Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Simon Cox  (Read 31227 times)
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 15:10:37 »

We made use of one of the perks of the Leigh Mills deal to take in Spurs reserve-team hot-shot Jamie Slabber on loan about the time we sold Fallon.

It was hoped at the time that he would be the perfect replacement for our leading scorer.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 15:12:03 »

Im not going to disagree, I think he has been shit this season.

Up untill this season I think he has been a very player for us. He certain was under Sturrock, Malpas reverting him to a striker seems to have almost killed off his career.

When he first got moved back into midfield this season I thought he did alright for the first few games but now either his legs are going/gone or the teams fitness is shit as a whole.

If I were Wilson I'd look at him and think he doesnt have the legs for a central midfield and I'd take a serious look about slotting him at centre back.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 15:26:40 »

We made use of one of the perks of the Leigh Mills deal to take in Spurs reserve-team hot-shot Jamie Slabber on loan about the time we sold Fallon.

It was hoped at the time that he would be the perfect replacement for our leading scorer.

umm, no we didn't.

Things get better but they never get good
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 15:30:39 »

umm, no we didn't.

Correct, I had the misfortune of seeing Slabber play, Fallon was sold while I was away for my first season in the Alps.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 15:31:07 »

Slabber was signed on loan the season before that to play instead of Fallon
Barry Scott

« Reply #155 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 16:18:38 »

I'd take a serious look about slotting him at centre back.

That's a bloody good idea, what with Jerel playing as a lone centre half at the moment.

Plus Peacock can talk, which has got to be a bonus, at least then Peacock can give Jerel some company and they can have a good chat while the opposition's forwards casually stroll around with a ball conveniently at their feet.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #156 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 16:33:44 »

Peacock is a striker not a very good one but still a striker. He has been shit in midfield and his legs are going but because he can talk you would play him cb? Its partly his lack of defensive ability that our defence is under so much pressure
Barry Scott

« Reply #157 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 17:50:26 »

Peacock is a striker not a very good one but still a striker. He has been shit in midfield and his legs are going but because he can talk you would play him cb? Its partly his lack of defensive ability that our defence is under so much pressure

I was trying to be funny. Humour has never been a strong point of mine.
DMR

« Reply #158 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 18:01:21 »

The thought of Peacock at centre half is alarming, tbh thought of the cunt even in the team is not exactly brilliant.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #159 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 18:11:16 »

Sorry barry more aimed at dv.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 18:43:33 »

I think we need to look at the whole squad and realise that the quality isn't there.

If we could afford to, I would be looking for a Right Back, Centre Back, Left Back, Left Midfield, 2X Centre Midfield, Right Midfield and Striker.

The only players currently at the club that would regularly get a game are Brezovan, Ifil and Cox.

We had a bit of a purple patch last season, which led people (Me included) into thinking we've got a pretty decent squad. We haven't, they're shit.

Huddersfield fans reckon we're the worst team to play at their place this season and they're not the only ones.

We just need to hang on in this league and see what Wilson can bring in in the summer, a couple of signings in January won't be enough to transform the side.

It's All Good..............
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 09:31:19 »

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/wdp/sport/football/Swindon-reject-Huddersfield-s-bid-Cox/article-623674-detail/article.html

huddersfield getting in on the act

Things get better but they never get good
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 09:52:57 »

Bye

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #163 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 09:55:37 »

I dont think cox will go in january. Morrison is a different story though
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 10:03:43 »

spill
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: