Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Simon Cox  (Read 30408 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 18:23:59 »

That is rail-y bad Colin.

Cox is mint isn't he.

Best Town striker since Fjortoft?

When he does eventually go he could potentially beat the £1.5m we got for Kevin Horlock.

What I would quite like to happen then is that we buy someone, anyone, for £801k, just to wipe Beauchump out of our record book.

Cox is without doubt a decent striker, but for me SSP was better.

dell boy

« Reply #256 on: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 18:51:05 »

He has done nothing since he left us, Cox is younger has a lot more potential, I'm afraid I have to disagree.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #257 on: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 18:52:50 »

Interesting. Cox is technically more gifted but Parkin's 68 goals in 3 seasons probably edges it in his favour for me. I really rate Cox but really, he doesn't even have a song Wink

For the record I'm not very interested in how many goals a player scores after he's left Swindon.
Spencer_White

« Reply #258 on: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 19:06:17 »

Sam Parkin was more of a man who could carry a team.

Maybe we should buy him for £801,000?*

*so long as Luton then offer £799,000 for Yinka Casal.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 19:26:28 »

I'd liked to have seen them both playing together, but sadly Parkin seems to have been a Swindon hit only, a bit like Maskell.  I'd rate Cox as being the better of the two as a striker, he's got a little more that would cut it against a better level of defender I think.  Parkin seemed designed for this level.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 19:46:13 »

I'd liked to have seen them both playing together, but sadly Parkin seems to have been a Swindon hit only, a bit like Maskell.  I'd rate Cox as being the better of the two as a striker, he's got a little more that would cut it against a better level of defender I think.  Parkin seemed designed for this level.

SSP was very unlucky in his move to Ipswich...on the surface it looked an ideal sort of move...but he was undone by four things.

His predecessor was Darren Bent.
All his early goals scored were away from home.
He got a serious injury.
He moved to Luton at just the wrong time
dell boy

« Reply #261 on: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 19:49:42 »

Did you know?
He had the option to move to either Ipswich or Watford and the club/SSP chose Ipswich.
If he had taken the alternative move to Watford who were promoted that season we would have got double bubble on his transfer.... well there you go, not a lot of people know that I'm sure.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 20:02:37 »

Did you know?
He had the option to move to either Ipswich or Watford and the club/SSP chose Ipswich.
If he had taken the alternative move to Watford who were promoted that season we would have got double bubble on his transfer.... well there you go, not a lot of people know that I'm sure.

It was common knowledge at the time that SSP had a choice of Ipswich or Watford.  You could see why he chose Ipswich, but Watford may have been better....certainly Darius Henderson did all right out of it and he's not as good as SSP.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #263 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 18:07:34 »

Simon Cox stated on Big League Weekend 2 tonight (where he was guest host with Cotterill) that he hopes to play at the highest level and if a club came in from the Championship that he would take it.... assuming the clubs agree a fee etc. He doesn't feel he is a Premier League striker YET though. Thats basically saying to a club then "Come get me in the Summer" which I think we all expected anyway.....
« Last Edit: Monday, February 23, 2009, 18:10:33 by STFC_Gazza » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 18:10:25 »

Interesting. Cox is technically more gifted but Parkin's 68 goals in 3 seasons probably edges it in his favour for me. I really rate Cox but really, he doesn't even have a song Wink

For the record I'm not very interested in how many goals a player scores after he's left Swindon.
  He had a song going at leicester.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 18:11:25 »

Well he has scored the best goal ever seen at the County Ground, so in my mind that means he is good enough to play in the EPL, if he really wants to.
cib

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 18:28:48 »

You would have thought he'd wear a shirt that fitted him Roll Eyes

But, I can't blame him for what he said, I think Cotterill was doing pretty well at trying to sell him in any case
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 18:42:15 »

didnt see this one coming, I'm heart broken.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 18:56:03 »

Taken from todays sun newspaper:

Simon Cox may be a typical greedy striker on the pitch, but he has a heart of gold off it.  The Swindon hitman 21, revealed how charity work keeps his feet on the ground and said "It's important that, when you're as lucky as I am in life, you give something back.
"My girlfriend and I are raising funds for a hospital wing to be built in memory of our friend, Caroline Murphy, who died in a car crash.
"We don't make the same money as they do in the top league but we're still better off than a lot of people so it's important we do something".

People can say what they want about Coxy being ambitious but for me his attitude is spot on every game he gives 100%, every game he applauds the fans and he has great ability as well.  If the rest of our squad had given as much as him all season then we would be in a much better situation.  Liked the story above as well its nice to see a player trying to do some good with there money.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 18:59:42 »

Taken from todays sun newspaper:

Simon Cox may be a typical greedy striker on the pitch, but he has a heart of gold off it.  The Swindon hitman 21, revealed how charity work keeps his feet on the ground and said "It's important that, when you're as lucky as I am in life, you give something back.
"My girlfriend and I are raising funds for a hospital wing to be built in memory of our friend, Caroline Murphy, who died in a car crash.
"We don't make the same money as they do in the top league but we're still better off than a lot of people so it's important we do something".

People can say what they want about Coxy being ambitious but for me his attitude is spot on every game he gives 100%, every game he applauds the fans and he has great ability as well.  If the rest of our squad had given as much as him all season then we would be in a much better situation.  Liked the story above as well its nice to see a player trying to do some good with there money.

Great post.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: