:06 »

I must admit that living in the North East and also working in a job where nobody likes football has it's advantages in this scenario.

Saying that, when living in West Wiltshire the only time I would get mocked was when we were tonked (because they would notice us during the Final Scores) and those partaking in the piss taking were Man Utd/[insert popular Premiership team of that era here] fans - I'd ask them to name 3 up & coming players at their club, they never could.

Chin up Hertha!
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 07:20:35 »

i know your pain, my way of dealing with it is be ulta violent, none of the fucks down here bother me much anymore because of the fear
billy the fish

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 07:44:38 »

As a lot of you know, I live in Somerset, about 6 miles from Yeovil. My local in owned by a Yeovil fan, most of my mates down here (Who aren't plastic glory boys) are Yeovil fans, even my missus is a Yeovil fan.

I took 2 of my mates to Swindon on Saturday.

Now, I don't mind losing the numerous bets I had on the game, but when I got back to the pub the Landlord had put signs up on the bar and in the gents, the signs read 'Swindon 2 Yeovil 3!! Merry Xmas, Steve.' This encouraged even more people to take the piss. What could I say in Swindons defence, that wouldn't sound like whiney excuses? Nothing. I couldn't leave the pub, as I would've just got shit for that, so I stayed until closing, trying to exude an air of indifference (I don't think it worked).

On Sunday I switched my work mobile on and had 7 missed calls from Saturday and 9 texts, all the texts were not work-related, just gleeful messages taking the piss.

I have to go in to the office today.

My pain isn't over yet.

At times like this, I wish I still lived in Swindon.

think what would have happened if we won
ban from pub(landlord) Angry
no sex for a week(wife) Crying
have no friends (calls/texts) Grin
all shit the jobs (work) Sad
the good side
being able to hold your head up high Cheesy
money in your pocket Smiley
that will be next time  Wink

REFUGEE FROM THISIS SITE
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 09:42:08 »

Look at it this way Steve. Revenge will be sweet in March.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 11:06:00 »

Revenge will be sweet but it does not ease the current pains Sad

I am off into Yeovil today and I will be wearing my Swindon shirt, I will be prepared for the shit, got it last year and will again this year.

I truly feel your pain Steve but the sign thing in the pub is out of order, I hope we fucking stuff the fuckers in March.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 11:10:29 »

Revenge will be sweet but it does not ease the current pains Sad

I am off into Yeovil today and I will be wearing my Swindon shirt, I will be prepared for the shit, got it last year and will again this year.

I truly feel your pain Steve but the sign thing in the pub is out of order, I hope we fucking stuff the fuckers in March.

Cheers John. The thing is, when we beat them (Like Boxing Day last year) I love taking the piss, so I know I've got to take it when we lose.

The problem with that is there's loads of them and only one of me!

I laughed off the signs and tried to appear that I was taking it well.

What I really wanted was a baseball bat...........

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #8 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 11:20:16 »

Cheers John. The thing is, when we beat them (Like Boxing Day last year) I love taking the piss, so I know I've got to take it when we lose.

The problem with that is there's loads of them and only one of me!

I laughed off the signs and tried to appear that I was taking it well.

What I really wanted was a baseball bat...........

If you need another big shaved headed Swindon thug with a couple of baseball bats....call me Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 12:13:25 »

Just console yourself with the fact you aren't one of the locals.

And remember, he who laughs last laughs last. Or something.

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 13:57:13 »

take it on the chin herhab.
DMR

« Reply #11 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 15:25:27 »

If Swindon getting beat by Yeovil causes you that much pain and constitutes your worst weekend ever, you can't lead much of an existance.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #12 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 16:07:13 »

If Swindon getting beat by Yeovil causes you that much pain and constitutes your worst weekend ever, you can't lead much of an existance.
Sorry shall we talk about you drinking rampages and how you wank over 9 irons Smiley
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 17:26:02 »

Sorry shall we talk about you drinking rampages and how you wank over 9 irons Smiley

he has 9 irons?? fuck me thats excessive, I've got 2 and that is plenty....just one for me and one for the Mrs....he has got a big family right?!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 18:47:56 »

I don't. I sit at home every night in the dark, just waiting for Saturdays. You know me so well.

Maybe worst weekend ever was a bit strong, well done for picking me up on that.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: