Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Relegation ?  (Read 9819 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Friday, January 2, 2009, 18:01:52 »

Maybe we should get that black guy who played at the back for Orient.......utter shite and made our fullbacks look calm and confident.
If he came in everyone would feel better than they are and morale would be improved....
Still think we need a Kamara type player in the middle to boss the game....

I suspect the chances of getting a Kammy type player are zilch..it's worth remembering, he was one of the early black players...the casual racism of teh time meant that for a lot of old school managers, black players weren't to be trusted when the going got tough in an English winter...

Someone as good as he was would be snapped up pronto by a biggish club.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #121 on: Friday, January 2, 2009, 19:46:21 »

Reg the name escapes me but didn't kammy spark out someone for racism. Jim melrose rings a bell
Lumps

« Reply #122 on: Friday, January 2, 2009, 19:47:42 »

We haven't had a holding midfielder as good as Kammy since. He's easily in my top 3 favourite Town players if all time.
Lumps

« Reply #123 on: Friday, January 2, 2009, 19:55:37 »

It was Melrose, who was at Shrews at the time. Kammy got pissed off getting shit off him and a few other Shrew players throughout the game and eventually jabbed him  one with an elbow and broke his cheekbone.
Spencer_White

« Reply #124 on: Friday, January 2, 2009, 19:55:56 »

You cant beat an all action midfield player. Tackling, passing and shooting. Great to watch. Total football!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Friday, January 2, 2009, 19:57:29 »

It was Melrose, who was at Shrews at the time. Kammy got pissed off getting shit off him and a few other Shrew players throughout the game and eventually jabbed him  one with an elbow and broke his cheekbone.

More of a right hook...
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Friday, January 2, 2009, 20:01:59 »

If i remember rightly it was reported that Melrose insulted Kammys kids...think Kammy fell out with Macari and the club for not publicy supporting him when it went to court,maybe wrong though.....but ime glad he had some good seasons at Leeds and Sheff Utd at the end of his career.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #127 on: Friday, January 2, 2009, 20:02:41 »

He smacked him one as the players were running off the pitch after the game. Kammy made accusations of racism but then withdrew the accusations. The reaction of the Shrewsbury fans was interesting. They got a bit pissy from a distance and had a "mob" of abuot 20 waiting for us after the game. Me and my mate walked up behind them, tapped them on the shoulder and asked them if they were looking for us. It did help we had another 10 up the road.
Spencer_White

« Reply #128 on: Friday, January 2, 2009, 20:09:26 »

Shrewsbury was a great day out in 06 and 1996 as well.

Just hope we are not playing them next year.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #129 on: Friday, January 2, 2009, 20:32:26 »

96 was ace me and my mate went up with two birds ended up leaving them and fuckin off to birmingham
dell boy

« Reply #130 on: Friday, January 2, 2009, 20:50:51 »

96 was ace me and my mate went up with two birds ended up leaving them and fuckin off to birmingham

Did you fancy a kebab more in those days than a shag?
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Friday, January 2, 2009, 20:53:13 »

1996 was indeed an ace day,my first ever away game as well  Grin Certainly one of the best,up there with the pox away in 2001 for sure.Remember the players coming out at the end,doing a lap of honour at the away end!

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
JPC82

« Reply #132 on: Friday, January 2, 2009, 20:54:31 »

Did you fancy a kebab more in those days than a shag?

i dont eat kebabs but id rather do alot of things rather than sex
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #133 on: Friday, January 2, 2009, 21:00:00 »

Got both that night dell:-)
dell boy

« Reply #134 on: Friday, January 2, 2009, 21:07:21 »

i dont eat kebabs but id rather do alot of things rather than sex

I've worked out who you are!!!
Well what you do for a living anyway...

Your a catholic priest and you get all your information from the youth players from the confession box....
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: